Bible Study 4-23-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleburg

We know God's grace take on many forms. Lets look at God's Growing Grace:
2 Peter 3:18 (New King James Version)
but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

In John 1:14 We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

A greater intimacy with Christ will result in a greater capacity of grace.
How do I grow in my personal relationship with Jesus?
  1. good time together
  2. good conversationtogether
How do I know if I'm growing in grace?
According to Tom Holliday: "Growth isn't how many; growth is how much
Titus 2:11-12
for the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-centered, upright and godly lives in the present age.

Now explain:
What do YOU a good time and conversation together help you relationship Christ?
How do YOU know that you are growing in grace?

I will continuing this study on Grace in future edition of our bi-weekly bible study so please stay tune.

I know I am growing in Grace, when I triumph over the things I shouldnt have triumphed over. Surely, the Lord watches over Heroes and Fools. And I am not much of a hero.

I have an amazing story about grace. I was doing a report on someone I was close to for college. They had a hard time with their husbands ex-wife. The ex would right love letters to her former husband, she would bad mouth my friend in front of her's & her ex's son, and for my friends wedding day she took the son out of town, so he could not be in the wedding as planned. I asked her how she felt about this women for all the things that she had done to her, and her response was "how can I not forgive her after all Jesus has forgiven me of?"

This person does not walk close with God, but that response has always stuck with me. How do I know when I am growing in grace? When I look at that example and forgive someone that has wronged me terribly and forgive them anyway.

I'm not sure what to add about grace except this: Grace is completely undeserved, yet we expect it. We need to not expect it because by its very definition we don't deserve it. We can, however, desire grace. We desire God's grace. He gives it because he loves us. So I would say the question is how much of a loving heart do you have? The more loving, the quicker and easier to grant grace.

So I would say the question is how much of a loving heart do you have? The more loving, the quicker and easier to grant grace.

Exactly! We first need to open our hearts to except God and by excepting God He will give us His grace while we stay obedient to Him. We also have to look at God's mercy when we talk about His grace because mercy is something that He gives to us and that is also something we don't deserve. Although God gives us His grace and mercy shows us of His greatest power LOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back