Bloodline Champions?

Watched the BFF report on it only. Looks pretty fun but I don't see anything there that would make me want to play it over LoL. In fact the extreme skill needed to play makes me appreciate the RNG factor that most LoL toons have.

High skill ceiling + strategy + free-to-play + online community + DOTA clone = no thanks. Not my thing.

It sounds like it could be a lot of fun for people who enjoy that style of game, though. For me, both HoN and LoL were meh at best. For others, LoL is currently their free-to-play game of choice.

It all comes down to preference, so I'd recommend anyone who liked DOTA check out Bloodline Champions as well.

High skill ceiling + strategy + free-to-play + online community + DOTA clone = no thanks. Not my thing.
Okay, so Bloodline Champions is not a strategy game and while it may look like a DOTA clone at first glance, it most certainly is not.

TotalBiscuit put together a great video on the game. As he states in the video, success or failure depends entirely on skill. Not equipment. Not leveling. Not random number generators. Just skill.

Bloodline Champions is an interesting game. And I like it--at least in theory. I've only played against the bots and I'd probably get stomped in a game against real live human beings. But I like playing against the bots.

The game vaguely reminds me of Madballs in...Babo: Invasion and Smash TV--both games I like. (Those who didn't pick up MIBI for $2.50 during the Steam sales in December missed out.)

I'd like to see more games like Bloodline Champions and fewer DOTA successors. LoL, HoN, SOTIS, and DOTA2 should suffice.

EDIT: If anyone wants to try the game out, let me know. I'd like to see how it plays with real humans--specifically, humans that won't annihilate me each and every match. Sorry, Mostly_Harmless.

Last edited:
I played in Beta and it was a lot of fun...I lacked people to play with....you need a solid group on voice comms that know what they are doing if you want to play against a good team...I played with a few of the classes and was best on vanguard and especially harbringer

I played in Beta and it was a lot of fun...I lacked people to play with....you need a solid group on voice comms that know what they are doing if you want to play against a good team...I played with a few of the classes and was best on vanguard and especially harbringer
What's your BC account name? Maybe we could play a round against bots some time (provided that's possible).

I have been enjoying this game. It feels like a mini-Guild Wars Team Arena game. Very twitchy.

Playername: DannyMeister

Simonedes

As per the usual.

Its pretty interesting Im still warming up on the bots trying to buy a champ I can play exclusively instead of jumping between champs week to week.

I forget my name on it >.> Its an interesting game though lol... It takes some getting used to..

I played two matches against bots Sunday (I think it was Sunday) with Danny and had a good time. Matches are fast-paced without being too fast, controls are straightforward, and it's easy to hop in, play for 10-15 minutes then drop.

I'm hoping the CGA community picks up interest in the game so I can play more of this and less of LoL (which is still play, if only to be social). If we get a few more people to post their in-game BC usernames, we can start a separate usernames list thread.

Back