Awkward Position

Plankeye

I have been presented a very awkward position. As of two weeks ago, I let my account expire in WoW so that I could go back to school and not loose focus. During those two weeks, I have seen something I put a lot of time and effort into fall apart at the seems. I desperatly want it to stop but I am seemingly powerless to do anything about it. The forums are the only way for me to keep in touch with what is happening and in the public forums all I see is hatred spewing forth at an alarming rate. The private staff forums have become all but silent. I can only assume because the officers have reached their breaking points.

So here is the awkward position I am in. I appear to be the only active moderator for the WoW forums. I know there is a ton of emotions running through everyone right now. I am physically unable to get information needed to respond to all that is happening on these forums (and I can not renew my WoW account because of a promise I made to myself and my wife). So, I am going to force a heavy hand on all threads related to this break until someone steps upto the plate and takes on some form of leadership and direction to get everyone past this.

I can only hope you understand. My intent is to not let things spiral any further out of control. I do hope both parties will get back to having fun again someday. But right now I am laying down the law that if you don't have anything good to say, it will be edited/closed/deleted by me until things calm down.

I understand your position but please consider that the public forums on here are the only means of communication between the officers of the 2 guilds as I have no access to any private forums to help work this out. I am also the only officer of the new guild at this time besides the guild leader so I represet 50 people. Please be patient with us Plankeye at least until the website and forums for the other guild are up and then we can move the discussion there if you like. Thank you for you help.

Last edited:
I also can not believe what i am seeing . Now we are being CENCERED ...either we have the same opinion as you.... or.... talk like you want us to talk.... or..... agree with what you say or we cant be apart of this forum. Is This what Redeeemed is being reduced to. People can say what they want but we cant respond back with a difference of oppinion. Something is really wrong here.

Last edited:
Young. You are reading way to much into this. If you paid attention to what I wrote this is what I see. Lots of flames in the public forums such as your very post in this thread and no active officers in redeemed responding. So yes, if you do flame someone I will censor you. There is way to much hate going on at the moment that people aren't thinking straight. You have so much emotion built up into this that you can't even see what limits I am faced with but are just attacking to attack. I don't have an active wow account. I know less then 25% of what is actually going on. There appears to be no active wow staff leadership at the moment yet tons of flames going on in the public forums.

What can I do? Let them continue to go on and ignite further or put a stop to it and hope that everyone takes a breather and calms down and something productive can come from this. I am choosing to force everyone to take a breather. If you don't agree with that, that is fine, I can't help you there.

I understand your position but please consider that the public forums on here are the only means of communication between the officers of the 2 guilds as I have no access to any private forums to help work this out.

I am very afraid that your posts are falling on deaf ears at the moment as the staff has all but vacated with a few exceptions like Icthus. I can not and will not speak for CGamer. But CGamer has not made a single reply to any of the heated discussions this week. So with no active leadership in this matter, I can only ask that everyone keeps the discussion civil.

I also can not believe what i am seeing . Now we are being CENCERED ...either we have the same opinion as you.... or.... talk like you want us to talk.... or..... agree with what you say or we cant be apart of this forum. Is This what Redeeemed is being reduced to. People can say what they want but we cant respond back with a difference of oppinion. Something is really wrong here.

I guess he is asking us to post with more diplomacy and less hostility....to make his job easier and still get our point across. I beleive we can do our best to help the Sandman. Remember that the people in Redeemed are fun to play with and this is a game. I'm kind of numb from the emotional rollercoaster I've been on for 2 weeks...some people need time to catch up.

I can understand your positioning. What i am having trouble with is People are saying things that are hurtfully things and when someone tries to defend themselves from what was said they get stopped ..but that original hurtfully thing is still up there.... and if one is going to be stopped then they all need to be stopped....no favor to one over the other.

I can understand your positioning. What i am having trouble with is People are saying things that are hurtfully things and when someone tries to defend themselves from what was said they get stopped ..but that original hurtfully thing is still up there.... and if one is going to be stopped then they all need to be stopped....no favor to one over the other.

Then use the reporting tool to bring the post to the moderator's attention, and give an explanation why it should be mod'ed.

Moderators here have a VERY fine line to walk in regards to what they think should be done, especially since so much of what we're dealing with is subject to intrepretation. Baiting is a very subjective thing, and while we (mods) may easily discern a post as flaming, we usually try to err on the side of caution when it comes to baiting.

Basically what Plankeye is saying is for everyone to post nice, or else the mods as a whole will become very draconian in how we mod this section of the forums.

On a secondary note about that, if that still does not work and people here continue to bait/flame/be rude to each other, I will request that this forum become fully moderated until such time as me and/or Tek determines that it doesn't need to be fully modded.

I can appreciate what you are saying....

The thread where this was started at was under Lion of Juda's " Thoughts and Ramblings" And the last person who posted, said these words "There's kind of a vibe of 'Shame on you guys for leaving Redeemed' when I know some of the people posting have left also. LionofJudah, I don't know what your reasons where. Odale, same. So why are our reasons for leaving different from yours? Maybe there are good reasons but I'd like hear 'em."

I dont see this as inflamitory at all. I thought it was well written. This is just communications ... If this statement is unacceptable ..Then... Yes....Redeemed has problems

Thank you Goblit. Young, my intent is any and all threads. If I don't appear to be coming off that way, please give me a heads up via PM as I assure you it is unintentional and only because I have limited time frames that I can even jump on here to moderate. So if i cut off a discussion because it is going down hill it is because I was on at that moment and I saw it going south. Not because I am trying to pick on anyone. Fare?

I took Osirys out of Redeemed so that i could explore end-game content. At the time, the game was not very enjoyable. MC wasnt too much fun anymore and the Drama was taking a toll on me. So I chose to leave and get sort of a break in and try to find new reasons to play the game.

The thread where this was started at was under Lion of Juda's " Thoughts and Ramblings" And the last person who posted, said these words "There's kind of a vibe of 'Shame on you guys for leaving Redeemed' when I know some of the people posting have left also. LionofJudah, I don't know what your reasons where. Odale, same. So why are our reasons for leaving different from yours? Maybe there are good reasons but I'd like hear 'em."

And Goblit had the last word on the Thread "Issue of Concer" before I closed. Trust me, I am not trying to add to this. The best analogy I can give you is what I remember from high school. I remember getting into a fight one time in the hallway with a friend. Our principal broke it up and set us in seperate rooms to cool down. Had he not done that, we would have continued to fight until one of us broke something or got knocked out. Fights happen, it is a part of life, but reconciliation can't happen when punches are still being thrown by both sides. So please see this for what I am trying to do, keep everyone civil, lets all cool down so that when everyone does come to the table, it can be a meaningful discussion.

Plankeye........ Fair ...... Thank you for the respect...... I just looked at the thread and Zazzy was the last one.

You might want to let ZAZZY know that he wasn't the inflamitory part of the thread if he wasn't. Cuzz it looks like he was whom you were addressing.

WOOT!

I can feel the love...can you?

Gestapo!

Not trying to flame just bringing out another point of view.

You have an odd way of not trying to flame. I don't think I quite see how calling the Mods the gestapo is another point of view.

The Mods job on the forums is to ensure that they are a nice place to be. That there's not any hate, flaming, name calling, baiting, etc going on. Ideally, that would happen automatically and everyone would get along, and I would be able to once more not have to worry about what headache is going to pop up out of one of ToJ's subforums.

As for your comments on love, do you think that I or another mod hates the people here? That we hate the people behind the posts that we delete or edit?

Let me clue you in, if I didn't love every single one of you, I'd let you all tear yourselves down with the hate and the spite and the anger that have been in some of the posts that I have moderated over the years.

If Plankeye didn't love every single one of you, he'd not worry about the "awkward position" he has found himself in.

The Mods don't do this for power (and if I thought one was, I'd be advocating for the removal of that person as a mod). The Mods do this because we all genuinely love the forums and the people who are here.

Do we catch everything? No.

Are we right everytime? Of course not.

We're human, and we're better than not having mods.

I would say the same things in your shoes .......But how ,when and where can a person express themselves . where at can I say : "I dont like what you are saying ...or what your saying about me... or this is my difference of oppinion." ?

I moderated at Christian Forums for a year and a half, and although I very much appreciate a more open atmosphere, I also recognize that the mods are there to prevent flame wars.

As an active participant who is NOT getting emotionally worked up in these threads, I wish they could continue. When I looked at the last page or two in the closed threads, I have to admit I probably would have closed them myself if I were a moderator here.

Many things HAVE been worked out in the last few days. People who left have a better understanding of why those who stayed got upset, and people who stayed better understand that the most common reason for joining Sanctification was to raid with friends, not a widespread grudge against Redeemed. Unfortunately, as the forums have heated up, we've all been airing our dirty laundry and sniping at each other, but the fact remains that the majority of the members of Redeemed have no problem with the majority of members in Sanctification.

I'm afraid I've been one of the people that brought up little issues in our discussion of how to reconcile the two guilds -- I should have been much more careful to stay focused and avoid bringing up personal gripes. Plankeye has no problem with that, and if we can focus on moving on rather than pointing fingers, I don't think anybody WANTS to stop us!

Earlier this week I posted a angry piece of info. Shortly after I did, I felt really bad about what I had written. It was from my Flesh and not my Heart. I really wish I could have removed the post before some people saw it. Unfortunately some did.

The great thing is that Kidan caught it early and removed it before I could. He sent me a PM saying that he removed it and that I should look over what I had written as it was very emotional and could cause new flames to follow. Wow was I so glad he did that. I made a poor choice but luckily a Moderator got to it before it caused even more harm then it did.

This is a mod's job in action and I want to applaud him for this.

Guys... please give them a break, the mods here have a thankless job and they don't get paid. Christian forums are notorious for getting out of control. (check out a Calvinism vs Arminianism forum one day...ack!) This is not censorship, this is protecting us from ourselves and from hurting others with our tongues.

edit: yay for grammar.

I'm just gonna put my two cents in for Young since he asked about motivations to leave and such.

For me, it was two fold, first, I wanted to explore deeper into endgame than what was available to Redeemed. I'm a fairly hardcore gamer in general, I enjoy the challenge of new encounters and new content, without which I will for the most part get bored and move on. At the point where I moved Miri to HK during the summer, I had to decide for myself basically whether I would quit wow (losing interest) or move the char somewhere where I would still be engaged.

Which leads also to the second fold - For me WoW is really a place to come and relax and unwind, spend time with friends (Christian and non-Christian), and enjoy the game in the context of the game. For me, the drama in Redeemed led to alot of stress (which I have enough of during the day), so that instead of being able to have fun and unwind, I felt more tense and more pressure.

Again these are my reasons alone. For what it's worth, IRL, I tend to be more heavily a vision person and less so a people person. I've also always been very indepedent. These traits are neither good nor bad, but they do have strengths and weaknesses.

Re: the current overall discussion, I don't really have any pertinent commentary, but I've spent anywhere from a little to alot of time with various people in Redeemed (and Sanctified, and others) and for me, I've met alot of really cool people who care alot about others. I hope that things will be worked out.

Back