Audio Adrenaline is throwing in the towel at the end of the year

MeridianFlight

Apparently Mark Stuart's vocals aren't holding up anymore, here's the article from CCM Magazine.

http://www.ccmmagazine.com/musicnews/1745.aspx

Do you think there's anyway TobyMac, Kevin Max, and Michael Tait can be convinced to reform and return as DC Talk? This is getting a little ridiculous. Petra and the O.C. Supertones were two other longstanding members of the Christian Rock guard (Petra perhaps the founder) to end their runs recently. It's not as if the more recently emerged bands are staying together either, with Seven Places, Subseven, Further Seems Forever, and PAX 217 all either already signed off or making final preperations to do so.

Who's next? Third Day? Newsboys? Skillet?!? When does it end?!?

All good things must come to an end, I guess. I can't really blame them, I'm sure it's very tough being a in a professional band. (even though that"s what i want to do..)

They can't last forever. I was pretty saddened to hear Sixpence and Benjamin Gate breaking up. With old bands quitting, it allows new ones to take their place.

Weazel said:
They can't last forever. I was pretty saddened to hear Sixpence and Benjamin Gate breaking up. With old bands quitting, it allows new ones to take their place.
Good point.

Audio A has one of the most fun live CCM shows I've ever been to. Very showy and some great audience participation. Shame to see them go.

I first saw Audio A at rainy Atlantafest '98 at Six Flags over Atlanta. It rained all day, and then when it stopped raining, they came on. They got about halfway into "We're A Band", their opener, when the heavens opened up again, and rain ruined their equipment. Needless to say, I was bummed, and so were they, especially since their equipment shorted out. However, they came out with no mike, no amps, and played "Big House" on an acoustic guitar, snare and a cymbal. Awesome that despite their huge disappointment, they were able to at least give us some reward for standing outdoors in a monsoon for three hours to see them.

well christian music isn't dying.. it's becoming nearly a 1 Billion dollar-a-year business... also might i suggest checking The Classic Crime out.. very very talented.. i can't wait for their debut!

Do you think there's anyway TobyMac, Kevin Max, and Michael Tait can be convinced to reform and return as DC Talk?

No, especially because Kevin Max was interviewed and he denied it, he said the spirit of the thing is dead and stuff like that.

i'm willing to place money that they will do a farewell album before they make it official.....i mean they all did a track together on Toby Mac's new cd.....

BeLoVeD said:
i'm willing to place money that they will do a farewell album before they make it official.....i mean they all did a track together on Toby Mac's new cd.....
...which track?

Welcome To Diverese City! it was a remix of a track that appeared earlier on the same CD, the one with DC Talk is Atmosphere [Remix] (featuring DC Talk)

Back