Bittorrent Map downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Bitorrent is working, finally got it. So, here is whats gonna happen. I'm putting the files and bittorent file on my cs and file server. This will run the torrent along with the cs server due to the current situation with toj server outage. Its 4.08gbs (will extract to about 10gbs), it will take a long time to download. I will be limiting upload to 50kbytes/sec. Please, after you finish downloading it, try to, if you can (fine if you cant) upload also.

The only bittorent program i know of and use is this. http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
Simply download and install that, then click this link --> http://131.191.62.217:6969/torrents/archives.torrent?CA7F91D3698BBDD6A13C1F4A9762A45895CF3E29 A pop up will come up with a 24kb file, download it, and open it with the bitorrent program (find the file, right click, open with, your Bittorent program, in this case azureus), and it will automatically start downloading. Remember i'm only uploading at 50Kbytes per second so it will be slow for most dsl and cable users. After someone finished the entire 4.08gbs download, the file will move to start uploading, I ask that everyone if possible, upload at least a little during the day, running as a background process (you can limit the upload speed under the options so it wont affect your internet or surfing or cs playing), in doing this, it will speed up the download process for others. Download it and install the maps if you are going to use them, they take up about 10gbs installed and uncompressed. When in the azureus, hit force start and wait a bit for it to start downloading

*all these maps are from the 2 websites on the post above, just rebuilt with the proper folders for them to install correctly.*

Last edited:
Talon: If you can work up a title for this description (perhaps a full list of maps?), I can put this up on a large torrent site to ensure that it gets distributed more quickly.

By the way, are you using the Azureus client as your tracker?

Last edited:
well i'm not sure i want to do that, cause quite a few of the maps were *copywrited* by thier creaters not to be messed with or redistibuted. I really only want these maps for gfc and toj members to use for cs servers.

Yes i'm using the client tracker with the correct ports forwarded in my router. *note it is working, someone is downloading it now*

Last edited:
Talon said:
well i'm not sure i want to do that, cause quite a few of the maps were *copywrited* by thier creaters not to be messed with or redistibuted.
Ah, good point. I won't post the torrent file anywhere.

Heh, yeah, kinda dont want that, not good. I'm uploading at 50kbps and its slow but steady, I'm running a cs server too, otherwise i would set my upload limit to 95kbps out of my 108kbps max capable. Once things get going, the files will go faster, but if everyone is willing to just wait on a slow download, i can upload the file to everyone who wants it, i dont have a bandwidth cap on my cable since its for gamers :) or more seeding and peers will increase speed, but i doubt it will much, since only maybe a dozen people will be downloading it all together, this will not be up for a long time, maybe a week or 2.

It is up now, if people want to download, i have one person downloading already.

*edit*You will need WinRAR utility to extract the maps, inside the Bittorrent download is 21 rar files, inside those are the maps in thier rars adding up to about 3500. Then the 3500 rars need to be extracted to c drive>program files>valve>steam>steamapps>your steam account name> counter strike>cstrike

What I do and suggest is to do this, I have all the maps in thier rar files, all 3500 of them in the steam>steamapps>your steam account name>counterstrike and then when a map comes up i dont have installed, i just go there, hit Ctrl+f and do a search for the map name, then extract to my cstrike to play, you have to reconnect to the server for the map to work.

Last edited:
Bittorrent files are offline, due to lack of interest and hard to keep them up here, it eats my ram on my windows desktop. If someone wants the file(s) email me at compmil [at] gmail [dot] com or IM me on AIM: Talon3950547, YIM: majortalon18 and i'll fire it up for ya. But most of the time, it sat unused.

i want it! i'll torrent it tommorow... morning that is. you know we're pacific! O yeha....... west coast power! talon, pull it up all day tommorow until 12:00 am ok? or if tats too much, post and tell me

ummmm, files are down, it will take me a while to get them back up. I'll do this as soon as i get up tomorrow morning, and post when its up with the new link

Last edited:
Update: Torrents are not up all the time and are not being nice.

Last edited:
i'm tired of messing with azureus, its caused me so many problems, that i uninstalled it, too much frustration to get a torrent to build and check out correctly and host the torrent.

Could a moderator lock this thread please, along with the light map pack thread. thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back