Blizz downloader problem?

Reason

The Blizz Downloader gets to 19% for me, then just stalls. I've cancelled it and tried to do it a few times, same thing happens. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do for this?

I hatess the Blizzard downloader. I have never been able to get one single download off of it. I have almost popped something very important in my brain trying to get that stoooopid thing to work and have totally given up on it and get all my downloads with absolutely no problems from Fileplanet.

Besides, if the WoW Trojan works the way I've been told it does... then going the Fileplanet/Forgiven route is much safer.

But yeah, I'm behind a firewall that I legally cannot remove/fiddle with, so therefore I get 1/25th the speed after about 19%. This may have something to do with your troubles.

You have mentioned the trojan with the blizzard downloader before, could you please post your source for that John? That makes no sense to me whatsoever based on my experience. I would appreciate tracking the source of this rumor down. TIA

I hatess the Blizzard downloader. I have never been able to get one single download off of it. I have almost popped something very important in my brain trying to get that stoooopid thing to work and have totally given up on it and get all my downloads with absolutely no problems from Fileplanet.

I tried to go on Fileplanet, but being there for the first time is a little confusing. Any insite you can give me on that so I can download what the Blizz Downloader keeps stalling on?

Blizz DL'r is junk (at least for me..) It does work for me..once I open up a few ports on my router, but the speed..well...by the time I got the current patch downloaded the next patch would be due. (And I have a fast cable connection) Right now..the Blizz downloader has been sitting on 1% for 24 hours..So I use FilePlanet and even have a paid account there for faster service.

Reason, I think you have to register first. I forgot..It's been a while since I signed up...They have a free and paid account. Once you sign up, just search the file you want.

The Blizzard downloader of doom is downloading pieces at a time as they become available.

Fileplanet won't have it available until the whole patch is released. I personally pay for an account also, cause it makes me think I am getting the download faster:) However, you don't have to pay to use their site to download from. You do have to register though.

Fileplanet also has a nifty option now that checks for a patch for download every couple hours and automatically downloads it for you when it becomes available. I don't remember if this is with a paying account though. It was great last patch, cause I came home and my download was ready to install:)

Also, on the Fileplanet.com site, just click the 'warcraft' tab at the top of the page, and it shows the downloads that are available.

dont get the blizzard downloader and the blizzard background downloader confused. The background downloader is supposed to leech files over days of time, running in the background as you play and after you are done. Right now I think they have a test 'patch' its supposed to be downloading, just to get the system up and running. So its supposed to be sitting at 2% forever right now. If you look under advanced -> connection info on the background downloader, you will see its actually connecting to hosts and basically waiting for something real to do.

Yes! the blizzard background loader downloaded 153megs of the 159 of the patch. So what happens on patch day? I had to download 6megs... No the background downloader is something very differnet than the normal patcher. I have the background downloader set to download when playing and after quit. works well!

Blizz Downloader got to 96% in about 30 seconds for me, stayed at 96% for about 10-15 min, then spent another 5-10 min or so getting to 100%. I don't care much for the blizzard downloader myself either.

The reason that everyone hit 96% was because that was the contents of the first two partials (including the file that Adam hosted for us). The partial3-final piece wasn't available for download until patch day. Partial1&2 totaled 96% of the complete file. Partial3 was the other 4%.

The reason that everyone hit 96% was because that was the contents of the first two partials (including the file that Adam hosted for us). The partial3-final piece wasn't available for download until patch day. Partial1&2 totaled 96% of the complete file. Partial3 was the other 4%.

QFT.

The first 96% was already downloaded to your machine via the background downloader the previous week or so. The fast-moving bar was merely verifying that it was intact. Starting at 97%, it was doing a "real" download.

Back