Bible Verses, 3/8/2009

Kyle-Kristeen

Hi Everybody! I'm sure not many of you know me, i'm kind of new to Redeemed, but I wanted to volunteer to do a Bible Study every Sunday, so lets see how this goes =]

#1. Do as God says!

Luke 6:46 "Why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t DO what I say?"

Okay, so this specific verse called to me for some reason. So many of my peers at school and even some adults
have told me that they have given up on their faith because they have never heard the voice of the Lord, or they have
never seen any signs that the Lord is helping them. First off, that is what faith is, but second, this verse is explaining
why, if some non-believers would read this verse, then maybe they will find comfort in knowing that you have to follow the
Lord first for him to answer you.

#2. Do not worry!

Luke 12:25-26 "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not! And if worry can't do little things like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?"

How many of us worry throughout the day?? I know I do! Reading this verse, and hearing what the Lord has to say about
worrying is so comforting because I know that I do not need to worry, the Lord will take care of everything! Being in school
makes me worry a lot more also, I have tests, and homework, and my other activities to keep up with, that sometimes it gets
overwhelming, but just know that no matter what, the Lord will take care of everything, so why worry? Perfect example was
about a week ago, I had a test and I did not study one bit, instead I did the essay questions which was only 50% of the grade.
So testing time came, and I was extremely worried, I prayed that morning, and I passed that test! The Lord will take care of
everything in his own time!

#3. Do not judge!

Romans 14:10 So why do you condemn another Christian? Why do you look down on another Christian?

Remember, each of us will stand personally before the judgment seat of God.

Unfortunately I have seen and heard many people who claim to be Christians, judge other Christians, say bad things about them
or judge them on how they look, or what they do. I pray for these people, for it says in this verse, that EVERYBODY will be
judged by God. We do not need to judge those who we think are doing bad things, or judge people on how they look just because
WE don't think they look like Christians. We need to pray for those people, God will take care of it.

Dear Heavenly Father I thank you for giving me the wisdom to spread Your word to such a great gaming community. I hope that
these verses will touch the hearts that read them, and they will follow them because this is Your Word, and this is what You
say. Lord I ask to help all those in need of your love, and I ask for you to help those who are suffering right now. I hope
that we can all wake up for church and go today. Lord I ask all these thing in Your name, AMEN!

I hope this can continue, and some feedback would be great! Thank you guys for reading, and I hope that I helped in some way!

Kyle

#3. Do not judge!

Romans 14:10 So why do you condemn another Christian? Why do you look down on another Christian?

Remember, each of us will stand personally before the judgment seat of God.

Unfortunately I have seen and heard many people who claim to be Christians, judge other Christians, say bad things about them
or judge them on how they look, or what they do. I pray for these people, for it says in this verse, that EVERYBODY will be
judged by God. We do not need to judge those who we think are doing bad things, or judge people on how they look just because
WE don't think they look like Christians. We need to pray for those people, God will take care of it.

So you are saying that a Christian is not allowed to point out places in the life of a Christians that he or she should look at?

You sound like you are playing the "judge not" card. This may be the laziest and silliest way to justify ones sin. To say that Jesus says "Judge not" (Matthew 7:1), then He immediately tells us how to bring others' sins to their attention (i.e. not hypocritically, vv. 3-5); then tells us not to give holy things to pigs and dogs (v. 6). So we have to judge enough to identify sin, pigs, and dogs. What mustn't we do? We mustn't judge others' hearts, which we can't see (Proverbs 14:10; 20:27; Jeremiah 17:9; 1 Corinthians 2:11).

Yes, the rebuker should do his task humbly and lovingly. Without doubt. But do it he must. It is, after all, what Jesus would do, and did do, and does do (Revelation 3:19).

And we must also remember Scripture has a good deal of wisdom for the rebuked, as well. Here's a mere smattering:
Let a righteous man strike me—it is a kindness;
let him rebuke me—it is oil for my head;
let my head not refuse it (Psalm 141:5a)

If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you;
I will make my words known to you (Proverbs 1:23)

...reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning (Proverbs 9:8b-9)

Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life,
but he who rejects reproof leads others astray (Proverbs 10:17)

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates reproof is stupid (Proverbs 12:1)

There is severe discipline for him who forsakes the way;
whoever hates reproof will die (Proverbs 15:10)

Whoever ignores instruction despises himself,
but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence (Proverbs 15:32)

Christianity can be deucedly inconvenient and confrontive.

It starts out with us being brought face to face with our sin (see Romans 1:18 - 3:20, for instance). We are forced to accept that we're guilty, we have no one to blame but ourselves, and we deserve punishment. More, we can't fix the problem; we have to be rescued. Still more, our rescue can't be on our terms, has to be on God's terms; what is required of us is unconditional surrender and submission to One who calls Himself Lord, and actually means it (cf. Luke 6:46).

Then that same God to whom we've bowed the knee sends us off necessarily to local fellowships, where we will be under the care of at least one pastor, and the rest of the fellowship. Both are tasked by God, specifically, to put pressure on us when we wander off into sin. The pastor is to reprove, rebuke and exhort us Biblically (2 Timothy 4:2). So are our fellow-Christians (Hebrews 3:12-13). Ideally, it should start and end privately (Matthew 18:15-20). But if the sin was a public leader's public sin, it may start (and perhaps must end) publicly (Galatians 2:11ff.; 1 Timothy 5:20).

So we start off with this notion in mind: sin is bad. (Deep concept, eh? Maybe I'll write just on that, sometime.) It kills, it destroys, it defiles; it is attempted Deicide. We want none of it. We come to Jesus to be saved from sin. Jesus gives Himself to save us from sin, He gives His Spirit to steer us from sin, He gives His Word to guard us from sin, and He gives us pastors and brothers to administer needed rebuke and reproof to part us from sin.

Seems clear enough, no? Well, evidently no.

Back