Bi-Annual Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
As per our tradition, it is now time to start another round of the bi-annual cape contest.

Any member of SoE or SOE can design a cape by visiting the Guild Emblemer in a major city (Ascalon, Lion's Arch, Kamadan, Kaineng Center, Shing Jea Monastery) take a screenshot and post it on this thread.

Your design can incorporate any feature available at the emblemer. You can either post one design and allow me a little creative liberty to make them slightly different between SoE and SOE, or design a complimentary set. In the past, difference has been as minor as the trim edge at the bottom (see current capes) or reversed set of colors. Use your creativity.

For the sake of those judging, limit your entries to one per person.

I will close this thread late on Sunday night, December 16, no earlier than midnight eastern time. All entries must be submitted before I close the thread.

The officers will then submit their top 3 nominations to me and I will compile them and post the top 3 nominations in a poll on Friday Dec, 21 and will remain open until New Year's Eve.

I will recreate the winning cape in-game for our guilds to the best of my abilities based on the screenshots on New Year's Day 2008. This winning cape will be our in-game guild cape for the next 6 months.

Prizes for the finalists and winners have not been determined, but will be updated onto this post once they have been selected.

Last edited:
this is old school but i love it. dont htink its quite what the other one was but i <3 it

Here's a Trinity idea: The Holy Spirit (dove) coming through the blood of Christ (Red background) from God the Father (burning bush)...

View attachment 371

(If this idea's been used before, sorry, new guy...BTW a cool hammer on black I like as well! ;) )

(If this idea's been used before, sorry, new guy...BTW a cool hammer on black I like as well! ;) )

Its fine, there is always a couple duplicates from previous contests that are posted again to try their luck. Next time i get on GW imma try and get something cool.

Now with the new update, you can go to SoE or SOE guild hall and make capes there

Yes, they added the ability to buy not just a Guild Emblemer for the hall, but a Festival Hat Keeper and Canthan Ambassador [Guild Halls]

Thank you to whoever purchased all the upgrades before I even logged on last night.

Any member of SoE or SOE...

I'd like to keep the official entries to members of our guild since we will be wearing the winning cape.

That doesn't mean you can't post a design for fun. I suppose if a member likes it enough, they could offer you their entry.

Guild Cape

I chose the sword design because it resembles the cross with a crown of thorns wrapped around it. The red for His blood, and the blue just as contrast the sword so it stands out.

SoELion.jpg

Not a great pic.. but you can all see it :)

Simple cape.
Crown of Thorn like things= Jesus' death for us all
Red background= blood that he spilt of us.

AND it matches my armor!!:cool::D:p

Kel's cape

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper
than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing
asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the
heart."
Hebrews 4:12, KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back