Best Nights for Events

What night or nights are best for you to do Dailies, Heroics, Flashpoints, etc.?

• Total voters

Aleron

Eh?
Arwindir and I were chatting in game today and we figure it's time to start scheduling events such as Heroics, Flashpoints, Warzones, and Dailies. We're still too small for Ops but hopefully that will come in the future. So we need to figure out what days are best for folks. I don't want to overwhelm people so I'm thinking we could schedule one of the above events once per week. We could either making it somewhat flexible where the majority decides what they want to do that particular night, or we could schedule Heroics for one particular week, Flashpoints on another week, etc.

I've left out Wednesday night since most people are busy with church. If you have church activities on Sunday nights, please don't vote for that day. You can vote for more than one night. I'm thinking that with summer, most folks are busy during the weekend so we may only schedule something on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights. If there is enough interest, we could schedule Dailies on one night and heroics/flashpoints on another night that week.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

I'm very excited about the possibility of running instances with guild friends! I have had some good experiences with pick-up groups (pugs), but I've had some very negative ones, too. I know we have quite a few good people in CtL and it would be fun to experience some game content with you!

If we schedule things, I should be able to make it. It's hard to really say which days are worst than others but Sundays appear to be out for everyone. Funny that.

hey all, sorry i've been MIA for the last week. it's just been rough adjusting to working again. as of right now the best times for me would be Fri nights after approx. 6:30 central, and anytime on Saturdays. i can be on other nights as well, but my time is limited to around 6:30 central until about 9 or 9:30 central. and i'm more than willing to help out with FPs, heroics, dailies, whatever. :D

P.S. even if we have to pug one or two for FPs or heroics that's fine with me too. most of my experience with pugs has been pretty good, but i'd much rather help my guildies get geared up and stuff than total strangers :D

I voted on the poll but anytime I am on I can usually run FP's. I made a merc on the imp side (he is in the guild) that I have really been enjoying so if I am not on Aaeryyn doing dailies check on the imp side for me, and if I am there just yell at me and tell me its time to be good and I can switch over hehe. Also if anyone needs help with anything just find me and ask I usually have the time to help if I am on.

We need to find a way to know when people are on line and contact each other when we are playing different factions. I've been playing my imps during the 2x weekends (I wish they would have more) as well. I am open to suggestions. There are three suggestions I can think of.

TeamSpeak - Log in to TeamSpeak when you are playing even if you don't have a mic so we can see who's available.
IRC - We could use the ToJ IRC channel (I haven't been on yet) but that means you would have to check to see who's logged in (with Overwolf, it will tell you who entered the channel for TS).
Skype - I have it, I've never actually used it.

Again, alternative suggestions are welcome.

I've never used IRC but I'm usually on Steam and Xfire. I also usually have Skype up and running. I don't usually answer calls on it but it works well for instant messaging. My ID for all three is usafa82.

Using TeamSpeak would be ideal. The voice quality is great and it's easy to set up. I bought a Logitech headset from Walmart for $35 and it works very well. They also have cheaper headsets.

I forgot about Steam, I usually have that up and running at home. My id is Kahiel there too.

So, IRC is out. Steam, Skype and TS are the front runners.

I will get TS downloaded and installed this week, never used steam or skype but I am sure I can figure them out lol

What I like about xfire is that it will track what games you and your friends are playing and whether or not they're online. I used to be able to track SWTOR with steam but something changed and it no longer tracks. Xfire still works fine, however. Plus, you can create a miniprofile for use in forums:

Hm, turns out I have an xFire account too. I added it to Overwolf and I have the program installed too. I have a bunch of people in my friends list which I don't recognize so I am trying to figure out how to delete them. Not sure how they got there to begin with.

I used to use Overwolf but could never get it to work right. Sometimes the overlay would work but most of the time it doesn't. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Well, I had been playing with XFire. I decided to unintall it. It installed additional software (granted AVG safe search, but I don't want AVG safe search as it messes up my browser settings and interferes with the safe search software I prefer) and it's taken me a couple hours the last couple days to get things the way I like them again. It also never logged any of my game play time which is the main reason I wanted to use it.

I didn't get any additional software when I installed Xfire, but I'm always wary of companies trying to get me to install additional stuff. I always watch for boxes to uncheck that would install avg, toolbars, etc. Sorry to hear you had trouble. I find xfire to be a great tool to keep in contact with other gaming friends. And it tracks SWTOR, unlike Steam.

I haven't been able to be online much the last couple of days due to a meeting on Wednesday and a BBB event last night at a local ballgame. I should be able to get some good playing time in tonight. If at least three of us are on, we should try to get the hard mode FP done for HK, then the final boss. Or we could work on the seeker/binoc quests.

I didn't get any additional software when I installed Xfire, but I'm always wary of companies trying to get me to install additional stuff. I always watch for boxes to uncheck that would install avg, toolbars, etc. Sorry to hear you had trouble. I find xfire to be a great tool to keep in contact with other gaming friends. And it tracks SWTOR, unlike Steam.

I haven't been able to be online much the last couple of days due to a meeting on Wednesday and a BBB event last night at a local ballgame. I should be able to get some good playing time in tonight. If at least three of us are on, we should try to get the hard mode FP done for HK, then the final boss. Or we could work on the seeker/binoc quests.

Agreed, I am geared almost entirely with artifact level gear on Kahiel. I will start working on Maronius as well.

As for xFire, I downloaded the most recent client which may have something to do with it. I am going to try to use it through Overwolf and see what happens.

Back