CGA LAN 2013 in Colorado!

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Hi all!!

Ewoksrule and I are planning a CGA LAN party event in central Colorado for 2013. I know this is late notice; it's something we've thought about and discussed a few times, but just now got around to announcing it.

We're thinking late summer time-frame, but we'll wait to hear more before we announce a set date.

The event will probably be 2-3 days, as that's typically been the case with CGA events.

Thank you!

Please post if you're interested in going and might be able to make it, and also what games you play! The nearest airport is Denver.

My summer schedule is pretty packed. I am thinking I will not be able to make one this year.

But, it sounds like tons of fun!

Will Hello Kitty Adventure Island be a part of the festivities?

Here's an idea: if possible, create a distribution list and wait for a Southwest Airlines sale and then schedule it. Can be as cheap as $100 round trip. I'm actually flying to Denver in a few days for that price...makes it a no-brainer. You can schedule flights out a few months, which should be plenty of time for most people's schedules. Then people who are driving can still drive.

Edit to add: I'll probably make it either way, just let me know.

Last edited:
Actually the nearest Airport is Colorado Springs but Denver will probably have cheaper flights. I think we would consider a long weekend event. Perhaps arrive Thurs night and play Fri/Sat/Sun. Lodging would be provided, would need some frugal amt for foods.

Outside of gaming there is Pike's peak (14k+ feet high) to hike or drive up, Garden of the Gods to walk around in, and Mt Hermon is in my backyard that can be hiked in short time.

I know we have at least 5 CGAers in CO so this will def happen, just need to set the time that the most can make it.

Here's an idea: if possible, create a distribution list and wait for a Southwest Airlines sale and then schedule it. Can be as cheap as $100 round trip. I'm actually flying to Denver in a few days for that price...makes it a no-brainer. You can schedule flights out a few months, which should be plenty of time for most people's schedules. Then people who are driving can still drive.

Great idea! Will get Tebran on that.

Only issue then is the wait...could figure out historically how often they run sales. They tend to have flash 1 to 3 day sales I'd say 3-4 times a year. I figure we can gauge interest and get a way to notify people ahead of time, and then if we get lucky - great.

I'd like to come. The weekend of August 25th does NOT work for me. However, don't schedule around me because those other plans could change.

Maaan~ I'd love to go, but travel from my home to Colorado would be pricey. :(

Regardless, I'm very excited to hear about another CGA LAN party in the works! Please keep us all updated. :)

I calculated about $277.13 in gas for you both ways, and it's *only* an 11 hour drive.

Just do it, man. And bring Elihu!

Back