Back to PvP I go?

I'm going to want constant updates on this PvP stuff that I can now actually actively participate in now that I have TS AND a microphone...
This also means i get to help make up builds, right? -.o
I've already suggested an all paragon team, but it's risky in the case of any anti-vocal skills. Naturally in my absence I haven't been able to track the use of various builds, so I have no idea if anything I come up with will be already overused and overly countered... Once I get back in the flow (if I ever do, since school begins in 2 weeks...) I'll hopefully be able to be much more involved in the builds...
I also have an idea involving critical scythe assassins, which cause pretty nice AoE damage with the scythe and block 75% at a nearly constant rate as they continue to attack... (They also tend to have a nearly infinite flow of energy and health, due to the critical strikes skills.) We could design a team build involving those assassins also...

The meta has changed a bit since you were last in HA. Now its changing even more with the skill changes. Personally I haven't been able to get into our SoE PvP teams lately because life gets in the way.

are we having one tonight? i'm not seeing any forum activity about it... and i have a limited time to spend playing with summer marching band during the week >.> school starts in 2 weeks, which will tighten up my schedule even more x_x

We ran today. Didn't win anything. But we also started late. Used an idea I've been thinking of. It was rather rough as I was totaly unprepared. But hopefully I'll get builds up soon and we can run the real deal.

I've got a Blood Spike build ready for use if anybody feels like they can PvP sometime today (Saturday)...

8 N/Me spikers

16 Blood Magic and 15 Soul Reaping

Vampiric Spirit, Arcane Echo, Vampiric Gaze, Angorodon's Gaze, Unholy Feast, Signet of Lost Souls, Awaken the Blood, Resurrection Signet

Strategy: Awaken the Blood, pick target, charge target and spike Vampiric Spirit, follow up with Angorodon's Gaze if necessary, Arcane Echo while leader chooses target, Vampiric Gaze spike target and proceed to spike various targets with the three life stealing skills (mostly Vampiric Gaze, since it's echoed, and Vampiric Spirit, which will provide whole team regen).
Once all except 5 targets have been eliminated, the team has the option of travelling to the center of the enemies and hopefully a spike of Unholy Feast will take care of all 5 at once. If not, continue spamming the other spike skills...

I've noticed along the course of a few years in the alliance that people have a sort of wariness about them when it comes to untested ideas... So I've done what I can to test out this build (which was limited simply to using the skills on my own), and I've discovered that the build is virtually indestructable, although it isn't very effective with damage as just 1 person. I can successfully solo up to about 4 warriors with limited assistance, but it takes a very long time. The good thing to know is that it lasts a very long time against almost anything. Another very important thing to mention when introducing this build is that although it does not present an excessively powerful threat as a single person, the team build has unprecedented spike damage. Life stealing is unpreventable, meaning it basically ignores every enchantment, stance, shout, and chant in the book, and more importantly, it ignores armor. That means that the number on the skill is the number that appears over the enemy's head when you use the skill... So basically, when you use 8 spikers with awaken the blood, you will have a 100% chance of removing 472 health from the target with Vampiric Spirit and a 100% chance of removing 544 health from the target with Vampiric Gaze. And if you spike Unholy Feast near no more than 5 enemies, you will cause 608 health loss to all of them (if you do that around more than 5, it will have a chance of picking different targets to steal from and you won't have an entirely effective spike).
So don't get uncomfortable about trying out my new build... I can assure you that if we don't mess ourselves up or get team interrupted every time we cast a spell, we won't get owned everytime.

Back