Been busy, haven't been around

gerrtGSU06-CTS

Hey all!

I've been crazy busy lately and haven't been around, so I thought I'd hop on and share what's been going on since I have a spare 5 minutes and want to keep my peers informed.

I wasn't really able to talk about this right after it happened for a number of reasons, but the biggest change is that my wife (who is our primary provider right now) no longer has a job. She will get her maternity leave paid and will get some extra pay through the end of November, but she's now without work. We're trying to find her a new church to work in but as I'm sure you all know church committee's take time to make decisions, and with Advent in the relatively near future it may be some time before her papers circulate and a church is ready to call her.

This is made all the worse by the fact that we are probably going to have our baby this week. We went to the doctor on Monday and my wife's measuring a few days ahead of schedule, 39 weeks. She's "officially" 39 weeks today, and could go at any time. We're excited, for sure, but we're also concerned, what with the losing of the job.

Thankfully, there's been a change in my job front as well. Instead of working at a counseling center part time and a retail job part time I'm now working at two counseling centers. This is beneficial because I can make a whole days pay at the retail job in about an hour and a half at either counseling center, and my schedule is already starting to fill at the new place. We're not sure yet if it will be able to support us fully once the end of November comes, but it will definitely stem the tide a little.

That said, I've been pretty busy between taking care of my wife in the worst moment we've ever experienced together, final preparations for the baby, and starting a new job last week. We also bought a Wii, well...I bought a Wii, so Mario Kart has been holding my gaming attention lately (which I've had very little of). I'm sure I'll be around more when things calm down a little...no telling when that will be though.

Hope you all are doing well! I'll try to stay active on the forums at least, that takes relatively little time. See y'all later.

-G

Thanks for the update, praying for your situation, don't forget to send baby pics when she(he?) arrives.

Back