Because Tek7 asked for it last night

Just snagged Portal 2. Hoping Dead Island comes on more of a sale too.

For those of you new to Steam sales: DO NOT buy a game if it's not on a daily deal. Add the games you want to your wish list, wait until the last day of the sale, then buy anything you want that didn't go on a daily deal sale.

Because if you buy something when it's 33% and it's 75% off during the next day's daily deal, you will RAEG.

Dead Island flat out rocks. Better than L4D2 imo :)
The guys in the apartment next door got it for the 360 and I've been able to play and watch them play a little bit. So good!! Surround sound zombies? I might have been jumping around corners for the rest of the days.

But what if the daily deal is 75% like Orcs must die is right now?!?!?
If you want it and it's a daily deal and can afford it, then snag it. It's not going to be any cheaper (any time soon, anyway) than a daily deal.

My current gaming budget is, well, nil right now, so I even skipped Orcs Must Die for under $4. I'm not too worried, though. I think Skyrim has me covered for single-player gaming for quite some time.

For those of you new to Steam sales: DO NOT buy a game if it's not on a daily deal. Add the games you want to your wish list, wait until the last day of the sale, then buy anything you want that didn't go on a daily deal sale.

Because if you buy something when it's 33% and it's 75% off during the next day's daily deal, you will RAEG.

I am of the same mind Tek, but I also can't help put point this out. Last night I bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 for my friend for a combined $10 (4.99 ea). Today, they are $9.99 ea. Maybe a fluke, but they were cheaper yesterday (without being considered a Daily Deal) and today they are more expensive.

Battlefield 3 is apparently going for $30 on Origin. Not the preferred digital distribution platform, but you don't have a choice on this one. I'd say that the game is more than worth it it for that price, and that you should overlook any hangups about Origin.

The Steam Autumn Sale ends tomorrow, so if you were waiting to pick up a game that wasn't featured as a daily deal but is on sale (say, Tobe's Vertical Adventure, for example), you'll want to pick it up before 12 p.m. Central (1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific) tomorrow (Monday, November 28).

Back