Blubarry and Fiance Prayer request! (also a Pic of Blu and his Future Wife!!)

BluBarry

Hey Guys!

I am sure a lot of you have heard that I am getting married this October! Praise the Lord!

Well, My fiance Rebecca and I are... well... overweight. It is a struggle for so many people and it is for us as well.

We have both been wanting to lose weight for a very long time, but we both lack the willpower to make this happen.

I am not interested in fad diets, but just eating healthier and working out/cardio more...

I am concerned for my health and that of my fiance, I am 6'8 and weigh about 340lbs... (Thats Shaq weight... yikes) I will not dare to mention her weight but it is also on the less than healthy side for our hearts.

I need some serious support. I need people to hold me accountable and I am serious. Please, help by praying, talking, and encouraging me. I will be keeping this thread bumped for a long time.

I am also going to keep a running tab of my weight from week to week so I can hold myself accountable :) hehe... I just went to the gym today and as of today I weigh 340lbs. Lets see if I can lose some weight this week.

I am more concerned with losing inches.. I have a very big frame anyway so i will always weigh alot.. heh... anyway... Here is a pic of me and my fiance, lets all watch me get thinner!

BeckyNathan29.jpg

Last edited:
well, fwiw...and if it's within your budget, you may want to look at one of the medically supervised deals. it's "traditional" in the sense that it's about cutting calories and bumping up excercise, but they often start off with an aggressive cut in calories managed by appetite surppresants. they're pretty strict, but worth it...one of my wife's friends has lost upwards of 60 or 70 lbs for her wedding (literally wouldn't think she's the same person) and i went on it for a bit to drop some excess poundage and it worked for me as well...even through the holidays.

best of all, they give you charts every week so you can see how well or poorly you did :) so much like WoW, you can min/max (ha ha) your weight optimization ;)

Blue I have heard an enormous amount of good things about acia. One shot a day of pure juice is all you need to help flush out all the bad toxins in your body which is helping keeping the weight on. I to have been a bit overweight for a couple years now, and a friend wanted me to try it a couple months ago.

I have lost about 25 lbs in 2 months taking just on shot a day, and taking brisk walks, which the both of you can do together and is fun!

Maybe this is something you should concider.

...particularly when she's pregnant.

comments like "hi big belly" aren't cute even when there's a baby inside.

you've been warned.

no comment.

and that's because if i did, i'm sure she could tell even though she's 40 miles away at work and would find a way to electrocute me through my keyboard

LoL! Good advice!~ thanks!

I am a bit of a smartbutt, so I will have to be VERY careful when she gets preggers... :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Expectant mothers are some of the most beautiful people in the world! Why anyone would wanna make a smart remark is beyond me. I personally lost 3 inches of height for doing so. Do not - I warn you. Change your philosphy. Really - they are beautiful.

I will support ya'll in prayer and therefore expect you to continue to uphold your end and respect my efforts. (How's that for holding you accountable?)

Nevi:no comment.

and that's because if i did, i'm sure she could tell even though she's 40 miles away at work and would find a way to electrocute me through my keyboard

haha!

He I found a link to this in my email... Check it out. It is Mandisa's Tangle page. On it are a couple of videos about her journey through food addiction. She had a real problem it would seem. Also, it previews her new album. You remember Mandisa from American Idol? What a voice this girl has and she want's her talent to reflect God's love. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.tangle.com/Mandisa

Go Go NATE!
something that has worked well for my family is the Superfoods diet. it advocates alot of healthy vegies and beans and such.
More than that tho you can email me once in a while I will pray, encourage, support you and your endeavor.
Keep up the work Broski!
lotsa love
Steve

Recently there is a fedral investigation into Acia.. might want to be very careful of that.

You two have something beautiful planned and if you are able to loose weight and she is not seeking it or interested, it might make her feel insecure come wedding time. Make sure you are supportive of everything you two have and do together. Even if you are over weight, your wedding is a special time. If you choose to loose weight, even if it's after the wedding, you know you are growing in God's love and each other. You have a very beautiful lady, over weight or not, and you were lucky enough to recognize it in her. Build her up, make her confident and enjoy a beautiful person. Underneath all of us over weight ladies, we wish we weren't and sometimes small things said or unsaid can make us feel insecure. Especially with the media promoting outside beauty all the time. I was very offended at the new Oil of Ole' commercial when they stated that outer beauty is more important than inner beauty.

In my studies of food and health, I've found the biggest problem our country has is sugar, in all forms, whether diet or non diet. We drink High Fructose Corn Syrup on all our soda pops and there was not enough long term studies done on it. Even eating the artificial sugars creates cravings for sugars and can feed things like candida/yeast infections which are being studied more and more.

If you are health conscious, just cutting out sugar in your diet as a start might take you far. It's very, very hard in our typical American 'I deserve that' frame of mind and seeing all that good stuff on TV, like milk shakes etc, but more and more studies are finding that sugars are contributing to many diseases.

Your wedding day approaches, you both are beautiful, take one day at a time and if your making healthy choices is a part of those one day decisions, more power to you and give God thanks and praise always.

Hi Nate,

That's an awesome decision that you have made. My wife, Angie, and I made the same decision last year. Everyone has given awesome advice and I know it will help y'all on your journey to a beautiful future that God is building! It's so true that your fiancee also agrees with the journey and that y'all would take it together!

Angie and I greatly believe in Body-For-Life. I encourage you to by the book, it specifically addresses what you're worried about. No dieting, but a change in the way of life. Proper understanding of eating, exercise and cardio habits. Portions and frequency are crucial to nutritional balance and training our bodies back into a healthier eating pattern.

I encourage you to read the book, the success stories and challenges, b/c everyone will run into them, are very uplifting! I don't know if Bill Phillips (author) is a Christian, but we, being Christians, saw biblical references in the book and it made us wonder :eek:) I know we bought the book @ Target for like $9.99 or $14.99? I forget the exact price but it's worth it! I know at first, being an active/athletic person, struggled with the principles/approach, but when adhered to, I got results like I had never seen! And I enjoyed cardio, something I dreaded in the past.

My wife Angie was never an active/athletic person, more b/c she was shy and didnt feel coordinated, but with Body For Life, she has gained amazing confidence, is not afraid of the gym and weights, and is very proud b/c she can jog/run with proper form!

Now for the disclaimer: we sorta fell off our routine around Christmas time b/c we travelled to two weddings and family food is sooooo goood hehhehe, but we are ready to start again, and we are both 100% certain that BFL is our solution!

Now that you're thoroughly convinced i'm a spokesperson for BFL and am probably getting some form of royalty hehehhe... let me know your thoughts!

Love y'all & God bless!!

Hey Punki!!

I already own that book! I bought it 2 years ago actually and i just never really got into it! It came highly recommended by a friend who is a personal trainer.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support! It is needed. It seems like such asimple thing to eat better and move more but laziness and gluttony is a sin and addiction, a very hard one to get out of your life. But Praise God because "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

God will uphold me and my goals because i am not doing this to look better, i am doing this to make the temple that is my body stronger and I am trying to enjoy my long life on this earth.

I will keep everyone up to date....

So far I am starting with cardio on an eliptical machine. I do a little more than a mile a day, next week i will up it by .5 miles, and then repeat that every week until i am up to about 5 or 6 miles a day.

Also am doing some light weights for toning. I have a lot of muscle already, it is just covered by layers of fluff... so i am working on all fronts to trim down.

New prayer request!!!! I need some prayers that I can avoid eating at night before bed! I am always soooo hungry... i just need to eat more filling foods for dinner and then drink a lot of water!

Thanks everyone!! God Bless!

have a tablespoon of pb or turkey...pb will often fill you up, but is obviously high fat. turkey is very low cal and fat and makes you sleep every last (i think??) thursday of november.

and lots and lots of water :) hard to be hungry when your stomach is full of water.

Back