beter ammo

Ghost_Telacast

(this will sound odd at first but stick with me) we have be attacked by satanic, atheistic and evealtionistic groups on the server. When they troll we try not to kick or ban because we want to clarify their sight of our view they come with guns blazing and we have good but weak come backs (no offence). The clearly dont like the bible so if we throw lots of scripture at them it will do very little, but if we know the basics and flaws of their theries we can beter combat them with a strike they dont expect. I would like to have a class on the basics of evalution so we can blow down their house of cards with knowlage of their side and ours. If anyone would like to perticipate ops especilly please post below so we can set a date.

ps i know i post alot

I need more ammo, especially regarding the age of the world and carbon dating. I have someone close to me who just doesn't understand why I can't see all the scientific evidence, but I don't have the apologetics background to raise up a reliable defense. So any resources I could look up, let me know.

Wow Wolfe. Just wow. Can you be any more condesceding? (sp) What good is it to have a body of believers who can draw upon each other's knowledge and experience when all we have to do is just up and do it ourselves. As a matter of fact, why have a body of Christ at all when we can just all do things independently? You know, ANYBODY can google things like that. And you know what? You'll get athiest sites as well as Christian sites and neutral sites. I was asking for people's understanding and experience, not a general "just look it up yourself" kind of answer. Gosh. I guess that's the answer to everything huh? Why even be on these forums? Why even talk to you guys? I can find it all out myself?

Please please please be less negative on your postings wolfe. Nothing personal, but all I ever see you do is throw in negative comments to anyone's postings or questions. Are you that angry? Are you that upset? Do we frustrate you that much?

Wow Wolfe. Just wow. Can you be any more condesceding? (sp) What good is it to have a body of believers who can draw upon each other's knowledge and experience when all we have to do is just up and do it ourselves. As a matter of fact, why have a body of Christ at all when we can just all do things independently? You know, ANYBODY can google things like that. And you know what? You'll get athiest sites as well as Christian sites and neutral sites. I was asking for people's understanding and experience, not a general "just look it up yourself" kind of answer. Gosh. I guess that's the answer to everything huh? Why even be on these forums? Why even talk to you guys? I can find it all out myself?

Please please please be less negative on your postings wolfe. Nothing personal, but all I ever see you do is throw in negative comments to anyone's postings or questions. Are you that angry? Are you that upset? Do we frustrate you that much?

Assumption is the mother of all mess ups!

You assume I"m being condescending and so feel free to attack me back. Two wrongs don't make a right. Even if I was being condescending (which I wasn't but looking back I can see the assumption), that still gives you no right to attack me publicly. The Bible is very clear how Brothers and Sisters should handle a conflict among themselves.

So I will ignore your attack of me and instead explain my actions.

The best place to start for any question is google (or some other search engine). You will get both sides of any issue and lots of information. As you research it, you will start to see the patterns and arguments for both sides. Once you have the basic information and ideas, then you can go to the group of your choosing and ask for more detailed information and specific arguments. This will allow you to form your own opinions of issues instead of just parroting what you've been told. It will also allow you to better answer counter issues and arguments.

"Let Me Google that for you" is a great way to show people search results for issues they may not know how to research themselves or how to phrase specific searches (ie problems with radiocarbon dating). At that point you can search thru the links and pick what appeals to you and refine your searches based upon what was found there.

I'm sorry I didn't have the time to more completely answer you question when you first asked it and so you made the assumption I was being condescending.

The best place to start for any question is google (or some other search engine). You will get both sides of any issue and lots of information. As you research it, you will start to see the patterns and arguments for both sides. Once you have the basic information and ideas, then you can go to the group of your choosing and ask for more detailed information and specific arguments. This will allow you to form your own opinions of issues instead of just parroting what you've been told. It will also allow you to better answer counter issues and arguments.

Um Wolf, I thought the same thing as Koah did. Just came a cross that way because we weren't in your mind to know what you were thinking. My first thought was "Isn't he just a smarty pants?" Probably would have took less time to type out what you did above.

The benefit to other's sharing what they know is that they may have already checkin to some of the sources they reference. Giving it a little more reliability as opposed to just finding this, that, and the other on google. For example, I have already heard plenty of Ken Hamm's teachings and find them to be pretty Biblically sound as well as scientific. A random google search by someone turning up his stuff wouldn't know that right off and then they would have to spend extra time researching him as opposed to the topic.

Um Wolf, I thought the same thing as Koah did. Just came a cross that way because we weren't in your mind to know what you were thinking. My first thought was "Isn't he just a smarty pants?" Probably would have took less time to type out what you did above.

Again, I apologized for the way it came across. I posted it as I was leaving for work and did not have the time to go more in-depth. (it took me about 5 seconds to post it) Even I acknowledged that when looking back it could be construed as condescending which is why I apologized instead of attacking back. (Unless you count the comment about handling it differently as an attack)

The benefit to other's sharing what they know is that they may have already checkin to some of the sources they reference. Giving it a little more reliability as opposed to just finding this, that, and the other on google. For example, I have already heard plenty of Ken Hamm's teachings and find them to be pretty Biblically sound as well as scientific. A random google search by someone turning up his stuff wouldn't know that right off and then they would have to spend extra time researching him as opposed to the topic.

The Bible tells us we must "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
By first learning the basics of the issue first, any person is better equipped to deal with the more in-depth issues. What do you do when you bring up Ken Hamm's teachings and the person your talking to points out that on the issue at hand Ken has already been proven wrong on his position?

Talking points are easy to learn but they do nothing to convince the other person if that is all you know. I can easily teach someone the Romans Road, but if they don't understand the ideas and concepts behind it, it does no good when questions are asked.

As a former athiest and science nut (then and now), nothing will turn a person off from your discussion and push them farther away from Christ than a talking points argument. Science must be confronted by an understanding of the argument and sound, logical disagreement. If he does not have a basic understanding of both sides of the argument, the points AND counter points, he will fail in his attempt to win over his friend. It was my attempt to give him that basic understanding of both sides so he could better ask us specific questions.

Back