ATTENTION: Very Important Info for TOJ Minecraft Players

Catakou

Great things are happening in regards to TOJ Minecraft!! Here's the scoop on what's happening within the week.

We are moving servers. Without getting into all the technical stuff, just know that this move has many, many pluses from the admin side of things. And from what we understand, it's fast, that's all most people really care about right? So, as a player, that's all ya really need to know and enjoy ... the rest, you can just relax and have no worries about. But, we know you want more info so ...

Want to know more about the whole new world *Disney music starts to play* that we will be moving to? Here are some things we're sure you will want to know about:

We will be moving to a new 1.8 map (same version that Advent was). We know, we wanted to update to 1.9 also, but this is dictated by technical stuff, so it's just how it has to be. Sorry.

Ok, now pay attention very closely and don't get upset until you finish reading this WHOLE paragraph. Ok, you ready? Gamma stuff will not be coming with us at this time. HOWEVER, rest assured that there are many minds working on getting your Gamma buildings over as soon as possible. BUT, NO ITEMS/CHESTS, will be brought, it will strictly be buildings. You will understand as we lay out some of the other things that will be on this server. As far as Advent stuff goes, nothing will be brought over. We know this is hard to take, but after extensive discussion, it was decided that Advent was ALWAYS advertised as a Temporary map. So, once again, sorry.

That was all the bad news, now, on to some good news!!!

o We will have access to several maps. At the current time there will be 3 Normal worlds, 1 Skyland, and 1 Nether. The Nether will be a limited size, however, you can roam on any of the other worlds as far as you want - no limits. Like that don't ya?

o Maps will update within 24 hours of the announcements from Mojang (not with pre-releases however). Hold on to your hats for this one! ALL FUTURE MAPS will come with us to the update. Some maps may not be compatible and become unplayable, however, they will still be available and be playable at your own risk. So the only reason we will loose a world, will be because of technical issues. Don't you like the sound of that? Yeah, we thought you would.

o Portals will be available but only built by admins. Think of these as airports or transporters (beam me up Scotty!). There will be signs that tell you where they will take you. You will also be able to teleport to other players UPON REQUEST. The other player has to grant your request, so no surprise pop ins. If you get lost, type /spawn.

o There are also warp points and you can even set your own. However beds established points only work until you warp somewhere, so remember that. But there is also a /home command so it's all good, you'll be able to get back to where you want to.

o All TOJ Members will receive a special TOJ Kit - Aren't you just special now? Consider it a consolation prize for what is being given up. In the kit will be Iron tools (shovel, pick axe, axe, and sword), 5 apples, and 64 logs.

o There will be a couple of zones and player types. Some players will start out as a Normal Player. The zone that Normal Players and everyone will be able to build in will be the Free Build zone. This will be a little less than 220 x 220 area in each of the 5 worlds.

Once you are whitelisted and become a TOJ Player, you will be able to build ALMOST anywhere else [area to be officially named later]. The reason it says ALMOST is that there will be some private build areas that you will not be able to build in and these will be marked.

Then there are snow ball throwers. How do you get to be a snow ball thrower? Break the rules. If you get to be a snow ball thrower, you are being put in time out for not obeying the rules and that is all you can do, throw snowballs.

Who will we be playing with? TOJ Members and other players. We will be playing on a server with other players. It is published on secular server lists. TOJ players will have a blue name with a TOJ tag. There will also be TOJ guards and TOJ admins, just like we had in previous servers, however, now everyone will be color coded.

o There are some other cool things that you can discover as you adventure out.

**Orchards - that's why we gave you apples. You can have apple trees now!

**An economy system called Realshops for a little demo, you can check out this youtube video. This economy is the reason that we will not be bringing any items with us into this new world. That just wouldn't be fair, now would it?

**Casting ... this is something you will have to learn by talking to designated people. With casting you will be able to shoot arrows from you stick, warp to anything you see, jump really high, summon minions to fight with you ... sounding interesting? We'll let you know more about how to get this later.

Well, that's probably a lot of info to digest. However, it is important that you read the rules ... yes there will be rules.

Server Rules:

--Aspire to be like Christ--
Thou Shalt Not:

Trash the Bible
Use Inapropriate Language, especially toward others
Destroy others' signed work

TOJ Rules:
Be Respectful.
Be Ethical.
Use Common Sense.
Do not Destroy or Modify Any Player Creations Without Permission.
Do not Build Over or Under Anyone’s Structures Without Permission.
Do not Steal Anything From Chests, Furnaces & Dispensers.
Do not Place Lava, TNT Or Fire Near Anyone’s Buildings/Structures.
Do not Be Annoying!
Keep All Language And Subject Matter G Rated. Acronyms And Suggestive Material Is Not Allowed.
Abandoned Structures Can & Will Be Destroyed By Admins.

Alrighty then, open for questions? PLEASE KEEP TO ONLY RELEVANT QUESTIONS ON THIS FORUM POST.

question... What ever happened to our roots on why we started?.... Survival?... warps and iconomy like plugins? i dont think the server will be the same q_q

No one was willing to pay for the server so we go where we can go. Bascomm is letting us come over there and they have room so we put up with whatever they have running

Last edited:
Survival?... warps and iconomy like plugins? i dont think the server will be the same q_q

It's still survival if you want it to be. It shouldn't be much different - we'll still pick on you pro. :p

No one was willing to pay for the server so we go where we can go. Bascomm is letting us come over there and they have room so we put up with whatever they have running

Actually, it wasn't just because of the financial end of things. There were many, many reasons for the move. There are also issues of personnel, time and issues regarding upgrades.

Last edited:
Could you pease elaborate what 5 worlds means? I am still pretty noobsh and some of this stuff in this post is going over my head.

A world is basically a world seed, like beta, gamma, or advent. its the generation of the land in different formations and sometimes the attributes of the worlds are different, in the case of the nether you get lava-seas and ghast spawn there. Or the skylands, which has floating islands with no bedrock bottom and no oceans.

Catakou is stating that there isn't just one world to play on, you can try out more than one if you so choose.

Could you pease elaborate what 5 worlds means? I am still pretty noobsh and some of this stuff in this post is going over my head.

Can you believe that Cata is asleep?? Ok, I'll try to answer.

o We will have access to several maps. At the current time there will be 3 Normal worlds, 1 Skyland, and 1 Nether. The Nether will be a limited size, however, you can roam on any of the other worlds as far as you want - no limits. Like that don't ya?

3 Normal Worlds, that will look similar to Advent
1 Skyland, it's kind of like islands in the middle of the sky (I attached a picture)
1 Nether, just like the one in Advent

Portals are available which will take you to each world. TOJ will have designated area's to build in, so we can still have "community".

View attachment 1440

Please ask any noob questions, because there are probably others that want to know, but don't want to appear as a noob and ask the question.

My question is this: Is there any way we can have the free build areas more clearly defined? Last time I tried this server (admittedly it was the only time) I died several times because I couldn't find where to get food or make shelter, and if I fell in a hole, I was trapped because blocks couldn't be broken.

Which, in a sense, will make our job as guardians more useful because if we're on and you guys get trapped, we can help bring you back to safety without losing all your inventory.

Directions to FreeBuild

My question is this: Is there any way we can have the free build areas more clearly defined? Last time I tried this server (admittedly it was the only time) I died several times because I couldn't find where to get food or make shelter, and if I fell in a hole, I was trapped because blocks couldn't be broken.
In the past 2 weeks, we did the following, to make it easier for new players to get to free build:

1) Added 4 more signs to spawn pointing to freebuild (this makes a total of 12 signs).

2) Added a direct portal at spawn, that goes directly to freebuild on the "EV" world.

3) Added 6 signs at differing location at EV station that point to freebuild on the "EV" world.

4) Removed a wall that was blocking easy access to EV freebuild.

5) Placed more signs in the "Psalms" world to accurately point to the freebuild area in Psalms.

Spawn is a bit random. Players get to spawn by typing "/spawn" or death before sleeping in a bed.

Comming Soon: Direction to type "/spawn", to go to spawn, will be placed on our message of the day. Our MOTD is always shown to users entering the server.

Koah, I was on this world last night for the first time. And it seemed pretty clear to me. In addition, I was able to type /spawn and return to spawn area. So getting stuck in a hole wouldn't have been an issue.

I even died at the free build area and was able to find my way back very easy to retrieve my stuff.

I don't mean to sound like a nay sayer or a complainer and I apologize if I came across a bit negative. Plus it's been a while since I last tried the server. So I was only curious. Thanks for clearing it up, and I look forward to working with you guys on the new server!

Comming Soon: Direction to type "/spawn", to go to spawn, will be placed on our message of the day. Our MOTD is always shown to users entering the server.

MOTD updated:
*SPAWN-FREEBUILD PORTAL: type /spawn
*RULES: type /rules
*COMMANDS: type /help

THE CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE - WHEN YOU LOG INTO THE TOJ SERVER, YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE NEW SERVER NOW.

Once you have spawned into the new world you will NEED to contact Catakou or a guard to set your permissions. You may also pick up your special gift by typing '/kits tojkit' These will be available for a limited time.

After that you can follow the freebuild signs to where you will find a portal to TOJ Station. There are plenty of signs, it shouldn't be hard to find. When you exit it out of the portal, you will be in TOJ Station. You can choose to go into the world you are in, or use the portals to go to other TOJ areas. If a sign says TOJ and Trusted players, then that means you will be building where people other than TOJ are building. If you build in a TOJ only area, it will only be TOJ people building there.

Head on out and claim your spot. Please try not to build right at the beginning of the world. Venture in a bit. BLSimpson and I have already claimed a couple of places a little ways out. See if you can find us. *wink*

Remember, we are limited to building in the TOJ Private area or in TOJ/Trusted areas, but we can go on to infinity in that direction. So basically, our space is not limited like before.

Once you find your place, don't forget to set your home return point by typing '/home set'. To return you can type '/home'.

Other commands of interest that you will have are:

area, back, backup, cast, chat, global,gps,group,help,home,kit, local, localtoggle,lock,login,me,money,motd,register,reply,rs,servertime,tell,time,unlock,visit,warp,who

Type "/help COMMAND" Where COMMAND put in the name of the command.

GPS is a good one to know, it will give you your coordinates.

Using lock will lock your boxes.

Please, bear with us during this transition time. Your admins and the server admins are working hard to make this a great place for us to play. Don't not play just because of what you think it will be like. Give it an honest try.

So far as I can tell, it isn't any different than playing on our TOJ servers except with a few nice little "plug ins" like /home and gps.

Last edited:
If u want to play in the Freebuild area, that's fine too. Be careful, new players logging in from the secular lists have access to Freebuild too. Freebuild is greifed often!

I'm gonna stick on the ToJ 1.9 pr4 server for now, but I will join you all when the games goes live and you update!

Good question. I'm now getting a "disconnected by server - protocol error"

*edit* once I emptied my bin folder and opened minecraft, I was able to connect again.

*edit edit* This also seems to have reset my permissions. I can't even build in the toj dedicated area, nor does the /kits tojkit seem to work. I would *really* like to play with you guys one of these days. Let me know when everything is fixed and ready for us.

Last edited:
Yes, he upgraded his internet connection. As far my experience has gone, there is only lag when people are generating new map areas.

The permissions is like the whitelist. Sorry it has to all start over.

Again, patience is what is needed at this moment. Don't be discouraged.

Back