BH seems a bit low DPS

tagtarsis

Ok I have talked with a friend about this, but I wanted to discuss with others.

Has any Bounty Hunters found that there DPS is a bit low?

I am having trouble doing enough damage to mobs when solo to just go through some quest areas.

I feel like my DPS is much too low. I have played with a inq this last week and I have found the DPS to be crazy on the Inq as compared to the BH. And I was specing them both as tank.

Any others have any suggestions or info that would be helpful. I am torn to go BH tank vs Inq tank. We have a ton of Inq in the guild and I have thought I should stick with it.

BUT if the DPS in general is so low. I may be missing something. However I have discussed with another BH that had this same feeling. Any suggestions or info?

I'm currently a level 19 Pyrotech BH, having no issue in both PVE or PVP damage-wise. A level 50 BH in tank spec rocked a PVP match yesterday, pulling both 14k in protection, but also topping my 200kish damage by an extra 30k. A common thing people say on forums is that tanking (for all classes) doesn't really take off until 30+, so you may want to either make sure your gear is blue/orange (with current mods and augments), go the DPS route (you still get the taunt dart, and can activate Ion Gas Cylinder as needed), or go the first 3 tiers or so of the tank tree and then move into the other two as desired.

If you wanted to check out the DPS trees:
From what I've gathered, the focus with our Powertech trees are anti-armor, at least for the two non-tank ones. Advanced Prototype is 4-10 meter range tree that mixes Railgun (that bypasses 60% of armor when talented) with Retractable Blade (damage + bleed effect that isn't reduced by armor), with some extra stacking damage effects. Add on the 35% automatic armor penetration 'stance' from High Energy Gas Cylinder (which also vents 8 heat every 6 seconds when talented), and you got yourself a very mobile and heavily armored killer. Forums complain about this one being imbalanced in PVP, I wonder why. >.>

Pyrotech from my experience is a 10-30 meter range tree that emphasizes burn effects and some decent CC. Because armor as a general rule only resists kinetic and energy damage (Force/Explosions/lasers shots/lightsabers), that leaves us doing internal and elemental damage, something that practically chews through tanks and isn't resisted as easily unless people choose to stack it. This allows Combustible Gas Cylinder (6 second DoT which has no cooldown, allowing for easy spam on several targets) to burn through any enemy with ease. When talented, it can reduce an enemy's damage by 4% for 15 seconds and also snare them by 50% for 2 seconds, something I love to do to prevent escape. Later on, the tree increases the damage of many skills when the target is below 30% health. My kind of stuff. <3

As for tanking:
I say stick with it. We have like, what, 3 Powertech BHs in the guild? Be unique, have a cool story and ship, and don't wear a dress when tanking. Sure, the DPS is a bit higher starting off for the other class, but looking at both the skills and trees, Bounty Hunter tanking looks a heck of a lot more straight forward compared to Assassin when end-game comes around. You can always switch from your tank Cylinder (which is energy damage anyways meaning it's reduced by armor) and have Mako in heal spec when soloing.

What kind of skill rotation are you using for both single and multi-target encounters when doing PVE? Also, what's your current tree look like?

I would say definitely stick with it. I think it is a early level pacing issue because on the forums it seems to be in agreeance that bh is extremely powerful.

FIXED!

After talking with Kerro and looking at the skills a bit more I found it was improved a bunch. Tank BH need not forget about using the Ion Gas DOT. Its a must to make it proc on your mobs.

I'm giving this another go, and Ill check back in about the DPS.

This class is much easier to tank from, ie less buffs that have to be spamed to make him tank ready..

Back