Challenge For you and your family

Waynos

Starting Sunday (tomorrow) at 8pm US Eastern Time on the History Channel
there is a 5 week series on the Bible starting this week

Me and my wife are going to take the challenge and commit to watching every week.

My Weekly Sunday plans are busy but im willing to make the commitment
Sunday School 10am
Church Main Service 11am
Band Practice 2:30pm
Defenders Bible Study on CGA Teamspeak 7pm
Bible Series on History Channel 8pm

Great Challenge anyone willing to take it?

Unfortunately I have the same issue as Ursen. No cable. I really want to see this, so I will most likely pick it up when it comes out on DVD (which is already on presale from the website).

I've got the DVR set to pick it up. Because of my work schedule, I can't commit to watching all 5 as they air. But from what little I've seen, they look really, really cool. I'm going to try to watch episode 1 next Saturday, and maybe watch episode 2 they day it airs.

I've got the DVR set to pick it up. Because of my work schedule, I can't commit to watching all 5 as they air. But from what little I've seen, they look really, really cool. I'm going to try to watch episode 1 next Saturday, and maybe watch episode 2 they day it airs.

the first episode was good...they did leave some things out
but i took into consideration they have to squeeze the bible into 5 weeks.
just glad they are able to do it on public television considering the type of world we live in
where they are trying to take GOD out of everything

I didn't catch the first one, well maybe, my wife accidentally recorded something and it was on Lifetime. My guess it was a a rebroadcast of what was on the history channel or a silent competition of another Bible series. I didn't really like it due to some of the artistic licensing they took with some of the dialogue - on the Lifetime show.

Anyone know whether or not this is available online anywhere? I didn't see it on History.com, so assuming not.

There's already companion books out for the series. my roommates and I are going to get the DVDs when they come out and make a weekend out of it.

So I take it from the enthusiasm I'm seeing in this thread that this series doesn't have the usual liberal academic bias?

I've read some negative comments about how they do take a bit of liberties, but that overall it's still very good.

Probably the #1 complaint I've read is that they glossed over why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

I've read some negative comments about how they do take a bit of liberties, but that overall it's still very good.

Probably the #1 complaint I've read is that they glossed over why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

i agree with you...but im figuring they only have so many episodes to cram the bible in and maybe they had to cut alot out.
good thing we have the real bible without the deleted scenes lol

There is a lot of negative criticism in the general public about this show. I have been blessed to be able to watch each episode so far (dvr) and I know that there are some parts that have director discretion, but if it gets one unsaved person to question their salvation and to dig deeper into Gods word then any criticism of the movie would be like calling us pharisees. This is a tool that we can use to get others who don't really know who Christ was, to show them how he loved us all and came to set us free.

There is a lot of negative criticism in the general public about this show. I have been blessed to be able to watch each episode so far (dvr) and I know that there are some parts that have director discretion, but if it gets one unsaved person to question their salvation and to dig deeper into Gods word then any criticism of the movie would be like calling us pharisees. This is a tool that we can use to get others who don't really know who Christ was, to show them how he loved us all and came to set us free.

AMEN..If nobody tells them about JESUS how will they know they have a choice?

Back