Characters Disappeared

Waynos

downloaded SWTOR and logged in to find my characters have vanished.
can't figure out where they went and how to get them back

any ideas?

Are you F2P, or did you sub?
They consolidated servers, have you played since they forced server transfers?
They did a "name renewal" thing on Dec 12th, might you have been affected by that? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6921211#edit6921211
I wanted to clear up how the Name Renewal will work to alleviate any concerns that you have. You are obviously a subscriber right now, this means that even if you unsubscribe today, you will be completely unaffected. The reason is that you would then become a preferred status player. Preferred players are completely unaffected as long as they logged in to those specific characters within the last 90 days. Being how the name renewal is next week, that is far less than 90 days

Here are the exact rules for Character Name Renewal:

If you are a Free-to-Play player:
If your character is below level 10, and you have not played that character in the last 60 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
If your character is below level 30, and you have not played that character in the last 120 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
Characters level 30 and above will be unaffected.
If you are a Preferred Status player:
If your character is below level 10, and you have not played that character in the last 90 days, your character will be flagged for rename
If your character is below level 30, and you have not played that character in the last 180 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
Characters level 30 and above will be unaffected.
If you are or become a Subscriber:
You will be unaffected by this
As of right now this is a one time name renewal, so if you are unaffected on the 12th then you will not have to follow these rules unless we do a renewal again at a later date. Of course if we do that we will notify players of it so they can save their names.

Open a ticket and check with customer support. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11

That's what comes to mind right now.

I was always f2p but haven't played for several months
Found this on the main site

What happens to my non-active characters?
Your inactive characters still exist and will not be deleted. You can still see these characters at character select, but they are flagged as inactive and you will not be able to log in to the game on them unless you activate them using an additional character slot unlock purchased from the Cartel Market.
If you become a subscriber, all of your characters will be marked as active and available for play as long as your subscription remains active. If you are a former Subscriber and revert back to Preferred status, you’ll need to select active characters as per your new active character limit as soon as your paid game time has run out.

So looks like they are saying buy activations on characters that were free.
Seems kinda like dirty pool.

Only problem is mine don't even show as flagged...not sure I want to start over either

Last edited:
What they are talking about would be if someone went from sub to preferred. Let's say I let my sub lapse. I would have to choose two active characters of the 10 I have now. The rest will be flagged as inactive. If I wanted to play one of the inactive characters, I would have to re-sub or purchase an additional character slot.

For you, since you've been f2p the whole time, your characters should not be flagged as inactive. I still think you should submit a ticket or post in the customer services forum to see if there is another answer.

Something's definitely not right. Your characters should still be there. Did you accidentally create a new account? Like Kahiel says, you should submit a ticket.

I am preferred and you are right Aleron
I found a scrap of paper with my old login info,tried it and my 2 characters were there.
It reset my ability points so I have to try and remember how I had them.
I'm only lv13 smuggler so luckily I only have 4 points to figure out.
But obviously the first in-game thing I did was a dirty kick to vent my frustration lol

I am preferred and you are right Aleron
I found a scrap of paper with my old login info,tried it and my 2 characters were there.
It reset my ability points so I have to try and remember how I had them.
I'm only lv13 smuggler so luckily I only have 4 points to figure out.
But obviously the first in-game thing I did was a dirty kick to vent my frustration lol

A good place to find building guides and other information for developing your characters. I don't know your play style, they have guides for whatever way you wish to go.

I was going to mention that site too. It's an excellent guide to building out your characters for various styles of play.

Operative (Imp) and Scoundrel (Pub) are my favorite stealthers. Stealthers with heals and a tank companion to start. Mega solo capabilities.

Back