• I don't need any more e-mail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newsletter?  why bother?

• Never!!

• Total voters

CCGR

Would you be interested in being updated of the newest review, previews and demos?

We will NEVER sell your e-mail addresss or abuse your trust. We hate SPAM.

I think I may have mentioned in a PM to you that I would be intersted in helping with a newsletter. I had mentioned a potential problem might be getting people to sign up twice. Once on CCGR and once for the forums.

the newsletter has nothing to do with the new site. It's just an option for those interested.

I'll have to explain the double log in on the new site, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

A newsletter, hm? I think that's a good idea. Might help to get the word out about the site.

I dunno, Cheryl - I mean if you really WANT to send out a newsletter, that's fine, but I just get all the CCGR news that I need off of the site.

Just my two cents...

Lightsaber activated,
Katarn85

it's not me that wants to but I've been getting requests. So if people want it, it won't take too much time to let them know what's heppening.

Well, I had recently thought of a newsletter too, but it could be more than just a recap of the site updates.  It can include small, extra things not on the site.  A summary of what's been happening over the last few weeks, both inside and outside of CCGR (The big release was Half-Life 2.  It promises to be blah blah blah.  Look for a review soon.).  Perhaps a listing of what reviews are in the works.  And a reviewers pick, CCGR recommends, a link to a Chrisitian game server.

Just some ideas. I'd be willing to help put it together.

I'd be interested in knowing what people are actually requesting.  Is it just a recap of the site?

just a newsletter

I was thinking

latest p/reviews, demos, forum topics, reviews in the works is a good idea.

upcoming Christian titles would be good, will have to round up all the Christian developers I know.

Yeah, that is an awesome idea, I am all for it, and would be willing to help out with it if you needed some help.

-lutikri55

Looks like we have everything we need for doing a newsletter except a banner for the top of them.

Anyone worked a banner up or something?

We could also have a special tips section. Maybe codes to unlock cool extras, but also some general strategies, tips that the reviewers could put up...basically stuff for a featured game each month. That's something that is not available to regular site users, and would add extra incentive to the consumer to sign up for the newsletter. Just a thought.

Tom, maybe you could help with the newsletter, since you have such a good one for your site.
smile.gif

I have a totally unrelated post, sorry for causing any ripples in the forum. I was just wondering why blood or other non-sexual graphic content is involved in the "Christian content", or lack there of, rating of a game. I understand that rediculous amounts of gore are never necessary but in my opinion a game should not be given a lesser Christian rating for being realisic. If someone gets severly injured they will bleed... profusely depending on what happened. Christians bleed too...
(no offense meant at all). The Bible has many stories of horrific things happening to people, believers and otherwise, and Christian history is not exactly guilt free of spilling the blood of non-believers. Why then are games based on the Faith given a poorer rating as Christian games soley on the amount of voilence. Its a fact of life, and apparently a fairly marketable one.

I praise games that give the option of disabling swearing and blood so a younger audience can enjoy them.

Feragoh, I agree. The whole Christian rating can be a somewhat confusing area. Keep in mind, first and foremost, the Christian Perspective section is there to simply give an account of what may be offensive to people. Some people may not be offended by the blood, but others will. We need to relay information in the review so people have a full understanding of the game's content without any surprises.

And although the Christian aspect may skew the result, the reviewer also has a little discretion as well to edge it up the other way a wee bit.

But overall, the reader should read the review to find out the ins and outs of the game. If a game got great gameplay, sound, and graphics, but the Christian Perspective brought it down several percentage points, the reader can look over the possible offensive content to see whether or not they will play the game.

When I review any game, I prefer to refer to the aforementioned section as 'Appropriateness' for a couple reasons.

1) Sometimes a person may not have a problem with blood in a game. That doesn't mean a parent won't have a problem with it, and the fact that it might be on their screen in front of children.

2) Swearing its the same kinda thing. Same with sexually explicit content.
And 'magical' stuff.

3) Saying 'Christian content' may leave a person to believe that we're talking about things in the game that aren't Christian.

I generally think it best to refer to the section as Appropriateness, as this also sets the console reviews apart from the comp game reviews. Still, its all in the reviewer's choice when writing.

thanks and welcome! the newsletter is alive and kicking, feel free to join by clicking on the link on the bottom of www.ccgr.org

Why isn't Tom doing the newsletter anymore?
We also need to have some editorials, and maybe some comments on the site from readers. They could email one of us with the word Comments in the heading.

Back