Blue Screen... :(

XionTawa

Ever since I installed Windows 7 about a month ago, I have gotten about 4 to 5 BSODs... :(

I wasn't concerned but they seem to be getting more frequent...but after the restart my computer works just fine...

The codes (can't find ANY info on them)

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8B7D0B72
BCP3: ABC937FC
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Can anyone help me? :(

EDIT: I am assuming it is something with my RAM...but i don't know... :p

Last edited:
Sounds like there is something not compatible with Windows 7 - but it seems that if it were RAM that it would happen every time.

There should be more info on the bluescreen. Like a faulting module (somethingsomething.sys)? Can you post more?

Nope...the blue screen comes up for less than five seconds...it takes that long to do a memory dump...then restarts...that is all the info I can get...and like I said, I have only seen it like once a week...but it happened twice in the last 5 days...

EDIT: Every bit of hardware in my machine is less than 2 years old...and I ran the RC without any issues for 6 months...so I don't think 7 compatibility is the issue...

EDIT 2: I guess it might help to list some specs...

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB

Maybe having over 4GBs of total RAM in 32-bit...maybe?

Last edited:
when do the BSODs happen? Is it just after startup or seemingly 'random'?
If it isn't just after startup does it happen when you are loading/running a specific program or service?

Once you restart your computer after it happens you can go to the Event Viewer (right-click on Computer in the start menu and select manage) and select the windows logs drop down, and then the System. *usually* you can find an/the error message in there (ignore the ones called information and look for the ones that say warning or error) for specific details.

can you post or attach your mini dump please? We can figure it out quick then.
You can find your minidumps in the following directory. C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension.

Last edited:
I would lean more towards bad RAM, or maybe a failing hard drive, but my first thought is the RAM. There are a few free RAM checking utilities out there you can find that will run various test patterns. I would try one of these first, and maybe a good ol' scandisk(also if your bios supports SMART, make sure that's enabled).

I recommend unplugging all hardware (printers, external drives, etc.) that is not needed for the computer to function. Try running this way for a while. and see if you continue to get the BSOD.

when do the BSODs happen? Is it just after startup or seemingly 'random'?
If it isn't just after startup does it happen when you are loading/running a specific program or service?

Once you restart your computer after it happens you can go to the Event Viewer (right-click on Computer in the start menu and select manage) and select the windows logs drop down, and then the System. *usually* you can find an/the error message in there (ignore the ones called information and look for the ones that say warning or error) for specific details.

It is intermittent...or random...and has happened soon after startup and after my computer has been on for days...

can you post or attach your mini dump please? We can figure it out quick then.
You can find your minidumps in the following directory. C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension.

Sure... http://xtsp.zssites.net/junk/091310-15116-01.dmp

I did...the beginning code is used for a wide varieties of issues... Also...all of my drivers are up to date and correct...not sure about my BIOS...haven't checked that since the Win7 install...but why would a BIOS problem kick in long hours after my system has been running...

EDIT: AHHH! ...well I was only having it roughly once a week...just had it again...that is twice in 24 hours... :p ...slightly different error codes this time...I will post the .dmp here in the morning if I remember... :p

Last edited:
A few things to try...
* Run chkdsk on the hard drive and tell it to automatically fix problems/bad sectors
* If the problem is RAM, you might be able to isolate it by running on one stick at a time. This would be easier if things were a bit more frequent, but it seems like it's getting frequent enough.

Failing hardware tends to act like this...with the "hey I'm getting it every now and then" to "holy cow it's happening all the time".

This is the best thing I have seen today. :eek:

Now I'll have to trigger a GSOD just to enjoy my altering of system settings.

I happen to think the magenta screen of death is quite lovely.

Last edited:
check this for now, getting too late but I will follow up tomorrow.
http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1875-tdx-sys-causing-bsod-fixed.html

My network adapter is not Broadcom...

A few things to try...
* Run chkdsk on the hard drive and tell it to automatically fix problems/bad sectors
* If the problem is RAM, you might be able to isolate it by running on one stick at a time. This would be easier if things were a bit more frequent, but it seems like it's getting frequent enough.

Failing hardware tends to act like this...with the "hey I'm getting it every now and then" to "holy cow it's happening all the time".

I hope it is not my HDD or RAM, they are quite new...I will run chkdsk, but I doubt it is my HDD...if anything I suspect my RAM...or possibly my Video Card...it is about 1.5 years old (the oldest part of my computer), not only do I game often, but I have had it overclocked this whole time...

I hope it is not my HDD or RAM, they are quite new...I will run chkdsk, but I doubt it is my HDD...if anything I suspect my RAM...or possibly my Video Card...it is about 1.5 years old (the oldest part of my computer), not only do I game often, but I have had it overclocked this whole time...

Typically when hardware fails, it's within the first 6 months. QA is far to expensive for most hardware to have a super low fail rate; it's much more cost effective to just handle RMAs. The new PS3 hard drive I bought only went 3 months before it started clicking out, but they'll gladly replace it under the 3yr warranty.

Nvidia video in a laptop. There's been a rash of mobile and desktop gpu failures that nvidia just got done settling a class action lawsuit over and your chipset is one of many chipset lines covered. I'm leaning heavily towards video chipset failure..especially since it only starts after the machine has been on for a bit..which is the main symptom of this defect.
http://www.semiaccurate.com/search/?q=bumpgate

I had folks on here and several other places scorn me...My sources are reliable...they may not be mainstream but they are reliable. Scroll through the articles and you'll see this has been going on for quite some time all the way through the 8xx series at least and possibly some 9xx parts(because they are simply rebadged 8xx parts).

Back