call it a stupid idea but hey what do i know

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
why not limit any player that is 2-1 from using the standard guns in cs basicly it just irks me when i get on and see people going 29-8 or 44-2 using

Ak
M4
AWP
Deagle

ummm is it just me or are there other guns, honestly i been seeing to many toj players that are playing to have a good stat rather than make the server a fun place to be

now call me a tightwade or whatever but honestly glad i dont have admin because i would request them to use another gun 3 times after that either admin slays until they decide to listen, or they are brought down to an even score.

But that is os mean and unfair, meh, life is unfair and honestly i dont play CS to often but i would rather not die to the same guy ever single round using the same gun everysingle round killing either half or all of my team by him/herself.

meh do what you please, but atleast do something.

it is not the indifference of evil men that makes this world an evil place, NO its the indifference of the GOOD MEN who dont do anything.

no. if we enforced glock rounds, ppl would so, they shouldn't be using glocks, make them use knifes!

then we'd enforce knife rounds, and ppl would whine, look they're using knifes. make them stand still, in a single file line.....:laugh:

I think there should be no rules against using only certain guns, call me crazy but its just a game and if we get all mad about it you should go play somewhere else and cool down or join the other team (ask someone to trade). Most of us have enough since that if we are doing REALLY good will trade teams and help out the other team.

deadaim, i am not one to get angry over it, but lately i go into the server just to have fun, and i could care less if i am 0-55, but i realize that there are some people who will have an instant turn off to playing with us if like 1-3 people are like

55-8
44-3
32-1

ect... and why cant these certian people, in or out of TOJ doesnt matter, just lay down the gun for the playablity of everyone else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]then we'd enforce knife rounds, and ppl would whine, look they're using knifes. make them stand still, in a single file line.....:laugh:
*laugh* That's hilarious, but the problem is that he's exactly right. . . people are going to complain no matter what we do. Instituting Glock-only rounds for those who have a 2/1 ratio is only going to anger them and drive them away from our server. CS is an older program, and there are some players who have been CSing for years. Obviously they are going to be vastly better than the new players, and I think n00bs like me just need to understand this as a fact of life. Why should we be allowed to get revenge on them just because they are better than us? Sure, if they were good sports, then they would switch to glock of their own will, but most of them aren't. *shrug* Like I said, that's life. How else are we going to learn to become better players, than by going against someone who is a lot better than us, and learning how he does things?

poeple with a 44-8 are a challeng. without a challenge how can we get better? heck im useally 5-26 but its a challenge thats what makes the game great.

Umm Im gonna have to go with Atown on this one, those people who are 55-3 are there to have the same kinda fun as the people who are 1-4, if people get bothered b/c they are getting owned then they need to find a new game to play b/c the only way they will get better is to play against people better than them.

Honestly, if you plan on limiting awps, the same should apply to auto-snipers and shields. Auto-snipers are worse than awps. You can move and fire. Not to mention the fact that you can no scope anything. Shields are lame as can be when your team is already owning.

see...all this mess is why counter-strike needs a crowbar...and a redeemer...

i've very rarely seen someone not laugh after getting roasted by a 'deemer
biggrin.gif

I'm also with Atown and Dead_Aim.

IS it Goose's fault that he's so good? No, but i know it's not our or others' fault because they aren't as good. However, like Atown said, people like Goose is a challenge. Without challenege we wouldn't be getting any better. I know I learned a lot playing with 1337 peoples like..
Elite, rizz, Kidan, Tasty, Goose, Dead_Aim, etc. They taught me how to aim, 'bout the sensitivity, resolution, and all. I think thats how you learn, by asking questions, and instead of making some dumb rules about, how 'bout practice, try harder, and play better people. and learn their weakness and overcome ur own.

ok flash what if a person has -9 - 65 .... dont ask me how i got that score...

I can certainly see both sides of the debate here, but do keep this in mind: there is something more than a game at stake here. Our server, as I understand, is open to a wide range of skill levels and should make proper accomodations. I'm not saying that we should implement rules for everyone who plays on our server, but I must say that it would impress me if a ToJ member who had gone 30-3 or so would switch to pistols only just to let other players "shine." Remember that this is a pub, not a scrim, and try to keep a balanced viewpoint.

I'll throw in my 2 cents...

Tek7 is exactly right;  The ToJ server is NOT supposed to be just another public cs server.

I believe it should be EVERY players' duty to make sure everyone else is having fun.  If the good players on the server are owning everyone, you should feel obliged to put down your weapon and take up a less powerful one.  There should be no AMX plugin to do that for people.  We as christians should AUTOMATICALLY be thinking of everyone ELSES best interest.

My point: How are we do define greatness? Why is someone a great player? Is it because his kill:death ratio is consistently 5:1? Is it because he has practiced for so long that he gets nothing but headshots? Or is it greatness to know you are good, but to make the people around you better?

Back