Back button help in IE

SSquared

Can someone please tell me how I can change my Back button in IE so it doesn't want to requery everytime I go back? On other computers, I hit the Back button and I always just get right back to the page I had in memory. On my computer I keep getting messages like "Warning: Page Expired." And then I need to manually refresh.

This is especially annoying when writing e-mail. Often I finish my message, click on Send, only to find out my login expired. I then click Back, get the expired message and then refresh only to have my 30 minutes of typing completely gone.

I've looked on other computers and can't figure out which option I need so it doesn't do this anymore. I've tried all the options for "check for newer pages" and they all seem to do the same thing.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

that's not a problem with IE, but rather with how the web application is built.

Web application, especially asp.net apps, are usually form processing. what this error is saying, is that you need to resubmit the form that built the previous page to be able to access the previous page

the session expiration, is an entirely different matter. Thats caused by the fact that asp.net (and other server-side languages) have a session timelimit where if you're inactive on a page for that amount of time or longer, then it basically says you're a new visitor.

That makes sense, but I have two conflicting results on two computers. My computer does it and my wife's does not. This becomes very apparent when she does something on my computer and becomes unhappy when she keeps running into this problem. Likewise, sometimes I get frustrated and pop over to her computer so I am not slowed down by constantly having to refresh when I hit the back button.

Thanks ColdSteel. I will look into that. I tried it but then was having problems getting to one of the sites which was problematic.

there's an option in internet explorer where you can reset the default settings have you tried that? Also perhaps update to IE 6 ifyou haven't already may help.

Back