CGA Server Maintenance starting 12/1 at 10 a.m. Eastern

Hescominsoon

CGA\TOJ Hosting Manager
Tek has given my permission to start working on the CGA Server so here goes:

The server that runs the CGA forums needs some major work. I am going to start the process of updating all of the operating system software and the other background applications this upcoming Thursday, Dec 1, 2016 at 10am. If things go well the potential outage will be no more than an hour. However due to the large amount of software updates that are required I am going to be extending the window to Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 7am. If things go REALLY bad we will have to wait on our host to reload the system so we can restore our backup. While I am not anticipating a blowup I wanted to be straightforward with the community and let folks know about the possible worst case scenario.

During this maintenance window the site might be up one minute and down the next as I update software packages and then either restart services or the entire machine. All times are Eastern time BTW. if you ahve any questions you can ctach me on discord or on my twitter handle etc_md.

Tomorrow morning is the big day. if you come on the forums to post or something make a copy of your post in wordpad, word...whatever you use for word processing before you hit submit. If the machine goes offline you might want to have a copy of your post....I am praying for a smooth update...

I am doing the final offiste backup and initiating the update process. If the system is unstable you at least know why..:)

Back