Christian Clans Article

example42

I came across an article today on Christian Clans / Guilds. TribForce / The Forgiven isn't mentioned, but it seemed like an interesting article anyway (though in truth I have only skimmed it so far).

Hmmmmm interesting article I suppose. I read enough to make me want to /ignore it, but I applaud my brother's desire to act upon that which he feels called to.

1up.com article said:
pause a moment and consider the following: According to the religious data repository Adherents.com, over 75 percent of U.S. citizens are Christian.

Really? 75% of the U.S. citizenship is Christian? Maybe if they are counting check marks in little boxes on hospital admission forms or something. I think that the only thing that 75% of the U.S. citizenship could claim to have in common is that we think we have too many taxes.

With regard to how Christian gamers reconcile their "non violent" teachings with the obviously violent video games?

1up.com article said:
Men of God's members gravitate toward historically themed games. "It's not so much the emphasis on the violence," says Parker. "It's the emphasis on service in WWII, on honor, and on history-it's a common theme that unites people from different countries." When it comes to other games without a historical or service-oriented theme, however, Parker has strong reservations. "When you do start talking about games like WarCraft or EverQuest, the influences in the game have nothing to do with honor, nothing to do with God, and it would be nice to reach the people who play those games, but those same people play other games [as well].

I'm doomed I tell ya! Not only do I play the wrong video game, (WoW rather than a WWII game), I also don't use the "real Bible" - yep, I use NIV rather than the KJV. Woe is me :(

Back