Building a Healer

Kendrik

Staff member
For tonight's Aftershock runs, I'm putting together my healer, Aegis. Character-wise... he's in need of work. Build-wise... well... I'm making progress. Gotta get to level 11 before tonight so I can, y'know, heal. Shouldn't be hard, though. Already at level seven, and speed leveling in Canadaland ain't too bad.

I'm a bit torn on which healing power to take, though. The guide I read recommends Empathic Healing over Psyonic Healing. The lack of charge time before casting being the biggest pull imo. However, instant healing (rather than healing over time) and AoE bubble around the target for added heal makes Psionic sound desirable.

Any advice from you guys who are more system/Wiki adept than I?

Looks like I may have misread this. It's a charge move... and it takes three seconds for a full charge, but I can tap heal (though that'd be a tiny bit of health healed) or heal at any point along the way. Empathic Healing is up to five seconds of maintained healing, does more healing right away, and in the long run, but takes longer to get there; it also comes with a shorter range (50ft) and lack of chance for healing others standing near my target.

I'm actually leaning toward Psionic now.

Hit level 11 a couple hours ago. I'm just holdin' off until playing later to make my decision. I suppose it's not /that/ expensive to unlearn one power, so I could play around with one tonight and change it afterward if I don't like it.

Empathic is a beast, easily one of the best healing skills in the game. Sure the other has range, put you can heal and move yourself with the skill, and it ticks pretty quickly when used on others. Make sure to rank up your defensive passive (AoRP) for solid damage reduction and even Ego Sprites for sick AOE DPS (once you get Ego Sleep, you can mezz the group and hit them with the Sprites without them attacking at all).

Cuz I'm F2P... I don't know that I can access all that. :p

Will be going with Empathic. I'm sold.

Just maxed out my AoRP, by the way. Just tryna decide on whether or not to pick up the Mystic Rune or whatever bonus. :p

Edit: Runic Glow. Sounds cool. I'ma do it. :p

Last edited:
Back