Are you this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirl

on to something new...
2 Peter 2:20-22 (MsgB)
If they've escaped from the slum of sin by experiencing our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ, and then slid back into that same old life again, they're worse than if they had never left. [21] Better not to have started out on the straight road to God than to start out and then turn back, repudiating the experience and the holy command. [22] They prove the point of the proverbs, "A dog goes back to its own vomit," and, "A scrubbed-up pig heads for the mud."

Proverbs 26:11 (MsgB)
As a dog eats its own vomit,
so fools recycle silliness.

Have you accepted...
1 Cor. 3:19 (MsgB)
Be God's fool—that's the path to true wisdom. What the world calls smart, God calls stupid. It's written in Scripture,
He exposes the chicanery ( http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/chicanery ) of the chic. (definition added for clarity, emphasis added)

Job 5:13 (MsgB)
He catches the know-it-alls in their conspiracies—
all that intricate intrigue swept out with the trash!

BEWARE!!! Be aware!!!

:D

That was a lot of words that pretty much boiled down to "I don't care how stupid I sound, I am right and you are wrong and no amount of proof is going to change that."

And somehow the smarter you are the more Evil you are...

"Lookee here boys, looks like we got ourselves a READER..."

Is this you?

1 Cor 1
26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

Why are you always accusing me of things?

It's an honest question, one that you didn't answer I might add.

I am inquisitive, not bitter. What in my last post sounded bitter? I didn't say anything that wasn't said in the OP.

What exactly is YOUR problem? This is the fourth post you've tried to make it sound like I'm upset and bitter. Either refrain from doing so or explain yourself FULLY.

Dark Virtue said:
Just clarifying.

Is that how Christians see themselves? As God's stupid chosen? The dregs of society?

Here ya go DV, read this translation...
1 Cor. 1:25-31 (MsgB)
Human wisdom is so tinny, so impotent, next to the seeming absurdity of God. Human strength can't begin to compete with God's "weakness."
[26] Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don't see many of "the brightest and the best" among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. [27] Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, [28] chose these "nobodies" to expose the hollow pretensions of the "somebodies"? [29] That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. [30] Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. [31] That's why we have the saying, "If you're going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God." (emphasis added)

This view:
Is that how Christians see themselves? As God's stupid chosen? The dregs of society?
(emphasis added)

It's the WORLDS view, not GOD'S. So as the verse is proving, what the World says is "little," God has made "big," in His eyes, by His hands.

See DV, it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks, it ONLY matters what God thinks.

Dark Virtue said:
Something tells me it DOES matter what others think of you.

I can't find the passage right now, but there's a verse in one of Paul's letters where he tells Christians to be open to criticism. While ultimately it only matters what God thinks, I think being aware of how others perceive you can be some sort of gauge as to how you're actually living. So to some extent, yes, I believe it does matter what others think of you, but Christians need to be careful in evaluating this.

IceBladePOD said:
I can't find the passage right now, but there's a verse in one of Paul's letters where he tells Christians to be open to criticism. While ultimately it only matters what God thinks, I think being aware of how others perceive you can be some sort of gauge as to how you're actually living. So to some extent, yes, I believe it does matter what others think of you, but Christians need to be careful in evaluating this.

Ice, I disagree with you.

We need to care how people FEEL, but not what they THINK.

God's views are the only views that need to matter. Because it's His views that gave us the way to Heaven.

Dark Virtue said:
Why do you care about how others FEEL about you, but not what they THINK about you?

What is the difference?

The difference is...

It's not how they FEEL about ME, I don't matter. It's about how they FEEL about THEMSELVES. Like God, I don't want anyone to go to Hell, hence why I started this thread.

I really care less what people THINK about me. I know how God feels about me, and I am nothing but what He says I am. His view of me, is the only view I need.

PastorWirl said:
Ice, I disagree with you.

We need to care how people FEEL, but not what they THINK.

God's views are the only views that need to matter. Because it's His views that gave us the way to Heaven.

I'm going to find that verse, but remain open to the possibility that I have rememebered it out of context. I've got some letter reading to do.

You don't believe we should at least analyze the criticisms of others? Sure, there's a strong possibility much of it will be unfounded, but what if some of it isn't? If it doesn't conflict or contradict how we should live for God, isn't there some benefit to be had from it?

IceBladePOD said:
You don't believe we should at least analyze the criticisms of others? Sure, there's a strong possibility much of it will be unfounded, but what if some of it isn't? If it doesn't conflict or contradict how we should live for God, isn't there some benefit to be had from it?

ONLY, and I mean ONLY if the criticism lines up with the WORD of GOD.

Hence, then it would be of GOD, and not just someone trying to cause conflict or contradict anything.

The Bible can cover ANY subject and address it. There is nothing in there that God has not already given provision for.

IceBladePOD said:
I'm going to find that verse, but remain open to the possibility that I have rememebered it out of context. I've got some letter reading to do.

NP, bro, I can't wait to see what you find, because if its in the WORD its worth typing here.

PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!

DV if I may ask, if you feel fine being an atheist and think that it is the right decision why pray tell are you even responding to this post let alone even being in "Christian Gamers Alliance" as a member? Did you not say in another post to Michaelpi, that you wanted to learn as to why we believe in God. And did you not say that you were a christian at one point in your life. Then logically you should already have your answers. Never the less here you are still searching for answers. And don't get me wrong, thats a good thing. One of the reasons I ask such a question to you is, you seem to turn a post around to make it about you and your decision to be an atheist. So really whats your story and why did you turn from christianity to atheizm? Please indulge us with your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back