Christian Forums In General

Priceless3110

I have recently (well in the past six months) had issues with so called "Christian" forums. It surprised me with how much indifference Christians react to each other. I have posted things in a way that I am stating my opinion not forcing anything on anyone. But, because I posted things that moderators did not agree with due to either denominational differences or just because they didn't want to hear it, I would either get ignored or deleted. (NOTE: I have not had that happen to me here.) However, I have noted that things that did not have any relevance to Christianity or from people who were not Christian would be allowed to post without any problems. I am disappointed in the fact that those people are not willing to hear another "christians" point of view and maybe be opening their hearts to something that God may be trying to show them. However, they are willing to fill their minds with things that are not important in this world.

How do you all feel about this?

sad :(

But nevertheless, my "feelings" may not be lining up with what the word says, for I freely admit that I still require healing in my soul :eek:

The hope of the matter is that Christ is preached :D
Good seed, so we pray for good soil too :)

I have recently (well in the past six months) had issues with so called "Christian" forums. It surprised me with how much indifference Christians react to each other. I have posted things in a way that I am stating my opinion not forcing anything on anyone. But, because I posted things that moderators did not agree with due to either denominational differences or just because they didn't want to hear it, I would either get ignored or deleted. (NOTE: I have not had that happen to me here.) However, I have noted that things that did not have any relevance to Christianity or from people who were not Christian would be allowed to post without any problems. I am disappointed in the fact that those people are not willing to hear another "christians" point of view and maybe be opening their hearts to something that God may be trying to show them. However, they are willing to fill their minds with things that are not important in this world.

How do you all feel about this?

I would I'd have to agree with what you have said and I have to say to those who I may have shown indifferance, "Please forgive me for I don't mean to come off like that"

Its like this, if you just give your opinion in RD about religious topics without scriptural backup you are made to feel by others as though you are being frowned upon.
Its like one cannot have an opinion here without being judged in a negative kind of way.
I'm only expressing what I have learned in the Word by the Holy Spirit, and expressing my opinion from my heart what I have learned.

What you have been noticing in forums is simply the latest symptom of a much larger problem. Without sounding preachy, people today do not want to be corrected... they can't handle it.

They simply want to live however they live and be told how everything is alright. Any type of rebuke (even a holy one for their own good) is generally responded to with anger and malice.

I agree it is sad, and it is leading to a very hard downfall I think...

I agree. I have seen other posts not just my own from other fellow believers who have also had post deleted and I think many that was so good. And then it is gone and these are the ones that make it through moderation. Who knows how many people have posted and their posts didn't even get reviewed by people that may have needed it at that moment. I want to say "just because you can't handle it doesn't mean you should stop from getting posted because someone else may need it." I feel like they are hindering the Holy Spirit from working through the posts within the hearts of the would be readers. I want to ask them "don't you want to grow in your walk with the Lord. Don't you want God to show you new and greater things." I definitly don't believe they are being led by the Holy Spirit when they remove these posts I think a lot of times they are running on emotions and their opinions.

I guess it just disappoints me because they are not holding themselves up to Godly standards as they should especially when they "claim" to be Christian. Like my daddy always said growing up "if you talk the talk; you better walk the walk" or else your just being a hypocrite.

What you have been noticing in forums is simply the latest symptom of a much larger problem. Without sounding preachy, people today do not want to be corrected... they can't handle it.

They simply want to live however they live and be told how everything is alright. Any type of rebuke (even a holy one for their own good) is generally responded to with anger and malice.

I hope so! Let us not shrink from death brother!
Isaiah 1:2-6 said:
Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for Jehovah hath spoken: I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
The ox knoweth his owner, and the donkey his master's crib; but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.
Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evil-doers, children that deal corruptly! they have forsaken Jehovah, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are estranged and gone backward. Why will ye be still stricken, that ye revolt more and more? the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and fresh stripes: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with oil.
Isaiah 28:10-22 said:
For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little. Nay, but by men of strange lips and with another tongue will he speak to this people;to whom he said, This is the rest, give ye rest to him that is weary; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 Therefore shall the word of Jehovah be unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little; that they may go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Wherefore hear the word of Jehovah, ye scoffers, that rule this people that is in Jerusalem:Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with Sheol are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us; for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner-stone of sure foundation: he that believeth shall not be in haste. And I will make justice the line, and righteousness the plummet; and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding-place. And your covenant with death shall be annulled, and your agreement with Sheol shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it. As often as it passeth through, it shall take you; for morning by morning shall it pass through, by day and by night: and it shall be nought but terror to understand the message.

For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it; and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it. For Jehovah will rise up as in mount Perazim, he will be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon; that he may do his work, his strange work, and bring to pass his act, his strange act.
Now therefore be ye not scoffers, lest your bonds be made strong; for a decree of destruction have I heard from the Lord, Jehovah of hosts, upon the whole earth.
'Tis by faith in His Life that we yeild to the Life of Jesus, as our very own!
For when men have come to have understanding from God that..
Jeremiah 10:23 NIV said:
I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.
1 Corinthians 6:20 ASV said:
for ye were bought with a price: glorify God therefore in your body.
Then comes the saying;
Psalm 22:6-24 said:
But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones:they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
But be not thou far from me, O LORD:O my strength, haste thee to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.
For when men truly understand thier co-crucifixion with Jesus, and thier co-ascention with Him (after first reckoning themselves dead in the Christ) the Life of Christ is made manifest in them, and we thereby witness the Life of Jesus in us who believe, and continue in that belief!
Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake; and I will not remember thy sins.
Isaiah 46:4
and even to old age I am he, and even to hoar hairs will I carry you; I have made, and I will bear; yea, I will carry, and will deliver.
Isaiah 51:12-13
I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou art afraid of man that shall die, and of the son of man that shall be made as grass and hast forgotten Jehovah thy Maker, that stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and fearest continually all the day because of the fury of the oppressor, when he maketh ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?
Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak; behold, it is I.
Luke 24:39
see my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having.'
For He desires to give His Life to us, for us, through us!

Deuteronomy 17:7
The hand of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So thou shalt put away the evil from the midst of thee.

And as the saying goes "the truth hurts".

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I have faced this problem on another forum as well. It is very disheartening.
While none of my posts were actually deleted, the site leaders and moderators basically 'shouted me down.' They didn't respond to any of my arguments and instead resorted to personal attacks.

But this should not prevent us from posting the truth. Sometimes people are wrong and they should be told. But one thing to consider is what the argument is about. There are some things that cannot be comprimsed, while some things can. However there are also times when one must just wash their hands of the whole thing and go their seperate ways.

This whole post was rather random, did any of it make any sense or have any relevancy to the thread?

While none of my posts were actually deleted, the site leaders and moderators basically 'shouted me down.' They didn't respond to any of my arguments and instead resorted to personal attacks.

But this should not prevent us from posting the truth. Sometimes people are wrong and they should be told. But one thing to consider is what the argument is about. There are some things that cannot be comprimsed, while some things can. However there are also times when one must just wash their hands of the whole thing and go their seperate ways.

This whole post was rather random, did any of it make any sense or have any relevancy to the thread?

I think what you said was very good and very relevant. Thank you for posting it. It really helps to see how others handle things like this. I have a tendency of just letting people intimidate me when things like this happen. But I think I have had enough of letting things go and hoping someone else will handle it. God did not call me or any of us to be quiet Christians. However, I need to be careful not to post out of anger but to post out of love for my fellow brethren.

:)

I kinda understand what your saying from your second and third statement at the top here. I really don't want get into that though now but I know what you mean.

You said sometimes people are wrong and they should be told well yeah I agree but the problem with that is pride comes into the picture here.
Even though you are telling someone the truth about something being wrong with what they may have said, it causes them to get upset because you are saying stuff on a persnal note that everone else can see/read and so to that person you have made them look very stupid in front of everyone else.

Pride shows up in them and they become defensive out of offense.

As for washing your hands and walking away well I wish this was the case but then all of a sudden you recieve a pm from the one who shows a great deal of disagreement with your words and its like hes tryin to ram his so called truth down your throat.

Your right about this that there are times you must just walk away.
Does the words "Move on" mean anything? Lol One can only hope.:)

Last edited:
Not every man is swayed by sin..
Not when Jesus has the reigns :)

And even if Jesus deosn't have thier reigns..
He can have yours..
Right?

Proverbs 27:5,6,7 "Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. He who is sated loathes honey, but to one who is hungry everything bitter is sweet."

It is hard to respond on topic you disagree about without being misunderstood most of the time because written words sometimes seem very harsh but yet to the person who is writing it that may not be who they are at all.
I feel that if one is going to write a new topic or respond on a topic they should do so from the heart as they would if they were actually speaking it outloud.
One should ask themself, is what I write to someone the same as how I would speak to someone.
If we look at the Word of God, alot of it was written under dictation.
One would speak outloud the Truth of God's Word and a scribe would copy it down.
Do you see what I am saying here?
What if we could not respond by writing here but we could only respond by spoken words?
What would our character show to those we respond to?

Well anyway I thought you all might enjoy reading this its from this mornings devotional.

He did not open his mouth.[Isaiah 53:7]

What grace it requires when we are misunderstood yet handle it correctly, or when we are judged unkindly yet recieve it in holy sweetness!
Nothing tests our character as a Christian more than having something evil said about us.
This kind of grinding test is what exposes whether we are solid gold or simply gold-plated metal.
If we could only see the blessings that lie hidden in our trials, we would say like King David, when Shimei cursed him, "Let him curse....It may be that the Lord will....repay me with good for the cursing I am recieving today" [2 Sam. 16:11-12].

Some Christians are easily turned away from the greatness of their life's calling by pursuing instead their own grievances and enemies.
They ultimately turn their lives into one petty whirlwind of warfare.
As a gardener it reminds me of trying to deal with a hornet's nest.
You may be able to disperse the hornets, but you will probably be terribly stung and recieve nothing for your pain, for even their honey has no value.

I pray that God will grant us more of the Spirit of Christ, who, "when they hurled insults at him,...did not retaliate....Instead, he intrusted himself to him who judges justly" [1 Peter 2:23].
"Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and loose heart" [Heb. 12:3].

In closing we need to becareful how we speak to one another in the writing of our words.
Arrogance and Pride go hand in hand with a haughty spirit.
None of us know it all and so we must choose our words to write carefully so that we don't sound like we are talking down on a person from up high in the clouds.
And one must becareful in using the Word of God as well in here especially if they enjoy using the Word of God to make a point because remember after all this is God's written Word and we did not write it.

Good Day!:)

P.S. If one does sense in a response a haughty spirit then most times it is best to walk away but most of the time that can prove not to be so easy to do. Why? Because our flesh takes over and pride shows up causing in us the desire to respond back in a way that is not loving, but instead let us be led by the Spirit of Christ instead and then if we do respond we respond in the way of love.:D

Last edited:
I do agree that there are a lot of people who are not interested in hearing a truthful rebuke. Another issue that may play into some situations is that it is sometimes hard to understand the tone of the writer. Sometimes the writer has trouble expressing their views, and other time the reader has trouble putting aside there preconseved notions of what they think the writer is trying to say. I personally try to be very positive when I read someones post, so that my own issues don't cloud my understanding of their points.

I also think the art of discussion is dying. People tend to want others to agree with them instead of agreeing to disagree. By understanding other peoples views it can help us refine or change our own views. Discussion should make us better not cause division.

i think, we just need to pray more that we can understand and be more true to the ToS for this forum. its tuff to do and thats why i stepped back from this area and dont much anymore. i use to like.... ZOMG MUST POST!!!!!! but it just stressed me out more than i needed to be, but overall ya'll are doin ok so far. i mean there havent been any incidents as bad as one cathlic that was here that posted "all prots go to hell" , i actually miss that guy he made some good points here n there but he went to far. but i think we have a good intellegent group here and we just gotta remember how to put stuff in perspective. i think another proplem is the fact we cant "hear" the tone of voice this stuff is written in so we interpret it differently than we might have, otherwise.

i think another proplem is the fact we cant "hear" the tone of voice this stuff is written in so we interpret it differently than we might have, otherwise

That is one of the most difficult things to do online.

Back