Can't log-in to new website!

3-dEMON

Hey all,

Zebidiah here. I can't login to the www.tribforceclan.net website. When I try to login from the main page, it takes me to a new page with the following error:

"Cookies must be enabled past this point."

I did have selective cookie handling enabled on both my Firefox and IE browser because I like to pick an choose which cookies get set on my computer, however I disabled this privacy feature to allow for standard cookie handling and I still get the error.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,

Brelan

yup, that should be fine Zeb, I see that window as well. Just type in your username and password from that screen and you should be fine.

Aha, so that is not an error then. I guess what confused me is that I entered my username and pass on the home page, then clicked the login button, at which point I was presented with another login screen.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Brelan

Ok well I signed up yesterday for the new website and after getting my password in the e-mail I went to log on and it wouldn't let me. It just kept saying something about I can't sign in at this time (or something like that...I'm a lil tired so the details are a lil fuzzy at this point :p lol)

I tried a couple of different times yesterday with no luck and I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Hmmm ... What you should see after typing in your username and password is ...

The Forgiven - WoW Guild - Terenas Alliance

You are now logged in!

[ Click here to enter the site. ]

If you are not getting this, could you copy and paste the message you get after you typed in your username and password and pressed ok.

I double checked your registration and its fine so I am wondering if there is a random problem or something more specific. Thanks for helping me debug this.

I always get an error when I log in, but I have found a work a-round. Whenever I enter my name and password and click the submit button, I always get "page can't be found". I then click the refresh button, and it takes me to the page that says 'you are now logged in, click to enter'. Not sure why, but that works for me every time so far:)

Tinie/Angie

whoa, sounds like a cookie problem. Depending on browser, the quick fix would be to wipe out your cookies, if that is not an option, try a shift F5 instead of the refresh button.

Weird ... not sure how to trouble shoot it at this point. Deedlyt you mentioned depending on which login box is used, can you provide specifics? I'll start there.

I have to log in twice to gain access. I will log in on the front page with password and ID and then it takes me to another login page that says in big red letters that cookies must be enabled past this point (which they are). So I log in on this screen and then I am in.

I did some additional testing with FF 1.5, Opera and IE. I am unable to replicate the problem which really bites except for the situation Deedlyt identified but that should not be doing that anymore for the past two weeks Deedlyt. There was a php change I had to make but since then you should never see that. Could I suggest you guys wipe out cookie and password info for

www.theforgiven.net

Opera makes this brain dead simple as does FF but IE just dumps you into Explorer with the Internet Temporary folder selected.

Sad, I am able to replicate it under this situation only. If you are visiting the site for the first time (new browser, new machine, whatever), there will be no cookie created so you will be greeted with "You are now logged out!" At this point, most people will click the url under it to enter the site and then type in your username/password. When you do, you will get the double domain name ...

http://www.theforgiven.net/www.theforgiven.net

Just remove the second part and press enter. I am not sure how to get around this but I have posted to the boys over at Postnuke for some assistance. Thanks for your patience.

Back