Battlefield 2 anyone?

Liquidice07

Hey, I have read about the whole server thing going on and just wanted to know how many current or soon-to-be Battlefield 2 players. I would just like to know how many will consider buying it, becuase depending on the response, we may want to look in the direction of possibly a Battlefield 2 server.
Just a suggestion.
So I am getting BF 2 as soon as I get the $$$, anyone else?

I'm cool with ToJ members starting up a Battlefield chapter to support our BF1942 and BF2 players. e-mail me at tek7 AT toj DOT cc if you're interested in serving as a Battlfield chapter staff member.

After playing this game for a few hours, I can definately say I'm interested. I'll E-mail you later if you want, I don't have time now.

Killerah said:
After playing this game for a few hours, I can definately say I'm interested. I'll E-mail you later if you want, I don't have time now.
Sounds good. I'll watch for your e-mail.

Hey! Glad to see some more BF2 fans out there!! Man...I can't stop playing it...only have one weapon unlocked right now. The game is just a freakin blast. The action gets more intense than anything i've played online before...it's just crazy.

I'm trying to get BF2 to work on my computer, even just the demo. Also, i'm looking into setting up a linux BF2 server, depending on bandwidth usage.

Ah, finally, it works. Very cool game, but i dont have the $$$ to pick it up yet. I'm going to put the server files on my linux computer now, depending on bandwidth usage, i will run a server for you guys (not sure if it will on my bandwidth, but we will see :)

I haven't played the demo yet, but I know I will be playing this game as soon as I pickup a new hard drive.

EDIT: I burned 2.1 gigs of music onto cds last night, and downloaded the demo! It auto adjusted its settings for my computer, so the graphics arent the best but it lags less them bf1942 on my computer. My computer isnt slow..but yeah. I will definitaly be buying this game!!

Last edited:
I just picked up this game a few days ago, and i just came on to see if there was a BF2 chapter. I think it would be real cool to get one started.

I'm having trouble getting the linux server for bf2 to run the server. Some error when i run the sudo argument, i'm trying to figure it out, then i'll need a few people to get on and test, so i can see what kind of bandwidth it uses.

My friend came over and installed it for me, but since we are using the same cd-key, we cant play at the same time, so, i usually am never on. But..he is in alaska on vacation, so, while he is gone, i get to play :).

That's good your enjoying the game and maybe making a BF2 Chapter...

...as for my opinion to BF2, no comment. ;)

I'll eventually get BF2 but for now I don't have any gaming time outside of Guild Wars. I would probably buy it soon but I can't even get the demo to work. I installed it, configured it, opened the appropriate firewall ports and when I try to join a server, it just does not join it. The server browser works and I select a server to join and the screen flickers for a split second and then I'm looking at the server browser again. Any ideas?

astrod00d said:
I'll eventually get BF2 but for now I don't have any gaming time outside of Guild Wars. I would probably buy it soon but I can't even get the demo to work. I installed it, configured it, opened the appropriate firewall ports and when I try to join a server, it just does not join it. The server browser works and I select a server to join and the screen flickers for a split second and then I'm looking at the server browser again. Any ideas?

Do you have the latest version of Directx? Try doing a google search, for it, or visit a troubleshooting forum such as this one

Corpfox said:
That's good your enjoying the game and maybe making a BF2 Chapter.....as for my opinion to BF2, no comment. ;)

I take it that you don't like BF2? :)

I have the latest directx. I tried shutting down my antivirus, zonealarm, and putting my box in the dmz but nothing changed. The forum you linked to had one other person that I could find that is having the same problem and he hasn't found the fix for it either. I guess I'll have to stoop to asking EA's tech support about it. That'll get me a whole bunch of tier 1 tech support questions...lol. Oh well. If I can ever get to run it, I'm sure I'll end up picking it up. I have BF1942+ all 3 expansions and Battlefield Vietnam and played them until they ran out of bullets (including Desert Combat).

Back