Atowns prayer thread

update: im doing much better, today i actually went to classes, but throat still a bit sore and coughing up lotsa really thick flem. one more week of school then finals week then spring break. pray for us as we near the end of this quarter that we'll persevere well. i was accepted to WSU so i'll be attending there in the fall, my parents have a home there so i'll be setup well without paying for dorms. star will however need to pay for dorms. so we'll see what God has planned

ive been having literally the weekend from hell. i failed on some convictions, my motherboard fried, i went to pick up an elderly lady from the ferry dock and my car battery died, sat for 2 1/2 hours while taxi drivers yelled at me, almst got in a wreck cuz a truck couldt see my under-lit headlights, had no power for wipers so i drove home without them in the rain, and thankfully i know my road so well i dont need to see where im going to get there when blinded by peoples headlights on a windsheild full of water............ gah >_<

ive been having literally the weekend from hell.
Hang in there, we're praying for you.

And if there's no other consolation, know that while your weekend may have been "from hell," remember that you won't be living there forever. :D

woooooo ZOMG FINALS!!!! im takin a poly sci final and math final today and tomorrow i have an english final (my english teachers wierd like that) and then im done, im not sure when starr's are but yeah she should be having em too

well i finished finals and i need to double check on some grades with my professors but otherwise i should be good to go. i started a new quarter with starr in my astronomy class which is delightful ^_^. pray for my family though, my dad shelled out $1500 to get a new engine for my car and will take another $1600 to put it in. and.... he just told my mom after the fact >.>

alright everyone, i got a biggy. this week is Skillsusa STate Compitition. I'll be leading 20+ kids to another city from thursday to saturday night, in like 6+ compititions. we got alot going, including myself doing chapter display and web page design. Pray our group is successful and just spank everyone else like we have done in the past :D .

a bigger note is ive noticed every time i try and do something i hit a 10foot wall that im stuck crawling over. whether it be printers malfuctioning or transcoding video for the 5 time on a 2 hour taped special for my ASL teacher , its just been amazing whats been thrown in my face, so please pray for my safty and protection and patience. thankyou

wow sorry guys forgot to update this one.

we won medals in 8 different catagories and qualified 15 kids for nationals in the summer, which means we now get to raise $10,000 >_< . Jehova Jireh though, always takes care of us. we have 10 kids flying and 5 driving over which will also be carrying my chapter display. i actually failed at my pressentation pretty badly because the guy who was my judge i knew him and he is like....... mean lol. in the last 3 years that hes been in skillsusa hes said maybe 12 words to me, including compitition day when he said: bremerton chapter, we're ready. so i mean yeah, and it through me off cuz your not allowed to say ur chapter, city, or anything during the compittion just ur contestant number. and then they put me in this giant room and i kept echoing and tripping over myself >_< so bad, but the other displays were negative points due to size restrictions so yeah i won lol. there was 1 sad part in it though, starr got 4th in her promotional bulletin board and wont be coming to nationals. we would like too but the money is just too much to spare for someone who didt win which saddens me cuz a couple others i had to tell no as well and its like... >_< .

ive also had strep which is now getting better thankfully and i'll get back to school soon, but im waaaaaaaaaay behind so yeah. pray i can get caught up in astronomy, asl 2, and math. thanks all

Well something pretty big but i think will be for the better. me n starr have hidden the relationship from my parents for multiple reasons, and one of them being that they might not pay for my college in the fall. we've put the relationship (not the friendship) on hold for now until we can be truely honest and open about it, and that would be at the end of summer when i could possibly have enough money for college myself and have a plan of action and brace for the worse. we think it will be a more possitive thing for us to be doing and we both feel really good about the situation. in alot of ways it wasnt fair to starr on alot of levels and while im under 18 i need to honor my folks so relationship/friendship wise it should improve things and spiritually being honest and not having that block in our lifes should also bring us closer to God. its still really wierd and sometimes akward but like i said, we both feel good about the situation and gives us more time to mature too. so please pray for continual wisdom and guidance. thank you

Last edited:
God ftw!

Yes, we believe that the deceitfulness made us pay heavy prices. It was causing us to "rot on the inside," or so to speak. It's amazing how something like that can really mess you over. I thank God so much for my parents. Despite the insanity my dad has (he's borderline and schitzophrentic) and the paranoia my mom has, they both are childern of God and have so much wisdom and love. It's truely amazing.
If ya'll want to, g2 mysapce.com/starrs_universe because I like to keep any and all friends close. Eh, but let's not mention the enemies ^_~
Anywayz, if we held our relationship under a box so that his parents didn't know, he would basically be "stealing" from his parents because they specifically said that they did not want Atown to date anyone during his time at school. That includes even me. If he does, they will withold any financial aid from him and call it "tough love." It is really their decision and their right to do such a thing, but I still do not believe it is what God wants of them.
I feel sort of selfish, asking Atown to reveal what we really feel about each other and that we want to be together because he will receive no money and will have to work on his own. Me, on the other hand, will be receiving some aid from my folks. So I desperately pray his parents will come around and that they listen to the Lord. I feel selfish also that I put myself in front of him. But my dad explained it as putting our relationship in front of ourselves, which makes alot of sense. We would both be dragging ourselves in the dirt with a noose around our necks if we tried to avoid each other. So yes, we could go to WSU without dating and he could receive aid from his parents, but that literally will degenerate our relationship exponentially. So, the best option is to face his parents with honesty, and with a plan to support himself without them.
*Starr*

just a quick note. we've been really busy and finals are coming up so plz pray we can do well this upcoming week. also stuff with starr has been amazingly good and God continues to bless us immensly. i think though we have been having a bout with materialism and wanting things cuz we both want mac products and so many other things we want but cant afford. continue praying for us cuz it really is working.

on a side note stuff has been going amazingly good with brother. hes starting to come back to the lord and hes actually about to open a shop called "Bagels and Brew" in washington state univerity home town. Brew refers to coffee and beer, and that would be catering to families and the college students because pullman is known as a "party school" even though its not that bad anymore, the kids still like to drink alot so it works. but hes getting back on the path, slowly but surely.

hey guys its this time of year again, where im off for 1 1/2 week to skillsusa nationals where i'll be presenting my chapter display which i'll post pics of later and so yeah. skillsusa.org is great for looking it up. 5000 competitors from all around the country and over 15000 people at the event total. so pray we do well and traveling mercys for the van ride

Back