AQ/ZG Run 9/15

Angus_Og

Well, it was better than I expected. We took down Kurinnaxx in two shots. Very good I think.

The loot from AQ was: Vestments of the Shifting Sands (Shebaely), Libram: Holy Light IX (Chenani) and Qiraji Martial Drape (Killowa).

Then we went of to ZG and tried to tackle three more bosses.

First up was the Snake boss to finish up The Perfect Poison quest. We got: Primal Hakkari Sash (Shebaely), Band of Servitude (Lyax) and Blooddrenced Footpads (Fingaz).

Next up was Spider and we got: Primal Hakkari Girdle (Mimbari), Flowing Ritual Robes (Lilred) and Belt of Untapped Power (Reasonable).

Lastly came the Bat boss which gave us the most trouble all night. We wiped I think 3 or 4 times mostly due to lag. But in the end we got: Primal Hakkari Girdle (Killowa), Primalist's Band (Chenani) and Might of the Tribe (Deltara).

We also picked up I believe 12/13 idols from AQ and 9 bijous from ZG.

Thanks again to all that came out for the run. It was a great run all around. We pulled down 4 bosses and had a good time at it.

PS.
Everyone ask Shebaely to model her new dress (Vestments of the Shifting Sands)

The Vestments of the Shifting Sands is a very nice piece. They need to redo the artwork on it though. Congrats Shuranda on getting it.

A few things that I wanted to note about our AQ run:

1) I noticed a couple people doing this btw. During our fight with Kurinnaxx, there are sand traps that pop up under your feet that can hit for 2000 damage. I saw a couple people that would attempt to back up when they saw one of these under their feet. For future reference, you can not escape these if you back up. The best thing to do in this situation is to strafe left or right. If you do not know how to do this, the letter Q strafes left, and the letter E strafes right. You don't want to run forward as this will put you closer to Kurinnaxx and once you move forward, you'll have to move back again. This does waste time and most importantly, damage. Strafe is your friend.

2) I picked up on this during the run. I mentioned it on TS, but I'll note it here for future reference for those who did not get to go and want to go in the future. While standing in one place for a while, I had noticed a sand trap did not spawn underneath me for a bit, so I knew one was coming soon. I decided to strafe left about 6 steps or so and continued casting. To my amazement, a sand trap poped up where I used to be standing. What I was left to assume was that the sand traps are on what I would call a timer. They pop up if you have been standing in one place to long? Anyway. What I could recommend trying the next time we are there (*cough* Friday *cough* heh) was that if you are a caster, cast for around 5-10 seconds and if you have not had a sand trap under you yet, move. Don't wait for it to pop up. Move! Strafe left or right (remember not to get close to other people), then continue casting for another 10 seconds or so. Sure, sand traps will pop up, but this should lessen the chance of you getting it.

Congrats to all of those who got loot. See you there again on Friday. :p

- Chris

verrrry interesting, chris!

I think is the first time I've heard that suggested... kind of like Onyxia's deep breath (which triggers if more than 3 people are standing in the same area)

I'm glad to hear you've got your TS working :)

I TOTALLY agree on the graphics of my new robe. I am really glad I wear a shirt and guild tabard! Now if I can find good pants that cover the bare hips that bulge out the sides I will be doing good.

Back