CGA Mumble server

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
The CGA now has a Mumble server!

Connect info:
Server: Cgalliance.org
Port: 64738

REMEMBER: REGISTER WITH THE SERVER! Right click your name, and hit the option entitled "Register with server."

Mumble can be downloaded at http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

At this point, admins will be gradually let in, based upon position in the various affiliates, and rank you currently have in TeamSpeak.

This is not a switch over. At least not yet. We set this up merely to see how much interest there actually is in switching from TeamSpeak to Mumble.

If you have any questions regarding this topic, don't hesitate to PM me.

Any input into this matter can be voiced below.

Discuss.

EDIT: MMO Guild Leadership, if you wish to utilize the Mumble server for guild VOIP, contact me so I can set up expanded channel areas for you! Thank you!

PS. We aren't forcing anyone to switch from anything. Merely seeing if people want to switch. Don't feel you have to use the Mumble server if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Awesome!

I will try to get the Called from Darkness guild (SWTOR) to try it out this next week. If it is stable and smooth then I would think we should consider moving over and have our donations go towards a CGA server vs our current one. Of course Grim will need to chime in on this.

Last edited:
Here's a real-time channel viewer. It's not pretty, but it works.

If anyone's interested in making it prettier, download Mumble PHP Interface and tinker around with the files in the /viewer2 folder.

So, for those of us who haven't heard of Mumble before now, care to enlighten us?

Looks to me like it's a new TeamSpeak-style system. If that's the case, what makes it favorable over TS?

No license fees, open source, zero delay, best quality audio at lowest bandwidth. Highly configurable with neat additions like FPS overlay and User avatars in-game overlay. The sounds is very clean and crisp.

Last edited:
So, for those of us who haven't heard of Mumble before now, care to enlighten us?

Looks to me like it's a new TeamSpeak-style system. If that's the case, what makes it favorable over TS?

Having used Ventrilo, and Teamspeak extensively before using Mumble for the first time in December, I can say that Mumble is by far the best program, in my opinion. Very clear and easy to learn. I really like the non-intrusive and customizable in-game overlay. I hate not knowing who is speaking!

It's our best chance to run One Voice Server To Rule Them All(TM).

I've got it installed but setup was a pain in the ear, literally, hard to set up my mic. Still haven't found our server.

I gave it a shot with Joshinator last night. I just did what ewoks and the screens told me to, and I didn't have any trouble. Sorry to hear you it put up more of a fight for you, ursen.

Anyway, I didn't test overlays at the time. I was, however, streaming my PS3 DCUO gameplay through Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder at the time, a process that pretty well kills my system resources.

Despite this, Mumble worked great so far as I could tell. I'll keep testing, of course, but that's what I've got to report so far.

Blue and I were on last night too. Like you I haven't tried overlays yet, not sure I want to try that just yet while learning the rest of it. I will take a while to memorize the different colored lips for different things. Overall it seems pretty good, I just have one problem with it because of my partial deafness, otherwise it seems ok.

I was on with Orry yesterday while we started the newly updated Winds of Change, and the overlay blocked the compass in Guild Wars. So, after we finished playing I looked at the overlay tab, moved the red dot and brought the names below the compass.. and woot it worked ingame just fine.

It's not as clear in my headphones as Xfire chat is, but it's better than TS3 for sure, IMO.

Will keep testing when get a chance.

Need to sticky this. Didn't know we were switching, so I was by myself in the "old" Mumble server. :eek:

By the way, Called to the Light needs a channel in the SWTOR section.

It'll be nice having one Voice service for all the chapters/games.

By the way, Called to the Light needs a channel in the SWTOR section.

It'll be nice having one Voice service for all the chapters/games.
All requests related to the CGA Mumble Server should be sent to Joshinator, the CGA Mumble Server Operator, via forums PM (or through some other channel if Joshinator prefers); please copy me on the PM.

And yes, it would be wonderful to have one voice chat server "to rule them all."

Back