Benediction/Anathema

Angus_Og

To the priests that have done this or are planning to do this. This is Butos next major goal. I am a shadow priest that does not mind having to do healing duties as a back up so I am looking for gear that is spell dmg/healing or can be used for both uses (ie Benediction/Anathema).

SO, anyone want to help me in this goal of mine? First stop faction/quest grinding with Hydraxia.

Last edited:
Here ya go. This will help ya out a bit. Benediction Staff Info. I'd recommend just buying the Eye of Shadow at the AH. They are usually only around 200g or so. This is a lot easier than farming one unless there is one in the guild bank that I do not know about.

After you obtain both Eyes, this is the quest that you will need to do. It is on a timer as well so if you do not complete it the first time, you will need to come back in 2 hours to retry it. Your Quest.

More good information for you. From WoW healers.com

Last edited:
I was blessed to get both parts "handed" to me. First I was one of only 2 priests in MC who didn't have the Eye of Divinity and rolled and won...later that evening an SGA group who was farming something in Winterspring decided to farm the Eye of Shadow for me and came and presented me with it.

I ended up at the quest site at the same time as someone from a raiding guild..although one of us was unsuccessful (I can't remember whether it was him or I) we decided to meet again in 2 hrs. Buff up as much as you can...brilliant mana oil helps as does nightfin soup (mana is an issue). You'll need 5-10 oil of immolations (to take out the skellies when they attack you) or dynamite or holy water..or a combo of all three.

Although you can not have "help" doing the quest, as long as another priest in no way touches you or gets in aggro range of the cave s/he can stand back where the quest giver is and help heal the mobs as they get close to the "finish" line. It isn't necessary as most of the time those mobs are out of dmg range and if they've made it that far they'll prolly make it all the way, but if it stops even one from dying it helps (if I remember correctly you are allowed to let 15 die but no more than that).

Its kinda sick that it takes 2 hours for the quest to respawn so I hope that if you successfully get the two pieces (one you have to run MC for) that you do it on your first try.

Buffs- you'll want Fort/Spirit, GoW and Wisdom for sure!!

This is something I have been waiting on too Mike. Although I was told I had to get the thing out of MC first. Hence one of the reason I am running it each weekend. So maybe we can cheer each other on and help each other out.

As far as I know it does not matter which order you get the 2 gems so I will be farming in Winterspring for the first one till I can either get into Triggers run to get the last one or the Veritas run makes it there and we have to fight with the other 3/4 priests to get it. And you know the way I have been rolling lately I do not stand a chance for it. :)

As far as I know it does not matter which order you get the 2 gems so I will be farming in Winterspring for the first one till I can either get into Triggers run to get the last one or the Veritas run makes it there and we have to fight with the other 3/4 priests to get it. And you know the way I have been rolling lately I do not stand a chance for it. :)

If ya need help farming for it, let me know. I'll head up to Wintersprings (if I'm not already there) and lend a hand. And no, it does not matter what order you obtain them in. You just need to make sure you have the Eye equipped when you do the quest.

Oh, well that is nice to know. I thought you had to have the MC part first. Cool, I will need to start farming for this then myself, huh? Wonder how well the kids could do on Kirk and my toons for it, hehe.

Sure will, hehe, although, I think Kirk already has them farming Kingsblood first. Guess we will have to wait our turn.

Well considering I am not geared for the undertaking yet, I can wait. I saw a video on doing the quest and have read a few things. I can say that my mana pool is way under what it needs to be for this. I am even seriously considering respeccing just to get this thing, but of course I am going to try shadow first.

We just had a Shadow Priest do the quest on thier first attempt. It is possible, just be prepared with reagents and buffs.

1. Get an intel\mark\kings buff and rum tum tuber suprise for your mana pool.
2. Get a second pally to buff you with Blessing of Wisdom(+36), Mana (+8) or Brilliant Mana (+12) oil and Mageblood (+12) potioins for upto 60 mana per 5 regen.
3. Use lower rank heals and renews to help conserve mana.
4. Get Dark runes\demonic runes as they are on a different timer then Major mana potions.
5. Farm the mats for Crystal Charge in Ungoru.
6. Farm the mats for either the +spirit or +intel buff from Blasted lands. You can only have one intel buff on you at a time, it may be worth your while to farm for the +50 intel buff from the blasted lands.

I am the said shadow priest in the above post. :D I only had a pally's Blessing of Wisdom, my own fort buff, mageblood potion, a greater intellect potion for this quest. So yes it is possible. I used Oils of Immolation to AOE the skeletons away and that seemed to work quite well. I had roughly +350 healing being shadow specced as well, I used rank 4 flash heal, a low rank renew, and abolish disease.

You cannot use the V-key functionality anymore, or at least it didn't work for me, to see the villagers' health bars. You have to abolish disease the villagers who are diseased, very easy to see, and then heal the ones who are getting shot by arrows, you have to be watching much more carefully for that.

I also used Night Dragon's Breath and Major Mana Pots, on 2 separate cooldown timers. One key thing to remember is you gotta throw your last few renews on the villagers at the bottom, and trust that's enough before running back up to the cave for the next batch.

Good luck with it. =)

Well, it has been a little while since this thread saw anything so I am blowing the dust off now. This week/weekend will be busy. I am starting my lock mount quest but I am also hunting for that allusive Eye of Shadows. I will be hunting this eye most of the time I am on and not on my lock. I am going to try and split the time between these two endevors. So for those that are hunting or will be hunting for this come and help. Maybe we can get extras for the up and comers if we are lucky enough.

The Eye of Divinity is far more difficult to get than the Eye of Shadow. The general strategy is to wait until you get an Eye of Divinity and then start farming for the Eye of Shadow.

I have farmed 4hrs so far to get 2, one for me and one for Shebaely. Neither of us got one. So it looks like it will be awhile for us to get either of them. All it will do is take a bag slot which is no big deal.

Back