Bush's higher calling

Not quite. The American way being the people: the peope are a confused, rioting mass. They know not what they do, and they mill about, no different from cows. What those in power (i.e. celebrities har dee freaking har) tell them, they latch on to and lap up every last drop of it.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong: that's people. That's not a person. A person is his own individual mind. Every PERSON scoffs at what the celebrity has to comment on the war, and how to avoid it. The people, however, look up to them as if they were Christ speaking.
Perhaps a line from Men in Black would clear this up: "A person is smart. People are dumb."
The American way is the vague belief in everything that is told them. I believe I've offered this advice before, and I'll offer it again: read the following: 1984, Brave New World, Animal Farm, Fahrenheit 451, and Amusing Ourselves to Death. They might open your mind as they have helped me to think differently.
America wouldn't go to a war for the heck of it. But the people would. They would take onto whatever news they are given and would distort it to support and sanctify themselves in any manner.
Vassago commented on something that occurred in his class, and I've heard it as well in my own, and elsewhere, around and about, from people's mouths and people's hands. That's the American way: to react in the completely most negative manner possible to anything foreign or alien to them, and to spread that fear like bugs spread a warning message to the colony. To mistrust whatever comes near them. To spite the new kid, and shun anything that tries to be reasonable with them.
We need to fight to gain tolerance, and only tolerance, nothing more. A few decades later some slight trust will enter into our daily conversations, and a hundred years later, relationships will blossom.
And if America is indeed defeated, then the people rally together and point fingers and call names.
Such is the American way.
And America's not the only one...but it's the biggest one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not tolerate that I don't support a particular issue; hmm, yeah that sounds like democracy. If I am the, public elected, president of a particular country I will make decisions based on the wellfare of my citizens, and not based on what Bush tolerates or not. Look at all the France bashing now. Man, so much to write and explain... do you know how many arabs live in France? Chirac's decisions were based on what he and his people belived in, does that make it wrong?

I'm sorry, but terrorists are garbage and the US has full right to take out the trash!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Churchil (sp?) once said something like this: I disagree with everything that you say, but I will fight for your right to say it.

Churchill didn't say that. That quote came from a person LONG before Churchill was alive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't tell that because you have the world's largest economy and arsenal of weapons, you have the right to bully me. Other countries have the right to express what they believe in.

But the line is drawn when it comes to crashing planes into buildings and just generally terrorising innocent people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why is this scary? Do you recall the videos that were shown on CNN and such, only a few days after Sept. 11? The ones showing footage from several arabic countries, and people celebrating on the streets, and cheering on, happy because thousands of americans had died? We couldn't even believe it? How can someone/anyone cheer the deaths of innocent people? How barbaric is that? How can they be like this? Think and behave like this? It is insane!

I never said "shoot them all". I love Iraqis, but Saddam Houssein and other terrorists have to be stopped for THEIR sake!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hmm, is that behavior so different than that of my students? What has happend to our country? How can it be that "regular" people in the US can now, with a smile on their face, say "let's commit genocide"? Have your read The Wave by Ron Jones, or seen the movie? That is what scares me, that that is becoming reality, only the classroom/highschool is changed for the whole country, and Jones changed to Bush. Scary! All I can say is that I hope that I am wrong! And I pray that I am wrong.

You're accusing President Bush of promoting genocide? Saddam Houssein killed 2 million people! No, I have not seen this film, but I'm making the assumption that this is what it is about, so if I'm wrong please correct me.

And you didn't respond to my oil arguments by the way. Do you have anything to say about those?

I was pretty certain that Churchill had said that, but I may be wrong, in which case I stand corrected.

You must realize that today we live in a global society, and thus, whenever possible, decision should be made on an international level. Every one countrie's action affect many other countries.

So we now draw that line and set that example for the rest of the world. And, now we can all kill eachother. I would much rather see diplomatic resolutions.

Blah blah.. seriously tired of playing "he said, she said". My whole point, Tom, is that I just do not understand why you want war so bad. Why you trust every word that Bush says. All "pro-war" people jump at the mere notion of any MDW's findings, yet so far every time they have said that they find something, a few days later it is found that it was pestiside or something. I wish people were more critical and analytical; don't just take someone's word.

I have said so many time, I support our military, the guys and gals that out there fighting for freedom. It is their duty to follow the orders of the commanding chief, no questions asked. However, we, the people back here at home have the luxury to evalute things. And, my friend, is that I am trying to say that we should do. Research, analyze, evaluate the actions of our leaders. Do not always follow blindly.

Vass

In that case, let's screw God and not follow him. In fact, let's get all the Bibles together and burn them.
? No. We won't do that. We follow God blindly. The only way we can. We have the Word, we have the world, too. We have ourselves, but the only way you can believe in God, and follow him, is on blind faith alone. You can see actions and miracles and whatnot all around you. BUT you don't have to believe them. If you do, it's a belief: faith for you. The only way you can follow God.
The only way you can follow a government. Sure, you see the results of what the government, and even what God, does. But you don't see THEM. Bush is there, sure. But does he represent something, or does he actually do things? Both.

Bush led us to war. Props to him. God led the Israelites to war. Props to Him. Are they gonna turn their backs on God for doing that to them, contrary to what some people (refrain from saying "pansies") felt about going to war? Bush felt this war was right. I felt this war was right. If I had been able to contemplate such actions back in the time of our original conflicts with Saddam, then I would have probably supported the former Bush, then, too. What happened, happened. Nothing we can do to change that. We can poked fun at, or supported by friends or whatnot. But that's it.
What would you prefer to have done Vassago? Sit around and wait for Saddam to attack us? Wait for the first strike? Cuba was fully armed, and capable of wasting the state of Washington with their missiles. Kennedy dealt with it, and I'm sure we had protests back then, too.

Here's a line that will go down in history (okay, maybe not):
Everyone's gotta whine if what their leader did was wrong, in their eyes. Then they die. Then later on, people will whine about why didn't he move faster.
It's totally true. They're not satisfied with ANYTHING the leader does. Then, when it's taken from them, or something tragic happens, they get all whined up. WTC occurs. Big whoop, right? Only 3000 or so. That's beans compared to history. There was NO reason to get so upset about it, except that it happened on America's very own ground. So, everyone applauds Bush when he starts dealing with the terrorists, and the traitors. BUT, when we go straight to the source, everyone turns around, and forgets about WTC. Why? They're stupid. People are stupid. Completely. They're like brats. Take something they're not playing with, and they'll immediately want it back.

SO. Bush did his own thing, and everyone's upset. Would you rather Al Gore be up there making the choices? We'd still be rummaging around the rubble of WTC...or we'd all be dead by now. Be glad you got Bush up for us (I'm not saying you're not Vassago). This war was necessary. Words failed this time. EVEN now, when we've begun the ending stages of liberating freaking Iraq, they turn around and tell us to get out. You know what I would do if I were leader? I would take a gun over there and shoot every stinking one of the leaders who said that to my face. How DARE they? They have NO right to do that to us. WE freed them. If not for us, they'd be dead. And good riddance, too, if they're going to treat us this way. I say, be racist. Segregate them again. Don't let Iraqis enter America. Be cruel. Be mean. If they will treat their helpers this way, they deserve whatever Saddam had in his lair set up for them. Let them go crawling back to the ugly punk. Who cares? That's what I think, but is that going to happen? Nope. Because Bush is too cool to do let that happen, and too smart. I ain't.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You must realize that today we live in a global society, and thus, whenever possible, decision should be made on an international level.  Every one countrie's action affect many other countries.

Too bad terrorists don't follow the same guidelines.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Blah blah..  seriously tired of playing "he said, she said".  My whole point, Tom, is that I just do not understand why you want war so bad.  Why you trust every word that Bush says.  All "pro-war" people jump at the mere notion of any MDW's findings, yet so far every time they have said that they find something, a few days later it is found that it was pestiside or something.  I wish people were more critical and analytical; don't just take someone's word.

I'm not pro-war, no one is pro-war.  I'm anti-dictator, anti-human rights violations, and anti-psycotic leadership.  Furthermore, I think that the UN needs to have some teeth when it comes to enforcing their resolutions and ceasefires.  Saddam Houssein did not abide by the conditions he agreed to, and it is known that he has killed about 2 million people.  I have pictures of dead children lying with their mothers after a chemical attack from Saddam Houssein if you want to see them, as well as pictures of bloody and dismembered people from Saddam's torture chambers.  Kind of makes you wonder if it's a good idea to leave someone like that in power.

If President Bush and Colin Powell believe that Saddam Houssein is a threat to the United States, than I think we might have to trust them.  I wasn't sold on the war issue for a while, but the shockingly stupid arguments that were coming from the anti-war side left me on the fence for a very long time.  Does Iraq have WMDs?  Likely so, but they were screwing the inspectors around long enough that they were able to either hide or destroy their stock.  One of the inspectors from the pre-1998 crew said that they would be delayed often for three hours when they showed up at a site and would watch trucks leaving out the back door.  If Iraq had no WMDs, than they also had no need to equip their soldiers with anti-chemical suits and antidotes.

And remember, there was a lot of opposition to going to war with Adolf Hitler as well.  The USA was delayed for a while because the American people did not want to get involved in a European war. Saddam might not have the technology and military might Hitler had, but it's something to think about.

Back