Bioshock 2

grimsauce

Has anyone else pre-ordered it? The original single player game is fantastic, i'm pretty excited for this. (if you haven't heard, Bioshock 2 is going to include multiplayer... which should be interesting)

Has anyone else pre-ordered it? The original single player game is fantastic, i'm pretty excited for this. (if you haven't heard, Bioshock 2 is going to include multiplayer... which should be interesting)

I just hope they didn't take any focus off of the single player to add multiplayer to a game that really didn't need it.

I've heard that BioShock 2 is going to include SecuROM. Can anyone confirm?

I've heard that BioShock 2 is going to include SecuROM. Can anyone confirm?

Its already part of the information...:confused:

Steam said:
DRM Information: SecuROM offers unlimited activations on up to 5 PCs.

Also shows on Other Requirements.

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.

Last edited:
Its already part of the information...:confused:
Well, looks like I'll be sitting this one out since I refuse to install any SecuROM-infected games on my computer and I don't own a PS3 or Xbox 360. :(

Maybe the Steam version won't have SecuROM attached? The Steam version of BioShock doesn't come packaged with SecuROM, so there's hope.

When Bioshock 1 came out I recall that I was nearly frothing in anticipation. For Bioshock 2, on the other hand, I feel almost no excitement whatsoever.

There was nothing wrong with Bioshock, but I think it failed to really grab me the way System Shock 2 did, and I consequently lost my enthusiasm for the franchise. Of course it doesn't help that it had a pretty weak ending either.

I hope the Steam version does not have SecuROM on it. The original Bioshock was an awesome game despite the poor ending. I hope the multiplayer doesn't mess anything up.

When I have to choose between two systems to play my games, I will always go with the one that has the least bother.

Steam = Win. SecureROM = I'll get it on the console kthxbye.
And any brief thoughts about just getting it on the PC anyway were immediately dismissed upon seeing the X number of installs allowed. If there's one thing I hate more than draconian DRM it is a limit to how many times I can install my own stinking software.

Back