Can you play games that are against

Can you play games that are against - your religion?

• YES

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont play any games.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Corpfox

Such as Diablo/2/LoD, fighting satanic demons with paladins,barbarians, etc.

Or Use Map Setting Games on Starcraft/Brood War.
God's Land, Russian Roulette, (some very bad/weird names/games that i cant say here), etc.

By the way, if some dont know, God's Land is offensive to your God, playing as a 'God', sacrifies, etc.
Russian Roulette...well, I assume most of the certain 'people' know that game...sorry.

OH yeah, Heretic and Hexen, that old game was totally BAD! for your religion anyhow.

Also, If u do say "YES", how does that affect you as a 'Christian'?

I would have to say yes, I play Black & White, I played Sacrifice, Doom, Hexen, Heretic, all of them Blood 1 and two, Legacy of a Vampire, Quake ( I know some say quake isn't bad i don't get them).

Well I remember the first time I played Heretic, first "bad" game I played, I was terrefied that
1. my dad would see me playing.(he's like über †)
2. I would have to walk in the dark :p
The game really freaked me out, but as I played a little I soon came to realize, its only a Game, its pixels on pixels who dissepear whenever I push the button on either my console, or my computer...

I draw a line if the game has occult symbols in it I won't play it, why glorify satan?  It just doesn't feel right.  I didn't like Black and White either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Mar. 02 2004,7:31)]I draw a line if the game has occult symbols in it I won't play it, why glorify satan?  It just doesn't feel right.  I didn't like Black and White either.
I agree completely... That's why I made my "No evil" paks, so I could play Quake 3.

Tut! Are we going to have another talk where I point out that it's rude to pretend other peoples religions are invented by the devil, when you have no proof whatsoever that said symbols have ever been used in a negative setting outside your own religion?

I'm with ccgr on this one. I feel eerie about games like the broodwar ums God's land. and satanic symbol games. Doesn't need to be in a game.

James is that game pack public? I often thought that replacing pentagrams with smily faces would be cool. :p

They're just games, but of course, I don't play games that are too bad. Violence isn't a big issue to me, as long as it isn't GTA 3 killing civilians for no good reason type of a game, or it has nudity ( Like BMX:XXX ) I'm fine with it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Tut! Are we going to have another talk where I point out that it's rude to pretend other peoples religions are invented by the devil, when you have no proof whatsoever that said symbols have ever been used in a negative setting outside your own religion?
Well, all religions ( Excluding Christianity and Judaism. ) are indirectly made by Satan. So what if they haven't been used in a bad way outside of our religion? They are used in a bad way in our religion, and that's reason enough for us to stay away from them.

I'm sorry but in witch game do you glorify Satan?
In quake you are out to kill the hellmother, the pentagrms are hers, yet I am aware of that if you step on certian Pentagrams you get 666 armor... som hmm.... *withdrawsargument*

Violence is just as random as the next guy, It dosen't consern me I could probably see more grusome, violent acts just by watching a day on the news than plaing gta3, gataway +++, nude games, sure they were ph0n when I was 13 but I kind a outgrown it.

(out of topic; Why don't you like black n white?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Mar. 02 2004,12:49)]James is that game pack public? I often thought that replacing pentagrams with smily faces would be cool.  :p
Yeah I did the same thing a few years ago. It worked out well until you started getting servers who noticed the modified pk3(because modding the pk3 could be used for cheating) and wouldn't let you join. I haven't played Q3 in about 2 years so I don't know how it is now but it may still work. It's not hard at all. I just made mine black squares. GL.

rhasan

I just didn't feel right having people worship me, but if your creature is evil to do certain miracles, they draw a pentagram on the ground

I'll chime in, I do not mind playing most games as long as I can play the game in a way bring glory to God.

The games I would avoid would be the ones with nudity (I don't see any reason for it in a video game), or with violence being used in a way to promote evil/criminal acts.

actually the creatures dosen't, you do.. If you wanna invoke the best things in the game that is. This is not defence its just info.

My point, Jango, is that when people have been worshipping a God for thousands of years it's kind of irritating that a neo-judaic cult that's only 2K years old calls him the ultimate evil.

I mean, afraid of competition or what?

Sry but call who what now? and competition? naw, ppl are just conserned to get they'r christian view forth, and from that persective, we are right and everyone else are wrong to put it at the point, no matter how rude.

Yes, so many people interested in talking (or declaiming, which is worse) and so few people interested in listening and learning. It's no wonder I know more about your religion than many of its so-called adherents. <Sigh> Let ALONE knowing more about other religions. I always believe that in order to criticise something you need to know what you're talking about. We don't let non-drivers critique the new Honda, do we? We don't let my mother review the latest beat-em-up. I myself seldom write to review the relative performance of various snow-mobiles.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So what if they haven't been used in a bad way outside of our religion?
dude, what are you saying? Is human sacrifice, that so many pegans have practiced, only evil if you hold it up to Christian religion?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes, so many people interested in talking (or declaiming, which is worse) and so few people interested in listening and learning.
I agree with that, where do you fit eon? talking, or learning? I'll admit I'm a talker, but I don't critizise the other talkers.

I like to think I do a bit of both. Since I came here thinking you bunch were a dangerous anachronism that ought to be locked up so that decent and undamaged human beings wouldn't have to rub shoulders with fundie weirdo's, I like to think I've changed my stance quite a bit!

What do you think?

Before I said the Sinner's Prayer (Romans 10:9) and changed my ways, I played games like DOOM, and in the past, Wolfenstein 3D and Quake. Now, I wouldn't play those games. I'm even unsure about Spyro, since he's a dragon, and in the first Spyro game there's a world called Magic Crafters.....

-Yo†a

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eon @ Mar. 05 2004,7:58)]I like to think I do a bit of both. Since I came here thinking you bunch were a dangerous anachronism that ought to be locked up so that decent and undamaged human beings wouldn't have to rub shoulders with fundie weirdo's, I like to think I've changed my stance quite a bit!

What do you think?
Eon even though I usually disagree with you, I do appreciate your post and logical arguments. I think they force alot of us on these boards to become smarter and stronger Christians.

Back