Changes since I was last seen...

Icthus

In an effort to decide if and when I might return....

What is different from when I last played about a year ago with LK?

My priest is level 80.

What would I need to do to prepare for Meatcalysm 2010?

Your signature is out of date now... no more spirit. Everything is calculated into intelligence.

:D

Are you shadow, holy, or disc? cause I can help with shadow and holy :p

Shadow is a ton of fun..rotation is about the same but you dont have to worry about ramping up the 5 stacks of ...shadow weave? whatever that debuff is :p you can now pop your dots, Shadow Word Pain, Devouring, and Vamp....FIEND..yes your fiend is part of your dps roation now so throw it out as soon as your dots are up...your mindflay brings it's cooldown to like 1 min...mind blast then mindflay. You also dont have to worry about clipping your dots. Reapply them near when they're over but dont fret about clipping cause it 'stack's...whatever term you want to use. and yeah mindblast, fiend, and mindflay inbetween that and you should be golden :p hit of course is main priority in stats...then you'll want haste and spellpower. Crit comes with gear so dont worry about that when it comes to gemming and enchanting. Gem for intel but have at least two purified's to count for your meta (believe that's intel/spirit purple gem). Spirit now counts as hit so we have it made when trying to reach our hit cap. reforge haste if you have too much hit. (Bill will add or correct anything I've missed :p)

And yeah...Holy doesnt take much to explain if you ask me :p Once you figure out the Chakra thing it's quite fun :) renew or flash heal are both still my top skills along with pom of course. I actually dont know how to explain healing :p cause i dont know if what i do is right..i just know it works haha.

And disc....bleh. Some are good at it, i dont prefer it, never really tried it...you might want to ask someone else :D

Are you shadow, holy, or disc? cause I can help with shadow and holy :p

Shadow is a ton of fun..rotation is about the same but you dont have to worry about ramping up the 5 stacks of ...shadow weave? whatever that debuff is :p you can now pop your dots, Shadow Word Pain, Devouring, and Vamp....FIEND..yes your fiend is part of your dps roation now so throw it out as soon as your dots are up...your mindflay brings it's cooldown to like 1 min...mind blast then mindflay. You also dont have to worry about clipping your dots. Reapply them near when they're over but dont fret about clipping cause it 'stack's...whatever term you want to use. and yeah mindblast, fiend, and mindflay inbetween that and you should be golden :p hit of course is main priority in stats...then you'll want haste and spellpower. Crit comes with gear so dont worry about that when it comes to gemming and enchanting. Gem for intel but have at least two purified's to count for your meta (believe that's intel/spirit purple gem). Spirit now counts as hit so we have it made when trying to reach our hit cap. reforge haste if you have too much hit. (Bill will add or correct anything I've missed :p)

And yeah...Holy doesnt take much to explain if you ask me :p Once you figure out the Chakra thing it's quite fun :) renew or flash heal are both still my top skills along with pom of course. I actually dont know how to explain healing :p cause i dont know if what i do is right..i just know it works haha.

And disc....bleh. Some are good at it, i dont prefer it, never really tried it...you might want to ask someone else :D

Disc is overpowered, the healing style between Disc and Holy are quite different. When I was still playing I found Holy to be fairly mana ineffecient for some reason but Circle of Healing was quite the cool spell.

I liked Disc because the main spell is Power Word: Shield and it's just either 100% healing or 100% overhealing if you're going too crazy with it, but how I do it I just time my Shield spam right before big AOE and then BAM I get like 3k mana return from Rapture (SO Good!!) and Penance is best single target heal in the game behind Holy Light imo.

It's mostly the 1 pt talents spells that put it over the top for me. Pain Suppression, Penance, and Power Infusion vs Circle of Healing, Guardian Spirit and... Lightwell? lol...

But there are new things in the trees that I haven't tested yet that I'm sure addressed each trees weaknesses.

Or you can just spec Frost Priest, yea totally OP.

Last edited:
I have a lvl 36 disc priest and in BG's i'm untouchable (unless your 2 or 3 rogues with ambush/shadowstep...dumb rogues). Bubble absorbs 700damage, penence hits for 400-500..criting for 800's. Plus the talents behind disc are pretty awesome aswell!

Also specing into making my smite heal a party/raid member within 8 yards of the target for 100% of the damage smite does. I dont even heal the tank....toss up a sheild on him and then start smiting....it will keep him healed even though multipul mobs.

Another thing that is pretty cool is you can spec into evangelicalizm (Or whatever it is) and gain 20% spell damage through 5 stacks for 15 seconds, then once i get 5 stacks, you click archangle and increases your healing by 15% if you ahve a stack of 5. So smite smite smite to 5 points..then archangel if i need the extra healing, and bam...my penence crit for over 1k..andi 'm only 36!!! amazing! HAHA

Last edited:
I love Disco healing. Duel spec'd disco at the moment with a pve disco build and a pvp disco build. Healing 5 mans is so easy right now. It is either holy nova or smite and see how many dps you can beat while occasionally throwing out a shield or renew.

Disc is definately the way to go with pvp or single healing but I was talking from a purely raiding perspective. Raiding with disc is more difficult in my opinion and takes a skilled player to pull it off well. For me i just like seeing my heals rather than knowing i beat people based off an absorb meter.

Oddbob is currently PvE Disc heals and PvP shadow... I love Disc healing! It's so easy even I can do it!

Disc is definately the way to go with pvp or single healing but I was talking from a purely raiding perspective. Raiding with disc is more difficult in my opinion and takes a skilled player to pull it off well. For me i just like seeing my heals rather than knowing i beat people based off an absorb meter.

^____________________________^

Back