Car Accident

I will pray that the emotional difficulties and any nightmares be light and few.

Stephanie is doing well, and looking forward to moving tomorrow.

The doctors are concerned that Katrhina may have an infection in her lungs. She is on lighter sedation, however, with the hope of bringing her out soon.

My son's temper flares are more frequent than normal, but brief, and I seem to be able to connect with him and talk him down from them. I'm trying to make sure and not get caught up in all the stuff to do and make time to just play and hang out with the kids, which seems to help a lot. Grandma is playing with them a lot, but I can tell they still need some dad time since their mom time is very limited.

Thanks again for your prayers. I look forward to the day this thread disappears among all the old threads.

Our God is great, and salvation belongs to Him.

Good news!

Stephanie has moved to a rehab facility. It's a forty minute ride away, which will be hard for the kids and us because it will limit our visits, but we decided it was better that she get the intensive therapy that will help her heal faster. They already have her working on climbing stairs and learning to use a cane (she's been using a walker up to now).

Kathrina was able to turn her head and make eye contact with her fiance, and a CAT scan indicated that her brain is now normal. They are slowly bringing her out of sedation.

Praise God for the swift healing that is happening in both women. Thank you for your prayers.

I might even take a night off and pop in game after the kids are asleep. :D

Good news!

Stephanie has moved to a rehab facility. It's a forty minute ride away, which will be hard for the kids and us because it will limit our visits, but we decided it was better that she get the intensive therapy that will help her heal faster. They already have her working on climbing stairs and learning to use a cane (she's been using a walker up to now).

Kathrina was able to turn her head and make eye contact with her fiance, and a CAT scan indicated that her brain is now normal. They are slowly bringing her out of sedation.

Praise God for the swift healing that is happening in both women. Thank you for your prayers.

So great to hear!!! GOD is beyond Awesome!!! Will keep you all in prayer GOD bless

Good news!

Praise God! He is faithful.

Continued prayers for recovery for all.

Rehab has been going very well. She's an amazing woman and working very hard with therapy. She is due home on Wednesday morning. Today and tomorrow is going to be a bit tough for her because I went back to work today which means we're not getting out to visit her. She's a very social person, and has been thriving on the visits and having either her mother or me with her there almost around the clock.

I'm praying that this couple of days alone will actually be a time for the Lord to minister to her very personally.

The kids are very excited to have her home.

Kathrina has had some time off the respirator, and they are saying she may be off it for good soon!

Praise to our loving Father, and thank you for your continued prayers.

Rehab has been going very well. She's an amazing woman and working very hard with therapy. She is due home on Wednesday morning. Today and tomorrow is going to be a bit tough for her because I went back to work today which means we're not getting out to visit her. She's a very social person, and has been thriving on the visits and having either her mother or me with her there almost around the clock.

I'm praying that this couple of days alone will actually be a time for the Lord to minister to her very personally.

The kids are very excited to have her home.

Kathrina has had some time off the respirator, and they are saying she may be off it for good soon!

Praise to our loving Father, and thank you for your continued prayers.

Thanks for the update..GOD is good ALL the time!!!!!

Stephanie came home yesterday.

It was a very emotional day. There was joy and celebration, but a lot of hard as well. I think she was looking forward to it so much that she didn't think about it not being the end of the journey yet. She's home, but it's not back to her regular life yet. I think the kids must have had a similar reaction, though their too young to articulate it, because their behavior was all over the place, from crazy affectionate to misbehaving terribly.

I think everyone has recovered some from it this morning and calmed down/settled in a bit.

Stephanie even chose to try doing some dishes. She's very ambitious about her recovery. The medical professionals have to keep cautioning her not to push too far with her rehab and coming off pain medication. :D

God is good.

Kathrina has been up and walked with a walker! She has moved to a rehab facility.

There was a nurse at the hospital that cared for her that told her fiance that all of the prayer was doing as much, or more than the medical professionals caring for her. :D It amazes me that three weeks ago the doctors were very uncertain about her outcome, and now she's walking and out of the hospital! God is so amazing.

Thanks for all of your prayer. Glory to our Lord!

Kathrina has been up and walked with a walker! She has moved to a rehab facility.

There was a nurse at the hospital that cared for her that told her fiance that all of the prayer was doing as much, or more than the medical professionals caring for her. :D It amazes me that three weeks ago the doctors were very uncertain about her outcome, and now she's walking and out of the hospital! God is so amazing.

Thanks for all of your prayer. Glory to our Lord!

GOD is just so awesome..i don't know what else to say
will keep them all in prayer as they take the journey of healing and recovery.
boy what a great testimony of how GOD moves in our lives.

Just wondering how they are doing and if there is any new prayer requests/concerns.
will be glad to pray for any/all their needs

Thanks for checking in. We're in that phase where nothing much seems to change day to day, but Stephanie keeps steadily improving. She is allowed to move around with a cane, now, instead of a walker, and is able to go up and down the stairs without someone as a spotter.

She's dealing with some pain in her shoulder, and would definitely appreciate prayer for that. The doctor says it's not related to her fractured clavicle... possibly a pinched nerve, but they're waiting until the big things like the fractures heal before they try to address it.

The kids seem to be settling back to their normal emotional selves for the most part. My daughter gets a little intense when Stephanie is picked up for physical therapy. They send a vehicle that looks like an ambulance, and we have to assure her it's just a wheelchair transport.

Stephanie's dad is doing well recovering from his heart surgery. He still needs prayer that he receives the Lord. He's a smart man, and uses that as a wall against God. He also has a history of unbiblical Christianity in his family.

We are in the process of looking for a new used car, so we could definitely use prayer for that process.

Thanks again. How's your father-in-law doing?

Back