Change #1. Server Move

blsimpson

I know when those two words are used together, it doesn't instill happiness, but hopefully this time it will.

In speaking with a lot of the players recently, most of us felt that the WWJD server was not for us anymore. While Bascoms mission is a wonderful one, it doesn't line up with how we want to play the game. I can tell you from experience, that most of my playing time was taken up by policing the freebuild areas, and muting or banning players that came on and were breaking all the rules. (I will say this wasn't required of me, but I felt that it was something that should be done on my part..)

As most of you already know, I currently host a server, and many of you have been playing on it as well. I have made a decision to move ToJ there, for the time being. I have brought up a new world, that is ToJ only, and people have already started building there. As soon as I can, I will be getting the toj.cc address pointed there, but for now, you can connect using mc.mykeiki.com. This may or may not be a temporarry move, until we decide if we want to host our own server once more. The nice thing about having our own world here though, is that if we do decide to move again, the world save can come with us..

I know a lot of you, like myself have spent a lot of time and energy building on the WWJD server, so I will be talking to Bascom to see if I can have access to World Edit, so I can copy off any of the buildings that are requested.

This does in no way mean that you cannot play on the WWJD server as well, as it is open for anyone to play on, I am just trying to bring us all back to one server, and hope this is the first step in accomplishing that. :)

This is a change that is going to happen right away.

I've already started building an underwater welcome city to the South. Hope to see more of you TOJ people now and then.

Well, in keeping with server tradition, I'll have to move in nearby! ;D

HeaderBigTruck.png

(oh look, this truck even has an underwater animal!)

LOL. You didn't LIGHT it Abea?!
I dropped into a underwater city of full of very unwelcome neighbors! :D
Or maybe you INTENDED for it to be a trap... well, you got me!
Now to warp back...
BTW, it says to "use /back" but that command "isn't available" for a peon like me.

sorry to say this is not the best idea things have become more stable on wwjd and i must say i dont think i will make the move i have more wwjd friends then ToJ friends so, ya. and its not a good idea to move until its official, did you even take a vote on it yet?

sorry to say this is not the best idea things have become more stable on wwjd and i must say i dont think i will make the move i have more wwjd friends then ToJ friends so, ya. and its not a good idea to move until its official, did you even take a vote on it yet?

While we do appreciate everyone's input, this was not a decision due to recent events on wwjd. This has been talked about and thought about and prayed about long before you came to find and join us. If you wish to stay on WWJD's server, that's perfectly fine. And our hearts and our prayers will always be with you. And if you ever want to come to or even visit BL's server, that's fine too. Anytime you'd like.

Is the move offical offical? Probably not. But it does look like it's the direction we're going to go, at least to reform, reorganize, and rebuild Tribe of Judah.

Malohaut said it best. :)

This was not a decision taken lightly, and was not made by just me. This has been in discussion for at least the past month, I just have the power now to make it happen. Also, if you re-read my post, you will see that it wasn't fully the downtime issues as to why we are moving..

As was said, both by me, and Malohaut, you will always be welcome on either server.. :)

Last edited:
HAHAH Lost :p No, I just don't have the resources to light it yet. I could use my powers that be, but I'd rather not. Didn't think about all the mobs in there, sorry. Rexul/Soka created the "bubble" for me and then I had to log off.

I'll probably be on for some time tomorrow, so I'll try and get it lite up then.

Will be nice to have you as a neighbor again. :D

I'll probably be on for some time tomorrow, so I'll try and get it lite up then.
Will be nice to have you as a neighbor again. :D

I did light up the area below the entrance (waterfall drop). I also have a little refuge in the corner that anyone is welcome to use as they work down there.
Those who venture in: bring a good supply of wood. There are no trees down there. Who would have guessed the ocean floor was devoid of trees?

Oh, and my wife and I are building a castle, so I don't know if I'll be building underwater anytime soon. But we aren't far! In fact, heading out the South (then climbing) is a good way to get to us. I have to figure out how close we are to the East exit too.

I did light up the area below the entrance (waterfall drop). I also have a little refuge in the corner that anyone is welcome to use as they work down there.
Those who venture in: bring a good supply of wood. There are no trees down there. Who would have guessed the ocean floor was devoid of trees?

Oh, and my wife and I are building a castle, so I don't know if I'll be building underwater anytime soon. But we aren't far! In fact, heading out the South (then climbing) is a good way to get to us. I have to figure out how close we are to the East exit too.

You guys are great! One person is building under water, one is up in the mountians, and I'm taking to the air!

I've already started building an underwater welcome city to the South. Hope to see more of you TOJ people now and then.

(What I should have said, when I discovered you hadn't lit your city...)

I stopped by your city and it was full of monsters, so I torched the place.

WWJD is the only server I've been able to connect to tonight, but I don't really want to play there. Can't get on TOJ for some reason. End of Stream error.

Okay. Yeah. I'm home now and I can't connect. Same error. But when I look at the dynmap, it shows 6 people logged in. It's wierd.

Back