Are you willing to give it all away

Well, first of all it's a very old word. Personally there IS one thing I don't like about the homosexual community and that's their penchant for stealing words from the English language and placing them off limits.

So far we've lost....

1. Faggot (because homosexuals used to be burned. A faggot is a bundle of kindling.

2. Gay (Because it's a stereotype of camp homosexuals to be chirpy and upbeat).

3. Queer (Odd, different, strange. This is a word not so much hijacked by the homosexual community as by the homophobic community)

Eon

You know: I've seen that for all three ones you mention. Gay, queer and faggot.
All English....hmm.
Faggots for the fire....heheh. I'll never look at homos the same way again.
And yeah, I like the word queer, for odd, or strange, when those become redundant, queer is a good word to use.
ANd yes, and I don't think it's so much from homophobics, as for homo-haters (don't know the word for it). Myself I have no fear of becoming homosexual, but I do have an aversion to gays. That doesn't mean I think I'll become one, so much as I dislike them.

I have aquaintances and co-workers that are homosexual. Granted I don't approve of theirlife style but I don't disliek them. I will admit that if I was single etc I wouldn't consider a bi-sexual or anything of that nature.

you see? Don't approve of their lifstyle, but don't necessarily dislike them.
I swore someone would say something like that. It seems to be the general opinion to avoid being branded as intolerant. "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

uhh did I say somethibng wrong? granted I think their intercourse is unnatural (and gross in my opinion), but I don't blame or hate them for anything.

Back