Black War Ram?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
How much time and effort would it take to earn the credentials to purchase a Black War Ram?

Also, does the Black War Ram run faster (100% speed boost instead of the typical 60% for a level 40 mount) or offer any other enhanced abilities that justify the time and effort?

I don't have a terrible amount of experience with honor grinding, but from what I've heard getting to commander would be a major timesink, probably not worth it unless you really like to pvp.

Not all level 40 mounts are 60%... If you reach rank 11 I believe it is you can get an epic mount at level 40... but it is nearly impossible to reach rank 11 around level 40

About 350-400k honor a week for 8 weeks or less depending on how many people pvp. Personally it's a lot easier to get the av ram for 640g, or racial mounts for 800. Always maintain rank 3 for 10% discount off vendors around the world.

So it's not feasible for a casual player. Roger that.

Now I'm left with a decision on color: Gray Ram, White Ram, or Brown Ram?

Are there "sample rams" at the ranch where I purchase my mount, so I can see what each ram looks like? I've been unable to find in-game screenshots comparing the appearance of each mount.

lanki said:
Personally it's a lot easier to get the av ram for 640g
What is this AV ram you speak of?

There is one of each purchasable ram at the ranch for you to look at before purchasing one.

Last edited:
Tek7 said:
What is this AV ram you speak of?

It's an epic mount you get for being exhalted with stormpike. Unfortunately the minimum lvl to enter av (pvp battlegrounds) is 51, and this is where Keerah will spend most of her time once she hits 51. It's a lot easier to grind rep with stormpike from 51-60 rather than being 60 and trying to get exhalted. My goal is by the time I hit 60 I should be revered if not exhalted with them since theres lots of things I wish to purchase off them.

tek I would like to take this oppertunity to talk about the cost of buying a horse.

The level 40 mount has an 80g base cost. On top of that there is an 8g cost to learn to ride the mount. Now you cant do much about the riding cost.

The mount cost can be reduced in 2 ways, first by being honored with the respective faction, for you it would be Ironforge, this will knock 8g off the price.

The second way is to be rank 3 or higher, this will also knock 8g off your mount.

Now because mounts are bind on equip anyone can buy a mount and trade it to you, so if you are interested in being a little more thrifty you should inquire about getting a pvp rank 3 dwarf to actually purchase the mount for you

duffrey said:
Now because mounts are bind on equip anyone can buy a mount and trade it to you, so if you are interested in being a little more thrifty you should inquire about getting a pvp rank 3 dwarf to actually purchase the mount for you
Id do that.

Its 63g for the mount if you are honored with your Racial Capital, and an additional 20 to be learned. 83g in all.

Back