BOOM!

mist_01

Get This!

Ok, i was rollerblading home from work and I happen to look towards West. Suddenly right where i was looking a huge explosion goes off. I was only 2 blocks away at the time! The flames were 100ft in the air from the first blast. THere were several following explosions. Since i was on rollerblades i was one of the first people on the scene. Later a half mile was evacuated and we had to leave our houses. Apparently there was a truck full of ethonal loading from a train of ethonal blend. The truck exploded. Thankfully the train did not go up. Anyway, it was really cool because i was one of the few people near the site. Thankfully only one person was hurt, but pray for him, 80% of his skin is burned.

i do like me some big BOOMS! will pray for the guy, that cant be fun. I think burning or drowning would be the worst way to die...

We talked to one of the people who was in charge of examining the scene later and he said that if one of the train cars had gone, all of them would go and a 1 mile radius of town would have been destroyed (this was in the middle of downtown). Yeah, we are very glad that didn't happen.

That almost happened in Kansas City a few months ago! A chemicals plant downtown blew up (it was crazy; haze was EVERYWHERE) and there was a train exactly like that right next door except it wasn't going around downtown; it was going away from it into rural lands. To be honest, I secretly wanted it to blow up just cause that would look sooooo cool (<-- VGs make me violent...). Maybe someone'll put it in a movie!! :p

-Chadley

Have you heard any updates on the guy with the burns? 80% burns on his body is very, very bad...

Just wondered if it had been in the news.

The guy died 2 days ago. There never was really much change that he would servive apart from God's intervention. Otherwise no one else was hurt.

:(. Well, hopefully now hes in someplace MUCH MUCH better than here

Back