Call of Duty Black Ops

Captain_Tea

Call of Duty Black Ops is looking like my next game purchase. Treyarch will be bringing back the dedicated servers as well! :D

This looked interesting for sure. Looking forward to the trailer reveal soon.

/me peeks into the forum

Dedicated servers wot now?

A CoD game not developed by Infinity Ward?

You have my attention, sir, if not as a gamer than as President of a gaming group. It sounds as though Black Ops may be the game to help bring our Call of Duty chapter out of storage.

A Lot of COD Fans are boycotting after MW 2, But I think Black Ops will be fun and of course Dedicated Servers are a Bonus :p

Another upcoming game on my list is Medal of Honor :)

A Lot of COD Fans are boycotting after MW 2, But I think Black Ops will be fun and of course Dedicated Servers are a Bonus :p

There is no reason to boycott. Treyarch, the developer behind Black Ops, actually made COD, COD3, and COD: World at War. Infinity Ward was only the company to introduce the Modern Warfare series. Thanks to them, now all FPS games will finally be what FPS should be like. I fully support the MW series and the guys behind Infinity Ward (Respawn Entertainment), but I will not boycott the series. Are you kidding?! Black Ops looks AWESOME!!!!!

I pre-ordered my copy of Black Ops for the 360. I'm done with CoD on the PC after IW's mess. I logged on there the other day for 2 games and could not believe how saturated it was with Hackers.

Echelon. I dunno if you've read anything about the new one, but dedicated servers are back. Also because of the difference between a P2P structure, and a dedicated server setup, VAC should actually work. Just saying you may want to re-think which platform to buy on... It seems as though there is more bang for your buck in the PC version :p

There is no reason to boycott. Treyarch, the developer behind Black Ops, actually made COD, COD3, and COD: World at War. Infinity Ward was only the company to introduce the Modern Warfare series. Thanks to them, now all FPS games will finally be what FPS should be like. I fully support the MW series and the guys behind Infinity Ward (Respawn Entertainment), but I will not boycott the series. Are you kidding?! Black Ops looks AWESOME!!!!!

I am well aware of Treyarchs History:p, when I said Many are Boycotting: If you read threads and posts at major CoD Sites many fans are still dissapointed by MW2, I own the entire series and Black ops has been on Pre order since May 01:D, I hope Tek is correct about this one and the Chapter;)

Echelon. I dunno if you've read anything about the new one, but dedicated servers are back.
Yeh, about that...
GAMESERVERS.COM SELECTED AS THE EXCLUSIVE DEDICATED SERVER PROVIDER FOR CALL OF DUTY : BLACK OPS

(Sayreville, NJ, September 2, 2010) GameServers.com, in an exclusive contract with Activision and Treyarch studios, announces that they will offer dedicated server rentals for the upcoming Call of Duty : Black Ops release scheduled for November 9, 2010.

"We are extremely excited about this unprecedented relationship with Activision to offer dedicated servers exclusively for Black Ops", says David Aninowsky, CEO of GameServers.com. "We are placing a great amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure that we exceed any and all expectations."

GameServers.com has expanded its global locations to 18 major cities around the globe outfitted with the latest in server and network technology specifically for the Black Ops title.

"We are thrilled at the opportunity to provide high performance dedicated Call of Duty : Black Ops servers to the world", says Anthony Quon, COO of GameServers.com. "Over the course of the past several months, we have been working rigorously with our partners to ensure that our global network infrastructure can withstand the mounting popularity of Black Ops."
Source: Call of Duty : Black Ops Announcement!

We already have one game server (Battlefield: Bad Company 2) that we won't be able to host on a dedicated server box because of EA's inane rules:
When the Internet exploded after Infinity Ward announced the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 wouldn't support dedicated servers, DICE saw an opportunity to win some populace points by announcing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 absolutely would. A small catch: The only way to host a private dedicated server is to rent one from one of DICE's "authorized hosts,"
Source: DICE Explains Battlefield Bad Company 2 Dedicated Server Rentals

If/when Tribe of Judah has its own dedicated server hardware, I'll resent having to pay additional fees to rent servers that our hardware would be perfectly capable of running.

Not that we needed any more proof, but it's clear that Activision and EA have abandoned PC gamers.

VAC should actually work. Just saying you may want to re-think which platform to buy on... It seems as though there is more bang for your buck in the PC version :p
VAC is, to my knowledge, only used in Valve games.

Last edited:
Yes, I have looked into it for the PC. I am a PC Gamer at heart, but ever since purchasing MW2 for the PC, my interest in buying shooters made by companies other than Valve has diminished completely. A friend of mine put it very simply to me:

"Why would I buy a half butt version of a game and play it on a platform that has 0 support?"

He wasn't that friendly about it, but I didn't agree with him until playing MW2 for 40+ levels. It really is unfortunate, because I have a great gaming PC.

On a positive note though, I have way more RL friends who play on Xbox live. I am looking forward to playing on the 360.

VAC is, to my knowledge, only used in Valve games.

Um.... I believe MW2 used a crap version of VAC. Because black ops servers are dedicated and not P2P, it should be put in better. But ya. Vac is being used in black ops....

My comp is just below the min system requirements for CPU :(. I have an AMD Athlon X2 @ 2.7ghz the minimum is an AMD phenom X3.

I have an extra steam account that i don't use with it if you want to test it. I could also then sell it to you if you want the game for a cheaper price :)

I have an extra steam account that i don't use with it if you want to test it. I could also then sell it to you if you want the game for a cheaper price :)

Sure, that would be great. Then I can see if it works on my system :). PM me with the specifics.

Will do. Just gotta change the PW later on tonight or tomorrow morning. Then i'll pm it to you :)

Will do. Just gotta change the PW later on tonight or tomorrow morning. Then i'll pm it to you :)

Thx :). I let it download over night and fired it up before work this morning. Unless There is a fair amount of adjustment its not looking good for playability. The graphics were very choppy on my aging PC. I'll mess with the settings when I get home, but its not looking good :(.

I'm not going to build a new PC till Unreal Tournament 4 comes out which will most likely be late 2012.

Back