Cataclysm - personal/guild focus?

Jethiel

So I have a bit of an itch considering what to experience when Cataclysm actually hits. Right now the guild is very top heavy (which I will understand more when I do achieve 80 later today and start experiencing life after xp) but how will the play time be divided amongst yourselves? Obviously people will want the push to level 85 but after reading through some of the comments in the beta invite thread I wonder how many of you will be firing up a new character? I played a different MMO for 4 years and it seemed like whenever a large patch like this would hit we would have a massive influx of new toons running around.

Would people consider doing a 'new toon night'? I know raid schedules take precedence but could this be feasible? It worked great in the other game and group I was involved in as we leveled through the content with a bunch of other people close to you in level. Yes, some will level much faster than others but I don't think it would be that fragmented. I do also realize that some people like to be quite independent in game, and I respect that, but I personally am all about team and playing with people I enjoy being with.

I look forward to seeing pros and cons here - I think it would be fantastic to have most if not all the guild start from the bottom rung and work through the new content together.

I already have the name "Chikenmilker" reserved for this very occasion. As to what class I will make him, not sure yet. Fire away! :D

Christine is going to be making a Worgen Warlock and I will be making a Night Elf Mage (finally!! and when can Night Elves be Warlocks, pretty please???). However, I'm in all likelihood going to be making a push to get at least two of my 80s to 85. That's assuming we end up playing, of course...

Our family will be generating a wave of Worgen druids but given our different schedules, it will be hard to arrange one night as some people will pull ahead of others.

I'll be leveling my mage, dk, and shaman to 85 and then starting a worgen druid. not sure to what level the druid will get but i want to use him to experience the new content from 1-60.

Likely I will be first leveling up my Shaman to 85. I love raiding, and people are going to need healers. :D

However, I fully intend to level up a Worgen Boomkin at some point.

I'm debating between making a worgen druid or warlock to experience the lower levels. I'd also like to get my shaman and mage to 85.

*oomkin generally refers to a Druid of the Balance persuasion.

I also HIGHLY recommend leveling a new toon in Cataclysm just to experience what Blizzard has done with the low level areas. It's quite amazing.

Problem is I am no where near bored of any of the low level areas simply because I am new to the game...now I will have to learn everything over again :) I suppose I could re-roll my lvl 11 druid once Cata hits just for the content and zones.

I am a confirmed altoholic. It has been very painful the past few months as I have desperately been wanting to level a warrior. I will be leveling a Worgen Warrior very soon after go-live for sure. My hunter is traditionally my first to level, and I doubt there will be any difference in this expansion.

My main focus will be to level Sammey to 85. But, i will be making a Worgen Druid. Since all my toons start with "Sam," I'll be naming it Samoyed.

Back