Build-your-own-maps

Wirl

on to something new...
Hey anyone out there in ToJ or CGA land ever played with building your own maps?
I want to tinker with this and try my own hand at it. Only problem I have no technical background & I am a newb on understanding computer language.
If anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate it.
Love Ya'll

AND MAY THE GOD OF ALL, AND CREATOR OF ALL BE PRAISED!!!
laugh.gif

yea set prerimiter to blah blahblah to blahdilly blah blah blah, oh and dont forget the pixelblah blah set to 150 mega blah blah to blah

I never mapped in CS but after a quick look this appears to be a program you might need:

http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=hammer

If you're interested in mapping for CS:Source, Hammer v.4 is part of the Source SDK. The link above is v.3.4 and I assume it's for CS 1.6.

Edit: The above URL didn't work for me today, but you can get Hammer 3.5 at FilePlanet
Just search for "Hammer". It was at the top of the search for me.

Eh...good luck with that. Every 3d modelling/mapping program I used make my eyes water and my head pound. There's always some weird round-about way of doing things in mapping that I never could figure out, and few tutorials that could make it obvious.

I am sorry to say Pastor doing a map will take you about a month to make from scratch it is extremely hard that is why i quit when i was about to make one...sorry but not a good idea...

I made a map.. I used worldcraft.. This was a long while ago though and it may be different fro newer versions of CS. What you need is to find a play with a load of PREFABS.. these are prebuilt cs/hl objects that you can just put right into your map. Will make it a lot easier. Theres also some good tutorials about for worldcraft that will give you a better idea of 3d mapmaking.

I'm not sure but I think worldcraft is the old name for valve's mapping program and Hammer is the new name.

Rizz,
Can you point me in the direction of those "prefab"s. I'd love ya hole bunches for it.
laugh.gif

Ura,
I've got Hammer. I just wish it would help with my game (hehehehehehe hahahahahaha ROFL)
anyways......
biggrin.gif

My dad Can read Computer language.
I can too a lil but not that much, my dad is teaching me how to read it and wright it too.

if u need help with it i'll haller at him/"ask" him for u. lol
if u need eney help u know how to reach me. iam me on yahoo messenger at suger_daddy_cool_mint or justin.pang@sbcglobal.net and you can e-mail me at the same e-mail address.

Back