• Wednesday Night (21-23 Eastern)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Friday Evening (17-20 Eastern)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Friday Night (21-00 Eastern)

• Saturday Mid-Day(12-17 Eastern)

• Saturday Evening/Night (17-23 Eastern)

• Other

• Total voters

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
Okay... so I failed in my first attempt at this thread... and accidentally deleted the other one before I could copy what I had typed... So... Here we go!

I'm going to try and get a Bible study going. Either Weekly or Bi-Weekly. Instead of creating 2 threads and 2 polls, I'm going to add them both to this one.

Please choose the time(s) that work best for you. Unfortunately I'm only adding the times that work for me, as I'll be leading this study. If none of the times listed work for you, someone else may be able to lead a study as well.

Please comment if you have any comments/questions, or if none of these times work. It is multiple choice.

The study will be done via TS3, with potential use of either TS3 chat or the IRC channel, however, if you have any suggestions/concerns with that, let me know. I may also be able to use gotomeeting.

Phoenix......sorry but you really should have used real time to make things easier for us to think. I'm not too sure how I feel about TS or any of the other suggestions, but may be willing to drop by from time to time.

Just wondering is there a limit to the "grouping" in game? Where if we could make a "large" party we could do it in game? Just me thinking.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Yeah, i'm struggling with the times as well and I even know how to read military time. Any night is fine by me, perhaps around 8 or 9pm EST. As far as teamspeak is concerned, it's really the only way to do this. I've been to ingame only Bible Studies and they really don't work well. Typing just takes too long compared to chat. If you don't have a mic, don't worry it's not required. You can listen and reply occasionally by typing within TS.

Phoenix......sorry but you really should have used real time to make things easier for us to think.

Monday Evening/Night (17-23 Eastern) 5pm-11pm
Tuesday Night (21-23 Eastern) 9pm-11pm
Wednesday Night (21-23 Eastern) 9pm-11pm
Friday Evening (17-20 Eastern) 5pm-8pm
Friday Night (21-00 Eastern) 9pm-midnight
Saturday Mid-Day(12-17 Eastern) noon-5pm
Saturday Evening/Night (17-23 Eastern) 5pm-11pm

I hope that helps. Easiest way to remember is:

if(hour > 12)
hour = hour -12; //and is now pm

Last edited:
If you subtract 12 from each time, you'll get the 12-hour time format in the Eastern Time Zone. So..

Monday Evening/Night (17-23 Eastern) (5-11pm EST)
Tuesday Night (21-23 Eastern) (9-11pm EST)
Wednesday Night (21-23 Eastern) (9-11pm EST)
Friday Evening (17-20 Eastern) (5-8pm EST)
Friday Night (21-00 Eastern) (9-Midnight EST)
Saturday Mid-Day(12-17 Eastern) (Noon-5pm EST)
Saturday Evening/Night (17-23 Eastern) (5-11pm EST)

The UK likes the 24 hour time format, so I've had to get used to it quickly. Hopefully that clears up some confusion. If you want to convert it to different time zones, subtract by 1 Central, 2 for Mountain, 3 for Pacific.

FYI.....I know how to do military time, but to "think" it just is too hard. Also in the past I have used TS and know you can type in it etc......just saying not sure with how things are personally if that will work for me.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Sorry y'all on the 24h clock... I'm used to using it for work (I work for a German company, and in technology, it's just easier to use 24h clock for clarity, and euro's all like the 24h clock) I'll remember next time.

The current limit for groups is 5, however if I had squad commander we could have a group up to 30 (but not worth the 100g for this situation haha)

As for the TS3 we would need some form of voice, as Raven said, it's really hard to do this via typing. However I feel that it is beneficial to have typing as well, for references, etc.

One note to add, Christmas is coming that means kettle season for the Salvation Army, and I may volunteer some evenings for kettle counting. That is all up in the air yet.

Voted "other" because my only guaranteed time online is Sunday afternoons EST. Usually my wife has gone to sleep by 11pm which means after 4pm on Sundays, but I think that doesn't work for anyone else. That's ok though, whatever time is picked I would love to try and attend.

I will leave the poll open for another week. Our first study will be the week of the 14th.

It looks like Weekly on Mondays is winning right now.

Last edited:
I have a bible study in real life on Monday nights, so if it does come to that ingame, I will not be able to attend. Go with the majority :)

I had no issue reading your times Pheonix :) I am available Monday nights also but for some reason didn't select it. Was really hoping someone would get something like this going.

Per the poll it will be on Monday nights. We will generally have it around 8PM (unless that is not a good time) however tonight I will not be able to be on until around 9PM eastern time, to give our westcoast friends a little bit of time to get home.

Last edited:
Back