Best lurker attepmt 10/14

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm in it.

At about 2:20 minutes into it is where ST and Myself get pwned by the mele add that should have gone to the center platform. NOW I HAVE PROOF TO ALL YOU NAY SAYERS. <cough Illyria gag>

yes, they do port to the islands, but only after they've arrived at their position. before that(when they are walking) i can't even taunt them.

cc the last 2 guardians and assign 1 group of dps go in a counter-clockwise rotation killing guardians one by one while sheeping the other 2 would solve the problem. the ranged ones on the islands can be tanked by a dps class.

The hunter island was ice trapping them, they had it down too. I dunno why he came right back, or didnt port at all.

Yea we'll handle the adds more like ill is suggesting next time. The adds on the islands are weaksauce so DPS can handle them on their own, only needing a heal here and there. We'll CC 2/3 of the Guardians, and work our way around.

I had a blast on this fight. I can see this fight coming together quite nicely. Last night in MC, as Where2 tanked all 8 of domo's adds, we were joking around about how it took 21 wipes on Domo to finally have it come together. I think Redeemed is built on being headstrong and getting through this content. Now that we've seen the fight, now that at least 25 people know how to duck and cover for the spout, the rest of it will simply be muscled through.

Next week we will try some new strats on the adds and not get down on ourselves if we only get Lurker to 90%. I think Redeemed can go as far as it wants, it just takes a little more patience on everybodies behalf.

Yea, i think killing end game bosses requires more than just folowing the raids main rules, its about helping eachother out and working as a team, O i think when the first guardians come out there should be no heals, because healers pull during that phase, and get 1 shotted, because i got cleaved and ST died right off the bat. I think thats why we wiped, ill look into some ways around that.

the melee adds can be taunted, even lurker can be taunted.

i basically go to where the melee adds spawns, then follows them.

the moment when you can see the adds coming, it is actually just graphics, you cannot do any hostile action to it, it is only when the adds stops, then they actually begin to "exist", and i can taunt them right away. it's kind of like when oddbob mc's a guy in a pull, when we are killing that guy last, i'll stand right in front of it and spam taunt, and once oddbob let go of mc, the taunt goes off so it doesnt hit oddbob.

as long as the tanks can position correctly when the melee adds comes out, it should be simple. I've seen a pally offtank video where the pally first stuns the guardian then consecrate to establish aggro.

I have a mod (don't know which one does it) but when I get agro of anything, it flashes red on the border of my screen so I know I have to fade/bubble...or run to a tank.

I think the one meli is talking about is Omen. I get the same thing on my screen when i get aggro.

That was cool to watch! I was right there the whole time and could see. This video confirms that even when you have to jump in the water you can still dish out the dps underwater. I think we'll get this fight down in no time. Just gotta down those adds.

My Opinion on this fight is a little different.

This is how when I was in a guild that downed Lurker they did it a little different.

First One the islands they put a warlock on each or a hunter or combination of both. That is it one person per island. Warlock Dotted and Feared. Hunter Ice trapped on mob. The other add on the island was dealt with a mage per extra add. If we don't have enough mages then another hunter or warlock is needed per extra mob. DPS killed the ones on the main Island first starting with the main tanks mob. That way the main tank is free to start tanking lurker when he comes back up. We clear all the middle islands and the extra melee then go to the islands and mop out on the outer spawns. Even if you are on the island you get hit with the whirl as you saw in the video if you are more that 30 yards you don't get it with it.

All range will spread out around the outer edge of the middle island all melee will be on the inner edge. When he starts his spout melee goes forward and the range goes backward into the water.

this allowes for all healers to be in range and the dps to assist on the main mobs at once focusing their fire. With the outer islands being CC'ed it is easier to heal and control the chaos of the fight.

This is another way to do the fight. I will leave the final strat to the Raid leaders.

Just my two cents.

Ug.

Back