Are you a  Christian?

Narnia

I'm curious. I have visited this site just to read the dialog and have posted a response a few times. It appears to me that the ones doing most of the talking are not Christians and I wonder why you are always here.

Also, for those of you that call yourselves Christians, I would like to know why you consider yourself a Christian. In other words, if somone asked you what it means to be a Christian how would you answer?

i am a christian, i believe that the blood of Christ has saved me and i am His servant with a renewed heart

Your a Christian if you accept the Nicene creed, basically your one who follows the teachings of Christ and believes he is our saviour.

I am a Christian. I follow the teachings of Christ and study the word of God. I believe that Christ came and died for my sins.

Cory

I don't know what I am, I haven't decided. Could I just be confused.

I believe to believe on the LORD Jesus Christ, His death, burial, and resurrection is what it means to be saved, our sins washed away, forgiven, forgotten by God, and to know an eternal home in Heaven with Him.  This is what the Bible teaches.  To do that you simply call upon the LORD.  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  Romans 10:13
To be a Christian is to live as Jesus Christ lived and expects us to live.
The Bible says it best:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Galatians 6: 22 - 24
Ye shall know them by their fruits...Matthew 7:16
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:
I John 4: 1 & 2
Beloved, let us love one another:  for love is of God; and ever one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.  I John 5: 7

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It appears to me that the ones doing most of the talking are not Christians and I wonder why you are always here.

That really depends. Either they haven't decided to become a Christian, yet, or they still need more answers, or they are Christians but want to know what are other Christians thoughts to the topic, such as yours, Narnia.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In other words, if somone asked you what it means to be a Christian how would you answer?

Atown, Aduro Amnis, Thaddius, Marcylene, and to everyone that would answer similar, aren't you being too technical? Especially, Marcylene, do you have to put a page or 2, part of the bible to prove your a Christian? Refer partly to the bible instead of saying, in your own words, that your a christian.
And me, well, since no such thing as "half & half", I'm not a 'true' christian.

A true Christian? Curious, Being a Christian is about being a follower of Christ. Understanding that he took the burden of our Sin, and died and was raised again. The True essence off our faith is that by Grace we are saved. Once you can accept that, you will be changed in a way that I could not describe.

As far as being too technical. You can’t be, A Follower of Christ is not reinventing what it means to be a Christian. He/She is demonstrating what we are to being doing. I could quote up and down, but it would be easier for you to just read the bible. The bible will show you how to be Christian.

I am a Christian, I stumble and at times I fall short of the Glory of God. But I never stop, I continue. To be Christian is to maintain a relationship with Father GOD, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. You do this by constant prayer, KNOWING scripture, and striving to accomplish God’s plan for you.

im saved.

meaning he did it all to start with, and i follow in his steps, by his grace every step of the way.

sealcomm

Thankyou  all for your thoughtful answers.I'm delighted to see there are Christians joining in the discussions.

I am a Christian also. I've been redeemed by the blood of Christ. He took my sin on the cross and suffered the penalty for me.He rose from the grave and is ever interceding for me. He exchanged my sin for His righteousness. A debt I can never repay, but for which I daily try to show my gratitude by reading His word, praying to Him and living my life in a way that glorifies Him. Some days I really disgrace His name but I know I'm His and He won't forsake me.

Corpfox, I don't understand your answer " half & half"? :)

You can never know for sure if someone you know or come in contact with is a Christian. You can make assumptions, but only that person and God truely knows.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And me, well, since no such thing as "half & half", I'm not a 'true' christian.

Before, I thought I could be a half christian, but I can't, I have to be a christian, period. To be saved by God/Jesus, what everyone has put down on here, in this topic.

What I was referring my last post is, I am not a C H R I S T I A N, ok?

Sons of God
"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galations 3.26-28

I'm a child of God.

btw here are some verses that might concern a "half & half" Christian.
rock.gif

Life Through the Spirit
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." - Romans 8.1-2

Righteousness Through Faith
"But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.  This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.  There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.  God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood." - Romans 3.21-25

In the end I believe that it is more about the love we have for our Lord than the laws and rules we follow.  Afterall, to love is the greatest commandment (Matthew 22.34-40).  Furthermore, it is the love for Jesus Christ that makes us Christians, not the rules we follow - for if we, all of us, can love then we would have no need for any laws.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Aug. 05 2004,12:32)]You can never know for sure if someone you know or come in contact with is a Christian. You can make assumptions, but only that person and God truely knows.

Jango-I wasn't asking anyone to judge if someone else is Christian. I want to know why you think you are a Christian or not.

There are some who would respond by saying they belong to a certain church or have been baptized,or follow certain rules and they think that makes them Christian. Others think if they are not atheist or Jewish or some other religion and they don't deny the stories they have heard about in the Bible, then they must be  Christian.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

Before, I thought I could be a half christian, but I can't, I have to be a christian, period. To be saved by God/Jesus, what everyone has put down on here, in this topic.
That's right Corpfox.
Knowing you are not a Christian and continuing to search for answers and seek Christ is far better than thinking you are saved when in truth you are not.

I hope you are attending a good Bible teaching church and studying your Bible on your own, too. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

May God bless you as you seek Him.

wink.gif

Narnia, I should warn you, I was a Christian a few years ago, and then a few months ago, and...then a few weeks ago...
rock.gif

Same goes with Christian Clanners/Guilds, I was then I wasn't. I am then I'm not. I have then I haven't. etc.etc.etc...

So, you don't have to tell me what your last sentence says.

Besides, this is your topic, wanting to know why people think their Christians.

You either are or are not Christian, thats easy.

I definitely am and cant possibly prove it to anyone, I just know it
biggrin.gif

Back