Canadian Members...

.se3ker.

I'm just wondering how many Canadian members do we have...and if anyone was interested in getting a get together event in Toronto
smile.gif

edit: can a mod pls move this to cga general forums...i meant to post it there

I'm canadian, but not toj and I'm in van city. But I think I may take a trip to montreal/toronto either next summer or fall (if I get time off).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mechboy @ Nov. 26 2004,7:46)]I'm canadian, but not toj and I'm in van city. But I think I may take a trip to montreal/toronto either next summer or fall (if I get time off).
I am Canadian, located Near Mechboy and Corpfox in Van City (Maple Ridge here), and I have no way to pay for a trip out that way..
sad.gif
I would love to..if it was over here
biggrin.gif
I would even help organize it
smile.gif

I'm...well I'm in Canada, B.C...

I'm an ex-christian clanner, heh.

It would be nice to have a swap meet, just dont have the time and money for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]btw...I am from Calgary

So is TribForce ([7F])...
wow.gif

I mostly thought the Canadians, here were at Ontario, since thats the only place I've heard people are...

...but 2 people in B.C., thats a shocker.

thx gods_peon

i guess if we have ppl from west, we could just settle for a western city...summer would be nice.

you know going to a toj convention is good but lets face it, most of us here in canada cannot make it :/

[b said:
Quote[/b] (.se3ker. @ Nov. 26 2004,10:23)]thx gods_peon

i guess if we have ppl from west, we could just settle for a western city...summer would be nice.

you know going to a toj convention is good but lets face it, most of us here in canada cannot make it :/
True

What kind of event were you thinking about se3k? Whatever it is..put woOt in a suitcase and bring him
rock.gif
A Lan would be cool..we could have worship/food breaks..and maybe do other activities..such as Paintballing :p I've never been..but
smile.gif

If it was a Lan..we could maybe get together and have a lan with 7F..I haven't made it to one of their Lans, but I have heard they are a blast..
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Welcome to Canada, it's the Maple Leaf State.
Canada, oh Canada it's great!
The people are nice and they speak French too.
If you don't like it, man, you sniff glue.
The Great White North, their kilts are plaid,
Hosers take off, it's not half bad.
I want to be where yaks can run free,
Where Royal Mounties can arrest me.
Let's go to Canada, let's leave today,
Canada, oh, Canada, I Sil Vous Plait.
They've got trees, and mooses, and sled dogs,
Lots of lumber, and lumberjacks, and logs!
We all think it's kind of a drag,
That you have to go there to get milk in a bag.
They say "eh?" instead of "what?" or "duh?"
That's the mighty power of Canada.
I want to be where lemmings run into the sea,
Where the marmosets can attack me.
Please, please, explain to me,
How this all has come to be,
We forgot to mention something here.
Did we say that William Shatner is a native citizen?
And Slurpees made from venison,
That's deer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([7F]Pilgrim @ Nov. 26 2004,9:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (.se3ker. @ Nov. 26 2004,10:23)]thx gods_peon

True

What kind of event were you thinking about se3k? Whatever it is..put woOt in a suitcase and bring him
rock.gif
A Lan would be cool..we could have worship/food breaks..and maybe do other activities..such as Paintballing :p I've never been..but
smile.gif

If it was a Lan..we could maybe get together and have a lan with 7F..I haven't made it to one of their Lans, but I have heard they are a blast..
smile.gif
lol woot in a suitcase...

i'm throwing out an idea for someone higher in ranks that is canadian and can get something like this organized ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote
Welcome to Canada, it's the Maple Leaf State.
Canada, oh Canada it's great!
The people are nice and they speak French too.
If you don't like it, man, you sniff glue.

The Great White North, their kilts are plaid,
Hosers take off, it's not half bad.
I want to be where yaks can run free,
Where Royal Mounties can arrest me.
They've got trees, and mooses, and sled dogs,
Lots of lumber, and lumberjacks, and logs!
We all think it's kind of a drag,
That you have to go there to get milk in a bag.
They say "eh?" instead of "what?" or "duh?"
That's the mighty power of Canada.
I want to be where lemmings run into the sea,
Where the marmosets can attack me.
Please, please, explain to me,
How this all has come to be,
We forgot to mention something here.
Did we say that William Shatner is a native citizen?
And Slurpees made from venison,
That's deer.

laugh.gif

Thats the thing for me, I'm French-Canadian, not Canadian-French. I was born in France, Paris.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Nov. 26 2004,11:13)]...but 2 people in B.C., thats a shocker.
Actually, I count four of us in BC: mechboy (Vancouver), [7F]Pilgrim (Maple Ridge), Corpfox, and me (North Van.) I also know some others located in Burnaby and New West, who are currently looking for somebody to join them in a D&D bout, but they're not on this board. I wish this subject had come up earlier: we could have had a joint Christian Fandom/Fans For Christ/CGA party at VCON last year, instead of just CF/FFC. Oh, well, I'll know for this year. (Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a CGA flyer to hand out at VCON this year, or, for that matter, at ConSecration?)

I'm thinking that there are enough of us in B.C. to put some kind of event together, maybe even mount a bid to bring ConSecration here. That would be cool.

God bless,

Greg

se3k..if you are looking for a higher-upper in cga/toj from Canada..I think that would be Gods_Peon..I am not sure how many admins there are in Canada..or what his/her position is..but yeah.
smile.gif
You might want to talk to [7F] Hawk too..

I'm actually from surrey but don't tell anyone, I get to many jokes about it. We were made famous by Hustler. Nothing we should be proud off. But Surrey used to be part of vancouver till it got too big, and more people know van city, compared to vancouver.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm actually from surrey but don't tell anyone, I get to many jokes about it.

If you did live in van city, you would be popular, since thats where most big hit movies take place. Like I, Robot and many many others.
wow.gif

But also, van city is scummy, well mostly in the Chinatown area, err.

They film smallville at central city, thats what they use for luther corp, and most off it is filmed in langley, which is right besides me. But I like chinatown, lots off good food, and I love trying different thing. But yeah I love going downtown and seeing celebrities shopping, I usually don't bother them though since they like their privacy.

But going way off topic, I work oncall sometimes doing parking for Giants games, and I was working VIP parking and I met Naslund, he's a really nice guy but didn't have a pen to get a autograph.

Rizz could be counted as canadian since he's from England and we have the same queen.:)

The founder of CGA is a Canadian from Winnipeg, Manitoba.... oh wait... thats me ;) Could have a central get together in Winnipeg!

Jon

Silly people who pay with fish. I look south across the river in your direction and salute you daily, now you have to figure out where I could be looking south from.
biggrin.gif
I'm about 4ish hours from Toronto and would love to visit there again soon so I might come bring some American awesomeness and throw some large trout which I hear are very valuable over there.
biggrin.gif

if there's a lot of interest then it would be nice too have one of the upper CGA staff member would look into this
smile.gif

Back